• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Shauni

It's going to rough when down the line
Barry is going to have to put a bullet in that little girl's brain.

After DDTing her

Neiteio

Just finished The Struggle and Little Miss, both on Casual. Really enjoyed both of them. Even on Casual, The Struggle was intense, coming down to me and my crowbar against two of those one-hit-kill tentacle monsters. O_O Very heartfelt depiction of Moira that should make anyone like her. And Little Miss is just amazing in depicting what goes on in Natalia's head...

Zambatoh

Just finished The Struggle and Little Miss, both on Casual. Really enjoyed both of them. Even on Casual, The Struggle was intense, coming down to me and my crowbar against two of those one-hit-kill tentacle monsters. O_O Very heartfelt depiction of Moira that should make anyone like her. And Little Miss is just amazing in depicting what goes on in Natalia's head...

I wasn't even going to post this, but since you brought it up.

http://i.imgur.com/uWvNLXv.jpg

Natalia's mind in a nutshell.

I seriously love this fucking game. It feels like a damn steal for $25. I just finished it tonight and I assume I got the good ending. Barry and Moira have the best lines. Full cheese mode.

Jawmuncher

Little Miss wouldn't have been out of place in a silent hill game. It's quite the change from anything I recall ever seeing in a RE game. I like it because of that though, even of the sneaking around wasn't that great.

xero273

is this a known bug? Barry Episode 4
after taking the lift elevator, you have to open the door but it doesn't work because it doesn't recognize barry. I get to the dialog where natalia wants to try but never get the prompt to have natalia try

SeanTSC

after taking the lift elevator, you have to open the door but it doesn't work because it doesn't recognize barry. I get to the dialog where natalia wants to try but never get the prompt to have natalia try

Never had that happen, but I usually just run straight up with her first. Might be one of those switches where you have to fiddle around with your position if you don't it just right.

Neiteio

It is, but only if you are invested in the characters and lore. It's a love letter to the fans.

Everyone else will shrug and say "is that it?"
Not necessarily. You could come in with no prior knowledge of RE, and the humor/heart would still work because Rev 2, itself, did such a good job making us like the characters (including characters new to the series).

Manu

Not necessarily. You could come in with no prior knowledge of RE, and the humor/heart would still work because Rev 2, itself, did such a good job making us like the characters (including characters new to the series).

Maybe, I don't think it's very likely though.

We need someone who played this as their first RE game to settle the debate.

Purchased the retail version, I guess everything's on the disc and there's no voucher of any kind for the extra stuff? There wasn't anything inside the box besides the disc. I would obviously check myself but I can't try out the game until the weekend.

Zambatoh

Never had that happen, but I usually just run straight up with her first. Might be one of those switches where you have to fiddle around with your position if you don't it just right.

I've noticed some people on Steam are having a similar problem. I've tried it both ways, but I can't seem to reproduce the bug. It just works for me.

Neiteio

Maybe, I don't think it's very likely though.

We need someone who played this as their first RE game to settle the debate.
What's there to debate? We're all experiencing this in a way, since characters like Moira, Natalia and the villain are all new to this installment. They're equally important in how it all comes together. It's their relationships and personalities, as depicted in this game, that make it work for me. :)

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Finished the main story. Really liked it even with loose ends and some weird pacing. the campy b=horror makes it perfect for the fan service it receives.

Also think the week to week is the way to episodic games. It's funny, as TV moves towards binge, maybe games are moving towards episodic WITH A TIGHT SCHEDULE...

Got the good ending, how do you get the bad one?

King Boo

It is, but only if you are invested in the characters and lore. It's a love letter to the fans.

Everyone else will shrug and say "is that it?"

sadly that's true in my experience. tried getting my buddies on board but they only know the series thanks to the movie. but another two friends that enjoy re, said capcom is trying too hard recreating re4, even though it doesn't feel like that to me. oh well

GSR

Performance patch on the PC does wonders. Still occasional stuttering, but the overall difference is night and day.

Finished Claire's episode 3. I was spoiled on what to do there to get the good ending, but
when I got to the moment I thought Moira wasn't moving so I wound up doing it as Claire. Then I reloaded and got it as Moira.
Much more satisfying, and
Moira's fear of guns
had a surprisingly realistic bend to it, even if the fact it had to be pressed into a few seconds meant it was a little Lifetime Movie of the Week-ish.

Out of curiosity, do you need to have the good ending in episode 4 to get related completion medals/achievements? If (when) I replay, I might intentionally go for the bad ending.

Also the "was it good for you too?" line after the
slow-motion factory explosion
killed me. Very RE4-style camp. That said the "go jump on a dildo" one fell pretty flat given what had just happened.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is surprising much better then the last 3 RE games.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This PC performance patch is incredible, I went from lowest settings and 30 fps lock (which was barely ever at 30 fps) to near max settings and 60 fps almost all the time.

My god it's like a brand new game.

Finally got the pale rider
http://i.imgur.com/p9UbIqh.png

I've only seen this once in the store so far over 50 levels

Weird coincidence because I just got my pale rider too. First time I've seen it in the store since launch. I even saw it twice in the shop. I wonder if store stock has certain biases some days to certain items.

SeanTSC

since I'll never unlock them, what are the bonus weapons for moira and nat?

Katana for Moira and Bubblegun for Natalia. Both are *awesome*. Katana just mows things down on any difficulty and the Bubblegun puts a big, translucent bubble around enemies completely stunlocking them (but does no damage on its own) making them just sit there for Barry to unload on them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So heads-up, Capcom most certainly does have post-game plans for this game. Outside of the picture of the giant enemy, in the game's files, there's six stages that don't appear in the main game (a convenient number for a Gauntlet), none of which include the Revelations 1 beach interestingly enough, and hints there may be future Raid Mode map packs.

AdaWong

So heads-up, Capcom most certainly does have post-game plans for this game. Outside of the picture of the giant enemy, in the game's files, there's six stages that don't appear in the main game (a convenient number for a Gauntlet), none of which include the Revelations 1 beach interestingly enough, and hints there may be future Raid Mode map packs.
Anything about characters?

Ribbon

Huh so I guess I'm on track for the bad ending, but I really hated most of episode 3 and don't want to replay it. The explodey guys on the water walkways were dumb and the puzzles were so easy and boring.

I thought the first and second episodes were great though but for capcom to decide the games ending on a quick time event like that is a terrible choice.

Ill have to ask this again (for raid mode)...My weapon toolkit is still on first level, the game told me i have unlocked the upgrade, the shop always has a glowing "1" above it to tell me I can buy something new but there is nothing new. When I first asked a while ago someone here said I have to get enough "gauntlets" to unlock it in the shop...what are gauntlets??? Special word for one of the medals? I always complete all missions with all medals and have like 410 with Hunk being lvl 79.

Top Bottom