• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Rahxephon91 said:
Why would Capcom announce something so big like this without an announcement of an announcement and then a teaser website.

This thing is fake.
We'll probably find the picture in the fake teaser has a link in it that leads to a countdown that ends with an announcement for the teaser website. It's the new wave of viral marketing, man.

CamHostage

TruePrime said:
The weird thing is the Press genearally no alot more then we do.

So it's possible they already know it's true and are using this as an excuse to post early and get hits.

Sadly, that's not necessarily the case anymore. True, the press often works with PR for embargoed material exposure, and good journalists have good friends, but the kind of guys who used to yap to any ear that would listen now just post up on some forum somewhere and wait for it to be found. And there are so many damned "journalists" out there, and every publisher has so many games in production across so many platforms, that getting ahold of somebody in authority for an instant answer at the speed of the "internet press" is near impossible.

Big Chungus

The best Resident Evil character:

JKUOp.jpg

Vamphuntr

Xpliskin said:
Someone try and debunk that trailer.

There are so many things that don't make any sense:
-BSAA, Tricell -------- POOF -----> Apocalyptic world, Veltro
-Classic camera angles, that's just impossible
-Jill yet again is so unlikely
-And the BEST:
Canada, canadian artist work leak, snowy setting, fake snow-related cover art
(they all have something in common)
-Press is full of shit saying they have seen the trailer at capcom's theatre and they all post the same vid

The two things that make the teaser real for me are the logo design, both teaser and logo leak have the same "6" reminiscent of the "5" from the previous title, and the countless magazine rumors.

Can someone read japanese and tell us if it's proper Japanese? Someone said earlier that the japanese used was broken.

StuBurns

Banned
There are nice middle grounds between fixed cameras and the RE4/5 camera. The issue with fixed cameras are relative movement. To have a consistent control experience you have to always have the cameras in a proxy 'behind' the user position anyway. Heavy Rain tried to deal with this in an interesting (and ultimately horrific) way, using R2 as the movement button, it's none directional so when cameras change you in theory would never be confused of your orientation. It falls apart though because it didn't solve the directional controls in any way.

I think a normal camera, with the correct environment design and cutaways ala Gears could be very affective. Ultimately the reason the older games were more unnerving is because they make you feel inferior, not because their camera is more affective. You're controlling like shit, you have limited ammo, you have to constantly be concerned with health, and your item management. RE4 was just a masterful action game. It still creates tension in encounters, and makes the player focus on every enemy individually as well as prioritizing their importance. It was a Ninja Gaiden-like evolution of the genre.

To create a game that fells as good as RE4 to play, but is much more inline with the creepiness of the older titles is just a question of balancing the game and encounters very differently, while placing you in an environment that's conducive to claustrophobia. In a sense, RE:R seems to be very much in that style. Unfortunately they went for the worst enemy design of all time, so no one is ever going to be scared of it.

guek

Banned
toooold you guuuuys

seriously, there is really NO reason leaked teaser footage would be filmed in the dark with a shitty camera. All those fakes are ALWAYS somehow in the dark, like someone is recording it from 3 feet away in total secret from an awkward angle. Makes no sense! You'd get caught! Then there was the fact that high res assets leaked but the actual teaser had to be caught all ninja like. Why!?

Anyways, I hope the real RE6 shows its head soon...

If you thought that was real, you've never seen a cammed video from TGS before. Even the rare ones successfully taped in a closed theatre have SHITLOADS of goofy background noise from hundreds of games and trailers all being played simultaneously at top volume.

Instro

Vamphuntr said:
Kotaku and IGN both failed hard haha
I give ign credit for not actually making a story out of the video, they just had the video up. Kotaku went all out with their bullshit as usual. Not only not marking it as a rumor but going as far as to make it sound confirmed. How is Kotaku still not banned?

Vamphuntr

Instro said:
I give ign credit for not actually making a story out of the video, they just had the video up. Kotaku went all out with their bullshit as usual. Not only not marking it as a rumor but going as far as to make it sound confirmed. How is Kotaku still not banned?

Bashcraft article.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Who fakes off screen footage like that? I'm confused.
According to Rich's twitter, the logo is the same that "leaked" just before Comic Con. So, maybe it's the same people behind it. But I can't see reason in this, so I'm confused too lol.

Instro

dinosaur_hunter2 said:
According to Rich's twitter, the logo is the same that "leaked" just before Comic Con. So, maybe it's the same people behind it. But I can't see reason in this, so I'm confused too lol.
Would make sense since they were the ones who said info would come on the 15th. So either it was an elaborate setup by the same people, or someone else piggy backing off the original fake rumor.

Beth Cyra

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Nope I must have missed those.
There was one that even got picked up and trended on Twiter I think, then two people came out and admited they did it.

Back when people thought the name coud be Stream and the controller was a tablet shoved into the middle of a Gamecube controller.

Vamphuntr

Meisadragon said:
Really don't think Kotaku would mess up like this.

UPDATE from Kotaku (lol)

Earlier this morning, a representative from Capcom Japan confirmed with Kotaku that the trailer posted above was being shown in the company's closed theatre at the Tokyo Game Show.

Contacted for further information, however, representatives from Capcom USA later informed Kotaku that they "could not comment on rumours or speculation". Those "rumors" being the trailer.

As this discrepency casts doubt on the legitimacy of the clip, we have updated the story's headline and content accordingly. Apologies for any confusion caused!

Beth Cyra

Vamphuntr said:
UPDATE from Kotaku (lol)
Haha they are trying to get out of it.

Should of just left it so people could have a laugh.

And why would that cast doubt on it?

If Capcom TOLD them then why should they doubt it even if Capcom changed it 2 hours later?

Pooya

Nirolak said:
They said Dragon Quest X was pure speculation 6 months after it was first announced.

wasn't that Brian Ashcraft too?

He posted that fake 2ch picture of NGP before the conference as real on kotaku,

He made up news about Sakaguchi and Pandora's Tower boxart that it's Last Story boxart (with the game out for months) and that Sakaguchi is copying Versus XIII,

I don't know anymore. these are all just for this year...

Beth Cyra

To be fair they aren't really alone on DQ X.

How many times was it reconfirmed for Wii only to have a 1000 post thread about people speculating it would go to Ps3/360/PSP?

Vamphuntr

TruePrime said:
Haha they are trying to get out of it.

Should of just left it so people could have a laugh.

And why would that cast doubt on it?

If Capcom TOLD them then why should they doubt it even if Capcom changed it 2 hours later?

The worse is that according to their story that they contacted Capcom Japan the first time then Capcom US the second time. Why did they change? It's obvious the Japanese branch knows more about the game and what they are showing at TGS.

Beth Cyra

Vamphuntr said:
The worse is that according to their story that they contacted Capcom Japan the first time then Capcom US the second time. Why did they change? It's obvious the Japanese branch knows more about the game and what they are showing at TGS.
Oh shit really?

That is just sad.

Top Bottom