• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Jawmuncher

I ultimately agree but RE7 is actually quite intentionally a pastiche of many, many old horror tropes, both from its past games and other games/movies. This one was a bit on the nose I agree - but it fits with the rest of the game.

I'd heard the banned footage stuff was all mediocre though - what if I only want the
redfield
ep? (Spoilered just in case)

That's free so you don't even got spend money.
The third DLC is supposedly it's own almost expansion in an entirely new location. But yeah the Banned Footages are pretty mediocre. If someone needs them to play they're better off getting the season pass still. Just in the case the third DLC is good.

Chabbles

Just get the Season Pass and wait on the final DLC. It'll be a better value since buying them individually isn't a value at all even on sale.

Never had this issue. Hopefully just reloading the save or resetting the system can fix that.

nvm, i dont think its a bug. It does disappear after a bit, its still really annoying. Disabling the hud gets rid of the ammo counter altogether but also removes all interactive prompts.

Think I'm going to give in and buy this. I've been putting it off due to just not being able to handle horror games as the tension just drains me.

That being said, is the season pass worth it? And any tips, tricks, etc are welcome that will help me out with this game.

Think I'm going to give in and buy this. I've been putting it off due to just not being able to handle horror games as the tension just drains me.

That being said, is the season pass worth it? And any tips, tricks, etc are welcome that will help me out with this game.
Currently not really but Jack's birthday is really good, it's the closest things to mercenaries you get.

Anung

Un Rama

Unless you can get it for cheap the season pass probably isn't worth it. The narrative DLC don't add much/muddy the main story narrative and the rest are like mini games and throwaway stuff.

Jawmuncher

It's worth it if it's on sale. Only because if you end up wanting the upcoming expansion that isn't free. That'll probably end up being $20 by itself which the season pass has already been

Currently not really but Jack's birthday is really good, it's the closest things to mercenaries you get.

I dunno about really goods it's a neat diversion at best. With the main issue coming from S ranks basically all requiring the same route.

You aren't gonna see people clamor I guess for it's return like Raid or Mercs

Still no news on Not a Hero right?

Jeez.

maxresdefault-2-3.jpg

Still find it great that the game still shows this when you clear it...

gconsole

Still no news on Not a Hero right?

Jeez.

I suspect Not A Hero DLC was supposed to help pushing the sale, but with the current state of the game it's pretty useless. Capcom might have changed the plan and put all that resource into the new/another game.

Jawmuncher

Supposedly Not A Hero was silently delayed and will come out closer now to the second DLC. Don't be surprised if we get NMH at TGS and also the reveal of the second DLC as well

Funny how paid DLC came out a week after the game's release, while the free DLC got delayed more than 6 month.

There are actually people defending this shit, fuck off Capcom.

The word at the time was they had outsourced "Not a hero" to someone else, and they did a really bad job of it, so capcom took it back in house to salvage.

At this point I would guess aiming for a around Halloween release date?

bumpkin

Supposedly Not A Hero was silently delayed and will come out closer now to the second DLC. Don't be surprised if we get NMH at TGS and also the reveal of the second DLC as well
I hope so. The story stuff is the only DLC I'm remotely interested in.

Jawmuncher

The word at the time was they had outsourced "Not a hero" to someone else, and they did a really bad job of it, so capcom took it back in house to salvage.

At this point I would guess aiming for a around Halloween release date?

All of that is true. As for the day one/week one DLC. It was all made during development at varying times. However going by the data mining only Jacks Birthday was ever at one point tied to the game.

Jacks Birthday was supposed to be the bonus for completing the game and they took it out to pad the DLC. It's also why the weapons in that mode are weird. They were supposed to be unlockable and used in the main game.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope we get a Not A Hero date announcement and trailer at TGS with either an imminent or Halloween release?

Also teasing this next big DLC might be nice.

Jawmuncher

I hope we get a Not A Hero date announcement and trailer at TGS with either an imminent or Halloween release?

Also teasing this next big DLC might be nice.

With NaH being action focused and the second DLC supposedly horro based and essentially - rejected pitch for RE8. You'd probably want that DLC for Halloween.

Anung

Un Rama
With NaH being action focused and the second DLC supposedly horro based and essentially - rejected pitch for RE8. You'd probably want that DLC for Halloween.

To be honest as a moron who bought the season pass at launch I just want something...anything.

Ah man, really?

I do hope they continue the first person horror (with VR support!) part of the series in some manner, even if they don't call it RE8.

