• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Excited to report back if shareplay works... 10 hrs 42 mins to go.

vg260

I would have picked this up on Greenman if their 25% coupons worked on the $25 option and not only the $40 one.

Neff

She fakes her death in BIO2. The game doesn't try to hide it at all.

There are several "old" characters they can use for this girl. Alex Wesker, Christine Henry, Jenny K. being the top three candidates unless it's someone who's never been mentioned before but fits into the mythology with ties to important events, like Sergei Vladimir was.

Was Alex's gender ever confirmed one way or another? I know the Lost in Nightmares files go out of their way to avoid ever referring to Alex as 'he' or 'she', but I don't know of any other references to the character outside of that last minute RE5 file.

JILL IS IN RAID MODE 2

JESUS HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DROP IT LOW LIKE IT'S HOT

I DONT FUCK WITH UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Raid Mode rundown - Episode 1 characters

y8I4COh.jpg

Other characters are Claire, Barry, Moira, Gina

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2015/02/23/raid-mode-rundown---episode-1-characters

joe2187

Banned
JILL IS IN RAID MODE 2

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2015/02/23/raid-mode-rundown---episode-1-characters

The chick that got killed in the intro sequence gets a playable character?

so would that mean that like RERE1 Gina would become a boss later? or probably the main antagonist?

of course Rev 1 Jill is in, the whole roster is going to be filled with Rev 1 characters, they have the least amount of work needed possible

Dr Dogg

Should be interesting to see discussion every week until the next episode.

Definitely, kind of like tv style discussion. Plus seeing the way Revelations 1 ended each Chapter kind of on a cliffhanger despite it being released all at the same time be interesting to see if Capcom have played up to this more in 2.

Beth Cyra

JILL IS IN RAID MODE 2

This is really disappointing for me. Don't care for Jill or get her love really. I had hoped Chis was going to be an unlock. Guess I will be skipping Raid mode in this game.

Well at least until Wave 2 possibly.

Definitely, kind of like tv style discussion. Plus seeing the way Revelations 1 ended each Chapter kind of on a cliffhanger despite it being released all at the same time be interesting to see if Capcom have played up to this more in 2.

I think most folks will be excited/waiting patient for the next episodes.

Seyavesh

i'd imagine this still uses the MT framework engine including the usual .arc files so it's not like model swapping/modding in that stuff is gonna be too rough probably

hell if it uses the same stuff entirely as rev1 hd it'll probably make it even easier

Jawmuncher

i'd imagine this still uses the MT framework engine including the usual .arc files so it's not like model swapping/modding in that stuff is gonna be too rough probably

hell if it uses the same stuff entirely as rev1 hd it'll probably make it even easier

Sailor Chris confirmed
But yeah Jill is cool but meh to the swimsuit.
Her weakest costume to date by far.

Nori Chan

This post is stupidly hostile for what reason exactly? You do realize that not everyone will be happy for this character and certainly no reason to use this kinda post to someone who has purchased this game.
Cause skipping raid mode because one character is in and possibility of one character being out is a great reason on itself.

K, bye.

Beth Cyra

Cause skipping raid mode because one character is in and possibility of one character being out is a great reason on itself.

K, bye.

I play Resident Evil because I love Chris's character and Raid is all about building a character over long and continued play, and there for I want to like a character?

We are really going to be come this hostile and stupid to people already before unlock and its not even over stuff like Pre Order Canceled, but a simple post saying Im disappointed over character choice?

Great, well I guess I can just not interact with the thread I suppose.

I play Resident Evil because I love Chris's character and Raid is all about building a character over long and continued play, and there for I want to like a character?

I respect your opinion, but what makes Chris great but not Jill? They're both relatively vapid, hollow characters. People who like Chris like him for the same reason people like Jill: they saw some shit with these characters back in 1996. They're not particularly deep or standout characters, but fans enjoy the long-time relatability.

edit: yes, GTR, mine actually finished downloading last night :)

Jawmuncher

We are really going to be come this hostile and stupid to people already before unlock and its not even over stuff like Pre Order Canceled, but a simple post saying Im disappointed over character choice?

Great, well I guess I can just not interact with the thread I suppose.

Always believe in Chris. I bet we get 1 legacy character a pack. Since they can use that as sales potential.
Chris fans buying episode 2 gets him for raid
Leon fans buying episode 3 get him for raid
Etc

Makes sense to be. Seems capcom is using this as a DLC platform of sorts. Could easily see them using this as a sort of idea on how to structure a standalone Raid or Mercs game.

