• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have both the PC and PS4 (PS3 with cross buy) versions pre-loaded at the moment. The PS3 theme is fantastic. It's the best theme I've seen next to BioShock Infinite.

Just finished downloading this earlier. It's been so long since i've played, it'll be like playing it for the first time all over again. Less than 24 hours...can't wait.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are we getting a PS4 theme? :(

I installed the theme weeks ago on PS3. I couldn't find anymore information regarding a possible PS4 theme and I haven't found it anywhere on my PS4 yet. Everything is still locked and there's no option to download it (yet?).

I remember when this picture was going around about the possible Zero HD port.

0cacba153230f136e66b59b9bfc02dc41419863251_full.jpg

CAPCOM began accepting pre-orders in Japan for the PlayStation 4 download version of Resident Evil HD Remaster, which will debut on January 20 in Japan. For a limited time, CAPCOM is offering a special theme to people who pre-order. CAPCOM's website image of the theme featured an apparent icon of Resident Evil Zero, although the image has since been updated to remove the icon.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pecial-theme-had-apparent-re-zero-icon/.82748

If that's correct then we might not see it. Which is stupid. That theme is awesome.

B7sMp59CYAAp6aR.jpg

I'm not finding anything about a PS4 theme.

B7sNE-_CAAAk5VN.jpg

It doesn't even show that a theme will come with the purchase. On PS3 it might. I just assume the PS3 will get the theme unless it's a game designed for the next gen console.

B7sNnFxCQAAuNPa.jpg

No Related Items either.

KaYotiX

Banned
So how is RE-make on the xbox One? Thinking of grabbing it, havent paid much attention to it but I love me some classic Resident Evil.

Fady K

I wish Capcom worked on a Dynamic PS4 theme for this :0!

By the way guys, is there any hope of Capcom releasing this on PS4 retail eventually or should I just go for the digital version on my PS4?

joe2187

Banned

By the way guys, is there any hope of Capcom releasing this on PS4 retail eventually or should I just go for the digital version on my PS4?

There is Zero chance of a retail release happening for PS4/Xbone.

Absolutely none.

liquidtmd

Banned
Until Capcom releases another RE anthology collection for RE7.

A PS4 released RE0 HD, REMake HD, cleaned up as much as lazily possible RE2, RE3, CVX HD, RE4 HD, RE5 and RE6 tidied up with DLC in a retail boxed anthology collection?

I would buy.
I'm sorry, I know I know I'm part of the problem

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Buy the Japanese version for PS3. It does not include a theme from what I know (standard version). The pic is of the Collector's Package. It looks fantastic.
biohazard-hd-remaster-collectors-package-375237.12.jpg

biohazard-hd-remaster-dlc-wsoundtrack-cd-for-japanese-network-391785.7.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/biohazard-...apanese-network-on-paOS-13-49-en-70-8eax.html
The PS4 version is obtained by PSN in Japan.

For those that don't understand Japanese; the Japanese versions have typically had English dubbing.

Language Voice: English Japanese
Subtitles English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
Genre Action Adventure
Version Japan
CERO D (17+)
PAX-Code PAX0006379318
Catalog No. CPCS-01102
Item Code 4976219058506
Players 1

You would be better off buying the digital version if you want it for PS4. Cross Buy is also a great feature to have if you somehow have a penthouse with a PS4 inside and you have to travel out of town with your PS3 (just a thought). - and you forgot your Vita back at your penthouse.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Buy the Japanese version for PS3. It does not include a theme from what I know (standard version). The pic is of the Collector's Package. It looks fantastic.
biohazard-hd-remaster-collectors-package-375237.12.jpg

biohazard-hd-remaster-dlc-wsoundtrack-cd-for-japanese-network-391785.7.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/biohazard-...apanese-network-on-paOS-13-49-en-70-8eax.html
The PS4 version is obtained by PSN in Japan.

For those that don't understand Japanese; the Japanese versions have typically had English dubbing.

I can confirm that if anyone wants to get the PS3 retail version from Play-Asia, they can very easily go ahead. The game has English voice acting, and english text options as well (if your console is US or EU, the game will default to English options on launch as well).

No Mouse. KB only was the way you play Resident Evil. And in my opinion better than Controllers because Arrow Keys are perfect for Tank Controls. Much more precise.

I am willing to try the KB out, but I'm probably going to use my old and trusty X360 controller. Just can't see myself enjoying KB controls - even if they're precise - as much as a controller.

I installed the theme weeks ago on PS3. I couldn't find anymore information regarding a possible PS4 theme and I haven't found it anywhere on my PS4 yet. Everything is still locked and there's no option to download it (yet?).

I remember when this picture was going around about the possible Zero HD port.

0cacba153230f136e66b59b9bfc02dc41419863251_full.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pecial-theme-had-apparent-re-zero-icon/.82748

If that's correct then we might not see it. Which is stupid. That theme is awesome.

B7sMp59CYAAp6aR.jpg

I'm not finding anything about a PS4 theme.

B7sNE-_CAAAk5VN.jpg

It doesn't even show that a theme will come with the purchase. On PS3 it might. I just assume the PS3 will get the theme unless it's a game designed for the next gen console.

B7sNnFxCQAAuNPa.jpg

No Related Items either.

Interesting, they switched GB size from 15 to 23.2gb. Mine still sitting pre-loaded in the info panel at 15.7gb.

I dunno about that. I find the knife runs pretty fun from the games in the series that I have done it in. Knife only Outbreak runs where fantastic. It's all about knowing how your enemy is going to react and mastering your evasive maneuvers.

I'll never forget knifing Birkin in Leon Scenario A with exactly 00.06 secs left on the clock. Intense.
Okay, it probably isn't fun for me because I'm just bad at evading zombies in this game.

Gurish

it changes to the minimum amount required to start the game after downloading for a bit.

Can i keep the full download display in the notifications screen? I like to see how it progress and the remaining time left, maybe pause the download and such, more comfortable than checking the game's info every time.

Dreathlock

So there is still no way to buy/pre-load this game on EU PSN? What a joke. If i cant pre-load it overnight i wont be able to play tomorrow. :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
eh...these game themes have been all pretty bad so far. its like none of them take into account how the background affects visibility.

Tido84

Ran into my first Crimson Head and managed to get the Armor Key for myself, pretty good progress for tonight.

Trying to play through without guides for my first playthrough ever.

like that attitude. This game is made to enjoy it slowly. The atmosphere is awesome. have fun buddy

Parsnip

Sorry I dunno what BNC is. Barcelona?

Ah yes, sorry. That's a typo on my part, BCN is what I meant and what the tweet says, and is one of the abbreviations for Barcelona.
Specifically it seems like he's talking about El Palace Hotel, looking at some of those pics on that page and google images, that whole place seems like a gold mine for all kinds of REmake source material.

Top Bottom