• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 spotted out in the wild...

Lucent

ps3 demo will be the same as 360..

Yeah, I'm disappointed in that as well. I would've rather had some new areas to play through. At least with Leon. That forced walking parts make his demo something you don't want to replay much. Hopefully at least it doesn't have the screen-tearing or anything like the 360 had. I really wanted it to be the comic-con demo though so we'd have the updated camera and stuff.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Typical polish small time game shops :p

Missing the little hidden game shop in Czestohowa that released games before the date already.

EDIT: Wait they were stolen? that doesnt surprise me either.

News Bot

Banned
Actually, wasn't RE6 going to be a reboot or something along those lines?

Nope. The misunderstanding comes from people taking Takeuchi's word at face value, but he was just giving his opinion and he never had any involvement with BH6 outside of asking Kobayashi to helm it.

Lusankya

Typical polish small time game shops :p

Missing the little hidden game shop in Czestohowa that released games before the date already.

EDIT: Wait they were stolen? that doesnt surprise me either.

Why else should a Polish shop sell the German version of the game?

Syriel

Yeah, it's just best to assume it's a stolen copy /sarcasm *Oh, for God's sake* Guys that bought the game are members of a well known and respected polish gaming magazine. It might be stolen and put in a store shelf to be sold. But accusation of stealing (without any evidence!) directed towards the people who own the game and bought it a legal way is a lot more than rude.

Stolen property is stolen property.

It doesn't suddenly become a legal sale just because money changes hands for it. All it means is that the "buyer" purchased stolen property.

To say that all copies of RE6 that are in the wild are stolen copies is factually accurate.

This is from GameFAQS, and it's a different than just picking a character and playing with the 'til the end:

Jake - Edonia (Ch. 1)
Chris - Edonia (Ch. 1)
Jake - Edonia (complete)
Chris - Edonia (complete)
Leon - Tall Oaks (Ch. 1-3)
Jake - China (Ch. 1-3)
Chris - China (Ch. 1-3)
Leon - Tall Oaks (complete)
Jake - China (Ch. 4-5)
Leon - China (complete)
Jake - China (complete)
Chris - China (complete)

Unless things changed *drastically* from the preview build (not likely), this list is a complete fabrication.

RE6 starts you out with a prologue (
which presumably ends right before the final boss fight starts
) and then gives you the campaign menu. Each campaign can be played through directly. It doesn't force you to switch campaigns.

For example, Chris' campaign does not start where this says it does and it does not force to you play Jake's first chapter before moving on to Chris Ch 2.

News Bot

Banned
You can play one character's campaign the whole way through. You can also stop in the middle of one campaign and start another. Then stop at some point and go to another campaign, etc. Complete freedom.

Unless things changed *drastically* from the preview build (not likely), this list is a complete fabrication.

) and then gives you the campaign menu. Each campaign can be played through directly. It doesn't force you to switch campaigns.

For example, Chris' campaign does not start where this says it does and it does not force to you play Jake's first chapter before moving on to Chris Ch 2.

Well couldn't the Edonia section be the prologue meanwhile China is present time?

With that said you're correct in that you can play it in any order you wish. It also leaves somethings out as each character has 4 or 5 different scenarios.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You can play one character's campaign the whole way through. You can also stop in the middle of one campaign and start another. Then stop at some point and go to another campaign, etc. Complete freedom.
Yup, though it should be mentioned the exclude to this is the prelude and Ada's campaign. The prelude must happen first, and the Ada's campaign can only be played once the other three campaigns are complete.

But for Leon's, Chris's, and Jake's campaigns you can go in the campaigns in any order and stop and start another in-between. However, I suggest you finish a chapter before going to another character's campaign as starting another campaign when you are in the middle of another campaign's chapter will overwrite your progress in the chapter so you'll have to start over again.

(I really don't know why this game doesn't use sub-chapters like RE4 and RE5. The chapters are long, about 2 + hours each, and there's obvious points they could of inserted sub-chapters. They cover a diverse number of locations in one 'big' location, such as in Leon's first chapter, the city, you go between a university, a suburb, the subway, and then through the downtown city and several locations there. Obvious places they could of placed sub-chapters, but they don't for some reason.)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well couldn't the Edonia section be the prologue meanwhile China is present time?