I guarantee Chris'll be a character option in Raid mode, why wouldn't he be? He was in Rev1 and Rev1 Jill is in, plus its Chris. No reason he isn't going to be in

Beth Cyra

I respect your opinion, but what makes Chris great but not Jill? They're both relatively vapid, hollow characters. People who like Chris like him for the same reason people like Jill: they saw some shit with these characters back in 1996. They're not particularly deep or standout characters, but fans enjoy the long-time relatability.

I don't fnd either Hollow Or Vapid really, The big problem with Chris a lot seem to have is he doesn't have a personality, and I tend to actually disagree with this.

Does Chris usually have stupid/fun one liners like Leon? No, he doesn't. However I do actually like that he is a character that is dedicated to his friends and saving the world. I like the fact that they never bogged him down with a Romance and yet he does go out of his way to protect Jill.

As far as the difference between Jill and Chris? I don't know, I just like Chris's voice actor, and over all design. Also call me crazy but I love the fact that they continue to make him have women with him but he is either likely Asexual or a Gay man and has platonic loving relationships with people like Jill, Sheva and the Wet Suit from REV1.

Granted I don't hate Jill, but nor do I like her or find exciting the way I do with Chris so Rev, RE3 and this announcement do nothing to excite me other and make me disappointed that she got in over Chris because, well I like Chris and not Jill.

Yes it is. At $25 I might actually buy this game. When will the reviews be out?

Nice, TY ; )

News Bot

Banned
Was Alex's gender ever confirmed one way or another? I know the Lost in Nightmares files go out of their way to avoid ever referring to Alex as 'he' or 'she', but I don't know of any other references to the character outside of that last minute RE5 file.

Archives II calls him a man, but it's not directly written by the series writers. It's possible the author (Jun Otomo) made a mistake.

Kouichi

Oh wow, I had no idea this game was episodic and only $25. That's pretty awesome! I really want the cross buy and HUNK, so I'm buying the complete season right now.

How fun is Raid Mode? I heard so many good things when Revelations 1 was released.

Beth Cyra

But Jill is hot. Probably the sexiest video game character ever aside from Regina (Dino Crisis)

Not to take that away from anyone who thinks it, as I know there are a lot. However for me personally I've never EVER found Jill attractive.

Granted I've only ever found two Capcom Women attractive so that is really common for me and the women they design.

Can I ask what you do in this raid mode?

Basically turns the game into Resident Diablo.

You run through stages in order to level up and collect loot. Leveling up unlocks new active and passive skills you can use to attempt harder stages to get even better loot. The loot in this case are guns of all types which you'll then equip to use until you find better and better versions.

Niven

Basically turns the game into Resident Diablo.

You run through stages in order to level up and collect loot. Leveling up unlocks new active and passive skills you can use to attempt harder stages to get even better loot. The loot in this case are guns of all types which you'll then equip to use until you find better and better versions.

That's sounds really cool! Thank you explaining

FatalT

Banned
Beth Cyra just put ubersticky on ignore and you can enjoy this thread. You can't take someone who posts like a child and has a "Bitch please" avatar seriously anyways.

Beth Cyra

Beth Cyra just put ubersticky on ignore and you can enjoy this thread. You can't take someone who posts like a child and has a "Bitch please" avatar seriously anyways.

Thanks and to be fair to them, I did edit it to say possibly I would join in on Wave 2.

I said personal disappointment because that is all it is. It's no slight on this game or announcement, I was just hoping for Chris and for a mode where its all about building a character you want to build a character you like right?

So if I came across as sounding like REV 2 isn't worth a purchase or you should avoid Raid mode then I apologize I tried to avoid that with how I typed the post.

Audette

Raid mode was a blast in the first game, however it required completion of the single player story chapters to full unlock. Any word on how this is going to be working in the now episodic sequel?

Also, info before suggested that online raid mode would not be available for episode 1's launch, is there any news on how fast it will be launched after initial release?

joe2187

Banned
Raid mode was a blast in the first game, however it required completion of the single player story chapters to full unlock. Any word on how this is going to be working in the now episodic sequel?

Also, info before suggested that online raid mode would not be available for episode 1's launch, is there any news on how fast it will be launched after initial release?

Im assuming it's just finish the episode first which will then unlock raid mode.

Seyavesh

iirc they said online will be enabled after the full game is released, which is uh...

3 weeks after tomorrow, i guess?

Top Bottom