• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Ingeniero

I was this close to buying PS VR kit yesterday.
My inner tech junkie persona made me stop and do research before.
From what I have read, Occculus is the top dog in VR so far.... but man I want to play RE7 in VR and shit my pants.

I'll buy it today.

Is it worth it to use the repair kit to fix the broken shotgun?

Sure. It's stronger than the normal shotgun, but holds less ammo (only two shells). You could also use it on the handgun which is the same deal, stronger but less ammo.

There are two repair kits in the game and two broken guns just FYI so if you get both, might as well use them both

I thought I could soldier through Madhouse today and get the platinum, nope.

The part of the game where
you're on the ship
broke me.
Let's check the 2nd floor. Two fat molded, great! Let's go to the first floor and get the gun. No gun, but here's a 4 legged molded!

Just too tired to deal with it tonight. Tomorrow I'll get it though.

Weiss

Banned
Holy shit this game is nerve wracking.

I'm cowering from a collection of 1s and 0s whose attacks will cost me a couple minutes of progress. That is incredible.

Finished the game last week. Some brief impressions.

Enjoyed it. I would have liked more enemy variety, but the Bakers were pretty fun. I wish there would've been some giant spiders, dogs, and a giant snake like Resident Evil 1. The opening Mia fight was the creepiest part of the game.

Ateron

Holy shit this game is nerve wracking.

I'm cowering from a collection of 1s and 0s whose attacks will cost me a couple minutes of progress. That is incredible.

Just you wait for madhouse mode! Those 1s and 0s are even more persuasive there, hehe

I felt the same the first time

Weiss

Banned
Ethan is a bad main character because
when you get into a chainsaw fight with a redneck
you have to end things with a cool one-liner like "Sorry to split, but I'm in a hurry."

bumpkin

Ethan is a bad main character because
when you get into a chainsaw fight with a redneck
you have to end things with a cool one-liner like "Sorry to split, but I'm in a hurry."
lol... YES!

"This time, stay dead" (or whatever the quote was) is kind of a lame quip by comparison to your proposed line.

Also from Madhouse run, I discovered how amazing the
scrolls
were.

Being able to tank Mutated Jack's attacks while calmly aiming for the eyes was so great.

Edit: And got the Platinum. I appreciate how different Madhouse is. Props to the people who finished that without any post-game stuff.

Weiss

Banned
Up to the boss in the Bug House and OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS DISGUSTING

Man I really hope the DLC involves
saving Zoe because leaving her to her fate so I can save my awful wife is just terrible.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the ending:

I noticed after Chris rescues you the emblem on his helicopter is a blue Umbrella logo. What's up with that? Was it explained in another game?

The Ummah

Banned
Hey guys I have a question regarding the ending:

I noticed after Chris rescues you the emblem on his helicopter is a blue Umbrella logo. What's up with that? Was it explained in another game?

Hey buddy,

Currently, we have no definitive answer. Hoping that the Not A Hero DLC will explain things further.

rhino4evr

Just finished. Great game. The last area was really intense. I'm kinda bummed that I never got to upgrade the broken gun or shotgun. Not that I really needed it. Game gave you plenty of ammo.

I got almost all but 2 of the coins on my first play through. Which kind of pisses me off.
What's the difference in mad house mode?

I want to play the DLC, but maybe I should wait for a sale?

so does anyone have any general suggestions as to how best to deal with the stupid sludge monsters? They kind of constantly ruin the pace of the game for me. They aren't fun to fight, and I'm not sure how much ammo I should be wasting on these things.

I'm currently at the part where I have to get the two key cards and they are now kind of all over the place (after getting the one key card and going to the basement and having to escape there with them basically surrounding you, I'm not sure what to do...)

zeemumu

so does anyone have any general suggestions as to how best to deal with the stupid sludge monsters? They kind of constantly ruin the pace of the game for me. They aren't fun to fight, and I'm not sure how much ammo I should be wasting on these things.

I'm currently at the part where I have to get the two key cards and they are now kind of all over the place (after getting the one key card and going to the basement and having to escape there with them basically surrounding you, I'm not sure what to do...)

Aim for the head at point blank range or blow their legs off and run.

Think it's like 1 shot with a shotgun or modified ammo or 4 shots with a handgun if you aim for the head

I don't love them either but bad news: they're the main enemy type. At the end of the day it's all about headshots - the base one will go down with 3 or so pistol shots and one shotgun blast to the head.

Fwiw they have a fixed range - once they get outside their range, they melt and return to where they started so if you get into trouble just run away.

Stagger or drop them and run past. They can't open doors so make sure you shut them behind you.

sappyday

I'm at the point where
I get the snake key and the house and yard have the sludge monsters. I literally need one more hit and I'll die and I have no healing items or ammo cause I wasted most of it during the Marguerite fight.
Not sure what to do and I feel like I'm just fucked.

edit: a few hours later and I beat the game.

I love this game. But Jack just reminds me of how much I miss the Tyrants, G, and Nemesis' of the Resi world :( Think we'll ever go back to the old Virus monsters in RE8?

Daffy Duck

Run around them in a circle and get behind them and constantly stab them with the knife, then when they turn to you, run around again and stab stab, YMMV with groups of them but I managed to cope with them pretty well with this method, especially late in the game with the bigger knife. Failing that headshots are your friend.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Just finished. Great game. The last area was really intense. I'm kinda bummed that I never got to upgrade the broken gun or shotgun. Not that I really needed it. Game gave you plenty of ammo.

I got almost all but 2 of the coins on my first play through. Which kind of pisses me off.
What's the difference in mad house mode?

