• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour Demo now up on Xbox One

Piichan

Banned
Better than the PS4 demo based solely on the fact that the demo is actually complete from the beginning lol.
It is, right?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Dusk Golem

Sick demo release schedule Capcom

Is PC still waiting till the 19th?

As far as I and anyone knows, that's still the plan. Though I was wondering since the big demo update was already solved if they might push it up, since the word from Capcom is they made sure to clear the RE7 demo for spoilers for the main game for any data miners.

Though the PC version of the demo will also have the PC version options, according to wbacon.

Except the phone calls :)

I'm still surprised those seem entirely absent from the final demo update. The demo is superior to the earlier builds in every way about, except the phone now literally seems to do nothing.

fritzo

I'm still surprised those seem entirely absent from the final demo update. The demo is superior to the earlier builds in every way about, except the phone now literally seems to do nothing.

makes me wonder if the phone calls in the final game will be scripted or random, or will change based on triggering certain actions in the game. oh god my head is spinning.

Just finished a playthrough. Wasn't sure what to think of the game from trailers and other footage. Still not sure after playing it. Heh.

Edit: Screenshots.
YgB4Btm.png

855gzsh.png

Vi3VhQH.png

EXt0EVL.png

ofaDHlP.png

Neff

Be interested to see technical comparisons. I'd prefer to buy this on Xbox over PS4 if it's up to the same standard.

Dusk Golem

Just finished a playthrough. Wasn't sure what to think of the game from trailers and other footage. Still not sure after playing it. Heh.

One thing I certainly suggest is after you beat it once, go through it a second time. There's areas you can only access if you
go open the fireplace secret passage before watching the VHS tape, you'll find a fuse inside if you go in there before watching the tape that will give you access to the attic, which in turn will also give you access to the basement.

Be interested to see technical comparisons. I'd prefer to buy this on Xbox over PS4 if it's up to the same standard.

Me also, I've played the demo on PS4 so looking forward to comparing to the Xbox version.

Hopefully we get a DF analysis!

Neff

If you have both consoles why not go with the one with the VR option?

Because I'm not interested in VR, especially at that price. Also the XB1 controller is by far preferable to the DS4, which is why I like to keep my options open.

Framerate seems great but it also doesn't look nearly as sharp as the PS4 version.

Yeah the screens don't look as good, sadly. RE7 is a real looker on PS4, so I'll probably get that version anyway.

Because I'm not interested in VR, especially at that price. Also the XB1 controller is by far preferable to the DS4, which is why I like to keep my options open.

Yeah the screens don't look as good, sadly. RE7 is a real looker on PS4, so I'll probably get that version anyway.

Are we potentially looking at 900p on Xbox vs 1080p on PS4? Seen as though both versions support HDR i'll probably go for the PS4 version as well if that's the better looking version.

Dusk Golem

Framerate seems great but it also doesn't look nearly as sharp as the PS4 version.

I also don't remember a pixelated image like this in the PS4 demo:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vega/screenshot/5331174

That being said: I still don't enjoy the new direction and that's why I won't buy the game.

Are we potentially looking at 900p on Xbox vs 1080p on PS4? Seen as though both versions support HDR i'll probably go for the PS4 version as well if that's the better looking version.

Seems like it, which I guess makes sense as a lot of games made for both usually look a bit better on PS4, but from what I know the RE Engine prioritizes optimization and consistent framerate over quality and downgrades stuff on the fly to achieve that, so I'm sure some sacrifices were made to run it at 60 fps on Xbox One as well with that in mind. But HDR support is a win and I do think it's pretty they focus on performance over graphical prowess.

malfcn

One thing I certainly suggest is after you beat it once, go through it a second time. There's areas you can only access if you
go open the fireplace secret passage before watching the VHS tape, you'll find a fuse inside if you go in there before watching the tape that will give you access to the attic, which in turn will also give you access to the basement.

I'm on the fence with design like this. Different items because you watched something first?

The demo was creepy. I got the bad ending, assume that is by design to make you play again.

The actual game can't be designed like that too?

Hate to say it, but those screens are kind of gross

And I don't mean the bathroom, I mean the chromatic aberration. Was it that bad in the PS4 demo? At least it doesn't seem as apparent in the footage of the main game, and can be turned off in the PC version

Rocketz

Cool. I got the bad ending the first time so I was going to look up how to do the alt endings. I've went in blind with the demos.

What's with the logo - is that representative of what the final game logo will be? This isn't another game whose logo will be stripped of all identity, is it? :/

ekgrey

So I just booted up the demo (trying to get anything other than the "bad" ending) and was prompted to download a 3.5GB update. Anyone know what that was? So far everything seems the same. Maybe the phone works again? New secret area? If so, it's well-hidden....

Jawmuncher

So I just booted up the demo (trying to get anything other than the "bad" ending) and was prompted to download a 3.5GB update. Anyone know what that was? So far everything seems the same. Maybe the phone works again? New secret area? If so, it's well-hidden....

No one knows and no update has hit the PS4 version

ekgrey

Well shit. I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Keep getting the bad ending. I glanced at a guide in frustration (trying to avoid major spoilers) and read that
I need the basement key that will be behind the secret panel that opens from the pulley in the fireplace, but everytime I open it, I get the backdoor key instead.
Any hints?

Arkeband

Banned
Well shit. I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Keep getting the bad ending. I glanced at a guide in frustration (trying to avoid major spoilers) and read that
I need the basement key that will be behind the secret panel that opens from the pulley in the fireplace, but everytime I open it, I get the backdoor key instead.
Any hints?

Pull the lever in the fireplace
Get the fuse from the table in the room that opens
Put the fuse in the fuse box to get to the attic

You'll find what you're looking for up there.

Any hints?

pull the lever right in the beginning, not at you watch the tape

For me personally Pro is prolly the lead console for multi plats between the 2...for NOW. Soon as Scorpio launches I'm ditching the Pro and keeping it solely for the exclusives.

So i would say maybe Pro ver.?

Neff

For me personally Pro is prolly the lead console for multi plats between the 2...for NOW. Soon as Scorpio launches I'm ditching the Pro and keeping it solely for the exclusives.

So i would say maybe Pro ver.?

I'm assuming the Pro version will be the best one out there after PC, but no way I'm buying one any time soon.

Unless a Bloodborne patch happens, I'll probably do the same and end up getting Scorpio.

ekgrey

pull the lever right in the beginning, not at you watch the tape

Ahhh, shit. You know, I probably never would have thought of that. I tend to roleplay a lot when I'm playing games, and so I'd have the mindset that the character wouldn't know about that lever before watching the video, so I'd always watch it and then pull the lever. Well. Now that I know that the game employs that kind of logic, maybe I can better tackle future puzzles.

Thanks!

Oh, anyone figure out what the update was? Did PS4 get it?

Top Bottom