• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

salromano

Xpliskin said:
I think the logo leak is legit.

The logo in the teaser looks to be an attempt at reproducing the leaked logo. Compare them and you'll see what I mean.

The guy who has leaked the logo showed us this today. This is 100% legit if you'd ask me:
re6tgspresentation_slide001.jpg

Still a few hours to go and we'll get to know RE6.

Who leaked the logo in the first place?

Xpliskin

Someone from the helldescent forums:
http://helldescent.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133
"Akiraodasan".

Summary of this entire situation:
-Fake teaser
-Fake rumors/details

-Logo leak and the guy who leaked them are legit
-We will not see any footage of RE6 at this TGS. Only an announcement
-Details will be unveiled at the Bio 15th anniversary a few hours from now

This confirms everything he said:
-Revelations stage show will show us underwater gameplay
-Some of the revelations enemies will be present in RE6

Beth Cyra

Xpliskin said:
"Akiraodasan".

-Fake teaser
-Fake rumors/details

Well I like the idea of some of the Water beasts or whatever they are making it over to RE6. I still need/want some details but we will see what they say in a few short hours.

Jacob4815

Xpliskin said:
"Akiraodasan".

-Fake teaser
-Fake rumors/details

Good.
But Akiraodasan is also the guy who leaked the picture if i'm not wrong...

We'll wait and see.

weeaboo

RE:R is starting to sound very important story-wise so I wonder when are they going to announce the Vita port, maybe today.

Beth Cyra

Speedymanic said:
Ugh, RE6 is going to feature the same dull creatures from RE:R?

Disappointing if true. :(
It's very unlikely they would be the only creatures in the game and it better to have a few sprinkled out to help with diversity, even more so if they add to the complexity of them on the more powerful hardware.

Vamphuntr

So happy Kotaku got burned. Haha they even brought down Eurogamer and IGN with them. Guess that will teach them from using Kotaku as a reference.

TruePrime said:
It's very unlikely they would be the only creatures in the game and it better to have a few sprinkled out to help with diversity, even more so if they add to the complexity of them on the more powerful hardware.

True, I guess it was too much to hope for them to bring back Crimson Heads. It's the first thing I thought of when the claims of it being a scary game again were made.

Fernando Rocker said:
We have only seen a couple of creatures from Revelations...

I keep hearing this and while I have no reason not to believe Capcom, it would be nice if they showed some of the other creatures.

「これは最終的に起こっている」 does not make any sense.

Beth Cyra

Speedymanic said:
True, I guess it was too much to hope for them to bring back Crimson Heads. It's the first thing I thought of when the claims of it being a scary game again were made.

I keep hearing this and while I have no reason not to believe Capcom, it would be nice if they showed some of the other creatures.
Man Remake is still so damn amazing.

Lord Ghirahim said:
The fake trailer was confirmed machine translation I believe.

protonion

I've been hoping for years for Resident Evil to go underwater. They could do an mgs2 like setting where a base is partly flooded. These are better than zombies imo:

k4bm06.jpg

14xz1vm.jpg

34yqs6b.png

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
After all the racism controversy of RE5, I wanted Capcom to have some balls and invoke all those same uncomfortable feelings in reverse: main character is black, wears a black beret. Los Plagas (plus some virus or whatever) have once again brought apocalypse to a quiet midwestern American town. They inhabit the businessmen in suits. They inhabit the housewives in their sundresses. They inhabit the police in the riot gear. They inhabit FBI in black sunglasses. Black man blows the heads off them all, revealing the evil parasite within.

And suddenly the OOPS!-accident-"we here in Japan had no idea this could be a problem" explanation for RE5 is nullified, or at least lessened. The sense of unease being heightened by invoking uncomfortable racial juxtapositions is revealed as an intentional part of the design. Praise from N'Gai Croal. Praise from critics.

Instead..... ?

TruePrime said:
Man Remake is still so damn amazing.

Indeed. I wish I still had my copy and my GC. I, rather stupidly, sold all of my CG collection and my lovely black CG for a measly £200 so I could buy a 360 on launch day.

And to think I thought it was an amazing deal at the time. Still hurts, man...still hurts. :(

Beth Cyra

Speedymanic said:
Indeed. I wish I still had my copy and my GC. I, rather stupidly, sold all of my CG collection and my lovely black CG for a measly £200 so I could buy a 360 on launch day.

And to think I thought it was an amazing deal at the time. Still hurts, man...still hurts. :(
I still got mine but I think I'm going to pick up the Wii Version so I can play it on Wii U, will be better then any of the launch games on the platform and I like to break in a new system the best I can.

wrowa

Lord Ghirahim said:
According to a friend of mine it says "It finally happens!". He says, however, that the wording is strange.

Imbarkus said:
After all the racism controversy of RE5, I wanted Capcom to have some balls and invoke all those same uncomfortable feelings in reverse: main character is black, wears a black beret. Los Plagas (plus some virus or whatever) have once again brought apocalypse to a quiet midwestern American town. They inhabit the businessmen in suits. They inhabit the housewives in their sundresses. They inhabit the police in the riot gear. They inhabit FBI in black sunglasses. Black man blows the heads off them all, revealing the evil parasite within.

This is an excellent idea. You could have a soundtrack with Fear of a Black Planet, Fuck the Police, Cop Killer and other songs which follow the same theme. You would get a lot of free publicity with this.

Kayo-kun

RE in some sort of a big underwater facility/submarine would be great. I am sure there was a game with zombies+water floods a few years ago, but I seem to have forgotten the name.

Top Bottom