With that said you're correct in that you can play it in any order you wish. It also leaves somethings out as each character has 4 or 5 different scenarios.
There's going to be no way to initially play the chapters in canonical order on your first play through. The prelude
takes place near the very end of the game, which
you have to play first and is the game's tutorial. Jake's campaign takes place first canonically, but then comes Chris, BUT it's Chris's second chapter. Chris's first chapter takes place at the same time as Leon's in chapter 1, but his chapter 2 is a flashback to 6 months ago which is the same time Jake's chapter 1 takes place at.

(meant this as an edit, not a double post)

The list was to show what the best "canonical" order is to the play the game, that's all. I never said anything about the game forcing anyone to switch campaigns.

blixa

Banned
why the hell would anyone want to play the same locations consecutively -- though with another character -- on the first playthrough? that's just begging the game to "bore" you out. not saying it's the canonical order, but it does seem it would get rather formulaic in that aspect.

by the way, do we even have confirmation that the leak is authentic?

Nilaul

Stolen property is stolen property.

It doesn't suddenly become a legal sale just because money changes hands for it. All it means is that the "buyer" purchased stolen property.

On the other side, buyers such as one of my friends brought it not knowing it was stolen.
So if Capcom had the right to persue the buyers, wouldn't it be considered inmoral?

Just in case your guys are wondering: Hes not finding the game scary, not even a bit. On the other hand hardly anything does scare him.

ApolloJoh

Does PS3 get the demo tomorrow?

Yeah. Apparently, it's going to be the same as DD 360's which kinda sucks 'cause I was hoping it'd be the SDCC demo.

At least it's something though.

Also, there'll probably be an explosion of comparison videos, lol.

Lucent

Yeah. Apparently, it's going to be the same as DD 360's which kinda sucks 'cause I was hoping it'd be the SDCC demo.

At least it's something though.

Also, there'll probably be an explosion of comparison videos, lol.

That's how I feel. I figured that maybe we (PS3 players) would get an updated build after the criticism of the 360 demo two months ago. I really wanted to play it with the updated camera and stuff.

Wonder when the Dragon's Dogma code will be usable.

Fracas

#fuckonami
When does the 360 demo go up, if it even gets one? Haven't kept up with this game, but I'm getting interested.

On the other side, buyers such as one of my friends brought it not knowing it was stolen.
So if Capcom had the right to persue the buyers, wouldn't it be considered inmoral?

Just in case your guys are wondering: Hes not finding the game scary, not even a bit. On the other hand hardly anything does scare him.
No, it's recovery of stolen property. Selling it to clean hands doesn't help.

Lucent

does the codes work now?

Not working for me yet. Gonna go to bed in an hour. I'll try again and if not I'll try when I wake up lol. If not...sometime after school.

EDIT: It was like 6am or so before the 360 code worked at my friend's. Though it may be different with PS3. Though I think it was around that time with the AC: Revelations multiplayer beta on PS3, too, so never know.

Syriel

It's no different than any other piece of stolen property. It doesn't belong to your friend and Capcom has every right to demand it back (including getting police involved if it so chooses).

If your phone was stolen and you found out someone had it, you would expect it back, right? You wouldn't expect to buy back your own stolen property.

As for the police, if they believed your friend had no idea he was buying stolen goods, they would simply confiscate the game if they ever showed up (not likely if he's keeping it for himself as it's probably not worth Capcom's effort to pursue, someone selling on eBay is a different matter).

If the police believed your friend either knew or should have known he was buying stolen property, they could probably arrest him on trafficking in stolen goods.

If your friend's game was confiscated, the only person he could recover his money from would be the person who originally sold it to him.

Capcom would not owe him anything legally or morally.

Lucent

yes, but a different build, perhaps from the final product.
it will perform differently, so do try it.

Really? Do you know this for sure? Cuz, yeah, it does kind of suck having to replay the same demo levels, but at the same time it'll keep from spoiling more of it so the real game will have more surprises. I mostly care about performance and updated camera and stuff.

Top Bottom