I would agree, but given they've not been able to finish Not a Hero, I suspect they've likely got similar troubles in the other part too. And I don't have the confidence in Capcom that they can have both ready...

This shit is intense but so satisfying to play.

I took out
Jack Baker in the garage. But now he's following me around the main hall of the house. I ended up solving a shadow puzzle and wound up in a basement area where a bunch of black creatures are grinding me and making lose a bunch of ammo. Best way to deal with them? Did I miss anything in the main hall area? I'm hoping it let's me backtrack if I keep pushing the direction I'm going.

This shit is intense but so satisfying to play.

I took out
Jack Baker in the garage. But now he's following me around the main hall of the house. I ended up solving a shadow puzzle and wound up in a basement area where a bunch of black creatures are grinding me and making lose a bunch of ammo. Best way to deal with them? Did I miss anything in the main hall area? I'm hoping it let's me backtrack if I keep pushing the direction I'm going.

scorpion key is on the table in basement, backtrack and use that to get the shotgun........ you'll figure it out.

Where do you get this information from? What was the rejected pitch for RE8 and why was it rejected? End of October seems a short turn around from turning a rejected game into a releasable DLC pack.

It will be a shame if they are giving up on the horror focused first person perspective for the franchise, I thought it showed a ton of promise.

Jawmuncher

Ah man, really?

I do hope they continue the first person horror (with VR support!) part of the series in some manner, even if they don't call it RE8.

I would agree, but given they've not been able to finish Not a Hero, I suspect they've likely got similar troubles in the other part too. And I don't have the confidence in Capcom that they can have both ready...

Where do you get this information from? What was the rejected pitch for RE8 and why was it rejected? End of October seems a short turn around from turning a rejected game into a releasable DLC pack.

It will be a shame if they are giving up on the horror focused first person perspective for the franchise, I thought it showed a ton of promise.

I'll have to find the old GAF post from the user who posted the info. I'm just repeating what I read from there. Also I don't think they're giving up on horror. I just think they felt said concept was better as a DLC than a full game. Remember they did say in the RE7 DLC that the mainline would keep the "spirit of survival horror" or something like that.

I personally do think that the First Person view point is up in the air though. It didn't gain much traction in the east.

I'll have to find the old GAF post from the user who posted the info. I'm just repeating what I read from there. Also I don't think they're giving up on horror. I just think they felt said concept was better as a DLC than a full game. Remember they did say in the RE7 DLC that the mainline would keep the "spirit of survival horror" or something like that.

I personally do think that the First Person view point is up in the air though. It didn't gain much traction in the east.

I hated the first person perspective

Made it to
Lucas' Party area
. I don't know how far along in the game I am but I realize so far there really hasn't been that many
enemies I've fought.
Not counting the Baker's themselves I've really only come across a handful of Molded (which, as an enemy type, are fucking boring and annoying to fight). Do they start to respawn? I have a feeling they might and I'm not looking forward to that.

Aside from that I'm really impressed by the sound design. There's a very satisfying sound to the cassette recorder and bringing up the menus, etc. It reminded me a bit of The Last of Us in terms of that very satisfying heft there is to certain sound effects.

So is the coin the demo gives anything worthwhile? I don't have it as I wasn't able to get the perfect ending of the demo, but I've been hoarding the demo on my hard drive and it's 7,4 GB, so I was thinking of deleting it. So what's that coin and is it worth firing up the demo again to try to get it before I eventually play the full game?

So is the coin the demo gives anything worthwhile? I don't have it as I wasn't able to get the perfect ending of the demo, but I've been hoarding the demo on my hard drive and it's 7,4 GB, so I was thinking of deleting it. So what's that coin and is it worth firing up the demo again to try to get it before I eventually play the full game?
Nope. You have more than enough coins in a playthrough to take care of things.

Orta

Banned
Is the movement in this game supposed to be slow as shit? Tried it the other night and fucked it off after an hour. It felt like I was running through treacle most of the time.

MiguelItUp

Is the movement in this game supposed to be slow as shit? Tried it the other night and fucked it off after an hour. It felt like I was running through treacle most of the time.
Weird, I never felt like it was a slow at all, so I guess that's just a matter of opinion.

Orta

Banned
Yeah I do know that. I guess its just a case of me expecting any first person game to play like a fps. I know RE7 is anything but, but I still can't adapt to the slower gameplay.

Oh well.

Top Bottom