• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Outrage is reported to be likely Cancelled ,Was going to be a Multiplayer title ,isn't related to a "Possible" Resident Evil Switch game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

My brain is melting reading everything regarding this thread.

What?
According to Natedrake:

It's best to forget about RE Outrage.

So did it just never exist at all or is this another Metroid Prime remaster situation?
It existed (may still exist in some form). People in the thread are right in that Outrage was a multiplayer thing.

As you should since Outrage has likely been cancelled. It was also never RE Switch. Not sure how the two became linked as one.
RE Switch is something totally unrelated to RE Outrage. Whether RE Switch remains an active project is TBD.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Well, this shocking 😳 i only heard RE Outrage as a Switch game, yet it may still be happening after all, and RE Outrage was something else entirely.

i would love Resident Evil Switch to be true!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a video game insider that goes by the name Nate the Hate, the supposed Resident Evil title for Nintendo Switch that was thought to be in development was that of Resident Evil: Revelations 3. Previously, the Revelations series was one that had ties to Nintendo, with the original installment in the spin-off franchise first coming to Nintendo 3DS. While Revelations 3 was rumored to be in development, though, Nate the Hate has now indicated that this might not be the case any longer.

The reason for this belief, according to Nate, is because the process of obtaining any insider information or scoops associated with this Resident Evil game for Nintendo Switch has been quite difficult. According to the longtime insider, typically, when it's hard to find these details, it could mean that said game might not be happening any longer. "When a project is this difficult to come by any information on, it kind of makes you wonder whether the project has been shelved or plans with it have shifted in some way," he explained. "But I would love for Resident Evil to be on Switch with an original game."

Doom85

According to a video game insider that goes by the name Nate the Hate, the supposed Resident Evil title for Nintendo Switch that was thought to be in development was that of Resident Evil: Revelations 3. Previously, the Revelations series was one that had ties to Nintendo, with the original installment in the spin-off franchise first coming to Nintendo 3DS. While Revelations 3 was rumored to be in development, though, Nate the Hate has now indicated that this might not be the case any longer.

The reason for this belief, according to Nate, is because the process of obtaining any insider information or scoops associated with this Resident Evil game for Nintendo Switch has been quite difficult. According to the longtime insider, typically, when it's hard to find these details, it could mean that said game might not be happening any longer. "When a project is this difficult to come by any information on, it kind of makes you wonder whether the project has been shelved or plans with it have shifted in some way," he explained. "But I would love for Resident Evil to be on Switch with an original game."

So wait, first Revelations 3 was turned into 8, and NOW it was “actually” a Switch title instead?

At this point I’m calling bullshit on this new “info”. At least 8 originally being Rev 3 seems likely because IIRC that was the same source that accurately told us about the werewolves and everything before Village was officially revealed, whereas this feels out of left field. Like, when talking about RE rumors, I feel like barely anyone mentioned this Switch title because I certainly don’t remember it.

Top Bottom