• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Survival Pack DLC reveal (leak?)

jryeje29

Really hope these pre order bonuses aren't a sign for a game with micro transactions shoved down your throat. I'm excited for a horror game for the first time in a while and want resident evil to make a real come back.

I still can't believe this game is coming out in, like, 4 months and we still haven't seen combat.

A week from now, and we'll probably see some combat at TGS. Part 2 of the playable demo on PSN as well

3089104-re7_finger.jpg

Ludens

Banned
I don't know what is worse: the fact Hard mode is not unlocked from the start (forcing you to do another play) or the fact Capcom is giving you additional items because....maybe Hard is too hard? I don't know, I don't understand.
If Hard difficulty setting is calibrate in the right way, I don't know why I should use those items (I mean, I want a challenge, that's the reason I'm playing on Hard). Otherwise if you NEED those items in order to survive because Capcom didn't tune Hard well....

I think you will use the Burner as a weapon to damage enemies... not to burn the dead bodies.

Anyhow... 4 months till the release of the game and yet nothing clear about it.

Let's see what they are going to show us in TGS.

Ludens

Banned
I think you will use the Burner as a weapon to damage enemies... not to burn the dead bodies.

Anyhow... 4 months till the release of the game and yet nothing clear about it.

Let's see what they are going to show us in TGS.

Yes, pretty much. I don't like also the fact a GOLD edition was announced the day RE7 demo was released on the store, I simply don't like the trend of doing DLCs months before a game is released and you have no idea how it will play.
I'm not against DLCs totally, in fact CDPR released amazing stuff worth every cent, but I'm against Capcom's DLCs, since they have a story of cut contents on disc. I think it's the same even for RE7, probably those contents will be already completed when the game will ship on January (I'm sure this is the case, since the Deluxe/Gold seems providing those DLCs on D1, for an additional 20$).

Dunno, maybe the game will be good, but I feel like asking 80$ is too much for this, considering it looks and plays like one of the many indie horrors you can find on Steam for much less (like Outlast, Soma, Amensia etc).

Yes, pretty much. I don't like also the fact a GOLD edition was announced the day RE7 demo was released on the store, I simply don't like the trend of doing DLCs months before a game is released and you have no idea how it will play.
I'm not against DLCs totally, in fact CDPR released amazing stuff worth every cent, but I'm against Capcom's DLCs, since they have a story of cut contents on disc. I think it's the same even for RE7, probably those contents will be already completed when the game will ship on January (I'm sure this is the case, since the Deluxe/Gold seems providing those DLCs on D1, for an additional 20$).

Dunno, maybe the game will be good, but I feel like asking 80$ is too much for this, considering it looks and plays like one of the many indie horrors you can find on Steam for much less (like Outlast, Soma, Amensia etc).

Where are you getting that the DLC will be day 1?

Also, this isn't a trend, it's standard. Any game with a season pass gets some type of release of main game bundles with said pass.

bidguy

Banned
What a lame as preorder pack. Made this for the REgaf thread, but it reminds me of basically starting the game like this. Couldn't imagine preordering REmake or RE0 with an extra Red/Green Herb and Box of pistol bullets.

shitxkoiy.png

I do think that the coins are for items to unlock however. So the actual use of these preorder packs are probably related to the coins that we know nothing about. I doubt they're tied to a merchant style character. I would bet on weapons, costumes, or something along that line. Some sort of bonus content is what coins are used for is my guess.

Still further baffles me why a hard mode is a preorder pack. It's not even enticing. I'll unlock that after playing on normal anyway.
If your game is good i'm going to go back and play it more than once. The % of people who are going to start on the highest difficulty is so small it's kind of ridiculous to talk it up to get preorders.
Really feels like it was the only thing they could think of as preorder DLC because they just had to have SOMETHING.

why pick up emblem at start of game ?

Top Bottom