I want to play the DLC, but maybe I should wait for a sale?

Glad you enjoyed it. Mad House Mode is highly recommended. There are plenty of stuff mixed up in this mode that should make the second playthrough a rewarding experience.

As a heads-up, we have no plans to discount DLCs or the Season Pass anytime soon. Discounts may commence sometime after the third and final story-based DLC comes out. Note that I'm referring to the unannounced third paid DLC that's also part of the Season Pass.

The last thing we'd want to do is upset early adopters (our strongest fans!) who paid for the Season Pass at full price, only to have the DLCs and/or the SP discounted before they all come out.

Platinum get, what a great game.
If not for Breath of the Wild I would say this game is totally my GOTY so far.

The second
Daughters
DLC seems like a waste of money in my opinion, the story content is just not worth it.

Goldboy

Just finished this game. While I feel that the first half of the game is far stronger than the second, overall this was great. One of my favorites of the entire generation so far, and Jack Baker is a spectacular villain.

Bladenic

There's no way to remove a loaded gun's shells other than use them right? I want to remove the 4 from my shotgun since I repaired the broken one but can't seem to find a way.

Curufinwe

Just finished this game. While I feel that the first half of the game is far stronger than the second, overall this was great. One of my favorites of the entire generation so far, and Jack Baker is a spectacular villain.

First half is better, but I really liked getting loaded up with guns for the last part of the game.

Bladenic

Finished it all yesterday in one day (beside the first hour which I played upon release). Liked it, though I dunno, I don't feel like it's nearly the same level as RE4 or RE5 for me. Better than RE6 probably but as of now I've no desire to replay it while I replayed RE4-6 plenty of times. I loved the locations and return to a small, confined setting to explore.

Story was unfortunately disappointing for me in terms of answers, which sucks because the setup was amazing. I was reading the spoiler thread and just about all of DuskGolem's predictions turned out wrong but would've been way more interesting than what did happen. There were some cool things and the game seems very much a setup for the future of the series.

Also I can't get over how awful Ethan's VA was. I don't care if it was intentional, his extremely dull reactions to almost everything especially related to Mia were awful.

Bumhead

Banned
Speed runners;

Does pausing the game contribute to the end game timer? Or can I safely pause for breaks without worrying about it taking me over the 4 hour target time?

Gradon

Speed runners;

Does pausing the game contribute to the end game timer? Or can I safely pause for breaks without worrying about it taking me over the 4 hour target time?

As far as I remember, pausing is safe. In fact, I believe that people suggested pausing when stuck to seek a guide with continuing at a fast pace.

Bumhead

Banned
As far as I remember, pausing is safe. In fact, I believe that people suggested pausing when stuck to seek a guide with continuing at a fast pace.

Yep that's exactly what I'd be wanting it for. I've speed ran REmake several times although I must have finished that game near on 15 times and know it like the back of my hand. I've still only finished RE7 once but want the unlockables before doing Madhouse.

Pinky

Banned
Speed runners;

Pausing the game will stop the in-game timer, so you can safely pause without fear of running up your time.

Jawmuncher

Finished it all yesterday in one day (beside the first hour which I played upon release). Liked it, though I dunno, I don't feel like it's nearly the same level as RE4 or RE5 for me. Better than RE6 probably but as of now I've no desire to replay it while I replayed RE4-6 plenty of times. I loved the locations and return to a small, confined setting to explore.

Story was unfortunately disappointing for me in terms of answers, which sucks because the setup was amazing. I was reading the spoiler thread and just about all of DuskGolem's predictions turned out wrong but would've been way more interesting than what did happen. There were some cool things and the game seems very much a setup for the future of the series.

Also I can't get over how awful Ethan's VA was. I don't care if it was intentional, his extremely dull reactions to almost everything especially related to Mia were awful.

Pretty much where I was at (though I still think 6 is better, mainly due to gameplay).

I feel like this game is a 10 when you are exploring the houses and fighting the family, but by the end it drops down to like a 4. Those caves were the saddest shit I've seen in a while. Just a linear grey tube with the occasional grey enemy to spam machine gun bullets at.

Jawmuncher

I feel like this game is a 10 when you are exploring the houses and fighting the family, but by the end it drops down to like a 4. Those caves were the saddest shit I've seen in a while. Just a linear grey tube with the occasional grey enemy to spam machine gun bullets at.

Damn, I don't love the game and even I wouldn't be that mean lol. I do agree though that once you leave the main house, the game does drop off a good bit quality wise. Especially with the ending sections. I think it's a case of the game starting so strongly, that nothing is ever able to come close to it. Overall i'd give it a 7. There's a lot of good ideas but some ideas hurt it overall.

0racle

I JUST beat it and everything after the houses is typically RE zanyness, the bad kind.

I was so in love with the game and the atmosphere initially, then it went low budget filler and totally killed my hunger to do another playthrough.

Also I can't get over how awful Ethan's VA was. I don't care if it was intentional, his extremely dull reactions to almost everything especially related to Mia were awful...

started this today, & played for a few hours, & yeah - ethan's a serious piece of work! is he supposed to be a stoner or something? is he actually smoking the plants you find, rather then using them to heal? his reactions to mia are just heartless beyond belief! like, 'oh, wow!' :) ...

hughesta

Banned
I loved Ethan's VA. His dull reactions to absurd nonsense really hit a special note for me and was hilarious the whole way through.

Vamphuntr

Its been delayed so they can make it as good as possible. I believe there was an apology video.

Ah must have missed that. Thanks you so much. Yeah I supposed they are probably making it a bit more fleshed out considering the last part of the game was half assed.

Top Bottom