• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lost Fragment said:
I hope it's fake if only because the like 2 sentences in it are so poorly written

That was always poor in RE trailers to begin with.

salromano

Capcom PR got back to me regarding the trailer thing. If there are still doubts, we were told: "This was not shown at the TGS theater. Capcom has not made any announcements and we do not comment on rumors or speculation."

Mengetsu

salromano said:
Capcom PR got back to me regarding the trailer thing. If there are still doubts, we were told: "This was not shown at the TGS theater. Capcom has not made any announcements and we do not comment on rumors or speculation."

*Capcom and GAF*

*Person who made this fake trailer months ago who leaked it now looking down at us*

I hope this is just Capcom trolling us honestly.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So RE6 is really a fake since June? :p

Pooya

It's fake. Other sites are citing Kotaku :p which says : "Resident Evil 6 Is (Absolutely Not) Official (In Any Way, Says Capcom)" xD

Carbonox

I'm so fucking confused. :lol

Still, fake or not, I liked that vague teaser. Nice music. If that is the angle Capcom want to go with the franchise, I wouldn't complain either.

Varth

salromano said:

Got back to me, too. Said the old teaser image was a hoax. Of course, I wouldn't expect them to tell me about the reveal beforehand, but it's worth noting that other times the guy gave me at least a "no comment" or something more vague as a hint.

Inkoseh

Neo Member
Rain_ng said:
3 Requests:

1 - PLEASE be Survival Horror! I need to be scared while playing a Resi Game again
2 - Fairly certain it won't be, but don't make it a FPS Capcom!!
3 - Claire Redfield as main character please!!!

YES PLEASE.

salromano

rockman zx said:
ok, ok, fake or not, the second days is over, is Capcom waiting to tomorrow or what?.

Their RE5 15th Anniversary stage event is tomorrow, so the reveal is still possible.

Xpliskin said:
Roughly translated from capcom's TGS 2011 website, this is Capcom's stage shows schedule for saturday 17/09/2011

15:10 - "Resident Evil" 15th Anniversary Stage
Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi - Cast - Guests: sheath "15th Anniversary" celebrated a stage filled with premium anniversary.飛Bi入Ri also a secret guest?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

KageMaru

Real or fake, after waiting 2 years, that's one shitty trailer. I'm hoping to see some kind of gameplay teaser for the reveal trailer.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Does this mean that Resident Evil 6 couldn't even be possibly announced tomorrow during the 15th anniversary showing?

Sure I think it's still possible. They are doing an RE-centric presentation and it would be a great time to show off RE6.

Xpliskin

Jacob4815 said:
This is really a massive trolling started on last june with the leaked screen... and probably the same guy is the troll....

I think the logo leak is legit.

The logo in the teaser looks to be an attempt at reproducing the leaked logo. Compare them and you'll see what I mean.

The guy who has leaked the logo showed us this today. This is 100% legit if you'd ask me:
re6tgspresentation_slide001.jpg

Still a few hours to go and we'll get to know RE6.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
LiK said:
so the teaser was probably made with the leaked logo for maximum effect.
Yeah.

I heard from multiple people at the time that the Comic-Con thingy was real, but this no one said was except Kotaku.

Carbonox

Xpliskin said:
I think the logo leak is legit.

The logo in the teaser looks to be an attempt at reproducing the leaked logo. Compare them and you'll see what I mean.

The guy who has leaked the logo showed us this today. This is 100% legit if you'd ask me:
re6tgspresentation_slide001.jpg

Still a few hours to go and we'll get to know RE6.

Oh nice, first I've seen of that specific image. It's a nice logo as well.

Jacob4815 said:
This is really a massive trolling started on last june with the leaked screen... and probably the same guy is the troll....

The source of that rumor/leaked screen (AFAIK) says:

Hello

The teaser trailer for Resident Evil 6 is fake. The official announcement for RE6 will be tomorrow not yesterday.

sva5S.jpg

Is this reveal gonna be accompanied with a full trailer of this game?

No trailer. Only details.

http://helldescent.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10546

Top Bottom