• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Genio88

I loved the first on 3DS, but if i have to be honest i'm glad they passed to other platforms, i mean if we'll have the same great game as the first episode plus a greater graphics and improved mechanics thanks to PS4/One/PC, that's good to me.

News Bot

Banned
So, new protagonists as in not the same of the first game or new protagonists entirely? I'm still confused.

Not the same as the first Revelations, but the protagonists are all returning characters.

Hoping for a 2007 setting because that year is the only empty one in the series.

Nemesis_

So, new protagonists as in not the same of the first game or new protagonists entirely? I'm still confused.

Rumours from the last thread

There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”
“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”

Take with a grain of salt, obviously.

Not the same as the first Revelations, but the protagonists are all returning characters.

Hoping for a 2007 setting because that year is the only empty one in the series.

So no Chris, no Jill, I guess is too soon for Leon, probably not Ada as the main character either. Is the terrasave from the trailer a clue?.

News Bot

Banned
Come to think of it, there's potential for an annoying retcon with one of the characters. It'll be interesting to see just how much CAPCOM remembers their own lore.

Jawmuncher

Whoever the 3 characters that were rumored is what's going to make or break my hype. I really want to see people we haven't seen in ages.

I personally would really like to see hunk in some sort of major role.

No WiiU or 3DS :/

Loved Revelaitons on the 3ds best Resident Evil game in almost 10 years, I'll still get the sequel either on ps3 or ps4 if I have one but disappointed that I can't play it on the go/off screen

Normally I brush it off when games don't come to wii u buy come on this sold well enough of 3ds and wii u that it deserved to at least release on one of those platforms! Cmon nintendo get ur game up buy capcom already.

No New 3ds is a shame. Especially since the first sold (and played) best on 3ds, but then again, consdering that even 3ds sales werent great, its a miracle this exists at all. Hopefully its 100% like the ship parts and the characters arent anyone from 5 or 6.

Pretty exciting but with The Evil Within on the horizon and its actual horror focus, it's hard for me to be super excited. Yet I have always been a fan of the series since day one so Ill def be getting it. Hope the gameplay they show impresses. Im ready for that!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Key Art

rerevelations2vkif.jpg

Riposte

What? Zombies in RE6 were fun. Much better than J'avo.

I have to disagree, especially if we talking about vanilla enemies for both. (They were fun though.)

I don't think you know what "dudebro" means, I don't think you've played Call of duty, and I don't think you're guessing.

Because seriously, nothing you said made sense.

We are probably coming from different places, but I fully agree with your reprimand.

Based on rumors, my bullshit theory:

Claire
Rebecca
Alex Wesker (haha, I can't decide if this is more or less likely than Steve or Billy)

I really hope it isn't one of the original characters from the previous game, because bleh. Until recently I had thought Jill was a shoo-in and entertained the idea of Sherry.

I think Claire's VA was making a joke in that tweet.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
No Nintendo love make me sad too, guys, but let's accept it and let's talk about the game.
I really hope that the game will play like the ship parts of the first game. I really loved those parts, for me the best RE parts of a RE game in a long time, together with the DLC of RE5 (Spencer mansion)

News Bot

Banned
The island might be this one.

I gave Alex subordinates and a research site. The necessary funding, equipment, research materials and test subjects. The only thing wanting is time.

The research site I chose is a certain solitary island floating in the South Seas.
It was once a certain nation's military installation, but has been long-abandoned. Taking the researchers, equipment and several hundred test subjects, Alex went there.

...Or it could be yet another one, making islands the most common setting in the series.

With the new 3DS announcement I thought that maybe Capcom, could release Revelations 2 on 3DS as a flagship new game for N3DS that will show how much you can do with it in terms of graphics.

I guess not.

I think Capcom wants to fill the void of RE7 with Revelations 2, since is possible that RE7 is still quite far away.

DedValve

Banned
Come to think of it, there's potential for an annoying retcon with one of the characters. It'll be interesting to see just how much CAPCOM remembers their own lore.

I'm pretty sure the directors wing it each game then have some writers try and piece it together.

It helps that each mainline game is spaced out by so many years.

I really hope they don't replace Alyson Court, but at this point I'm not holding on hope.

#nohopeleft

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
maybe dumb question but: being this on home console, do you think they'll put coop inside it, as for RE5 or 6?

Do we know what engine this will be using? MT framework sung on PS3 and 360, the character models in RE5 and RE6 are some of the absolute best of this gen, especially during the real time cut-scenes.

If they are using Panty Raid, we can expect great things regardless

Almost certainly using MT Framework.

The first game looked fantastic on 3DS, and that was MT Framework Mobile. Can't wait to see how this'll look. Good to know Claire's more than likely coming back, too. Best RE protag that isn't named Leon.

The island might be this one.

...Or it could be yet another one, making islands the most common setting in the series.

If this is the case and Alex is involved somehow, that would line up with rumor that one of the game's main characters is someone that's been mentioned but never shown on-screen, wouldn't it?

Carbonox

Since RE5 I've been wanting them to carry on the Alex Wesker thing. Had zero interest in the plots since RE5 so it would be something to get me interested in RER2.

Davey Cakes

Capcom really ditched the Wii U for life. It's a shame, but I guess it couldn't be helped.
I have an X360 and a capable PC but yeah, it's definitely a shame. No 3DS I can understand though since it's no longer the primary platform.

I don't see why a port is so difficult. This isn't some case of an exclusivity deal or anything. The game is literally coming to five other platforms and two consoles with hardware on or below parity with the Wii U. A little bit of fan goodwill would be nice. And, now that that the Wii U is picking up a little momentum, early 2015 would certainly not be a bad time to strike, as opposed to when Revelations: Unveiled released on Wii U previously.

Then again, Capcom would probably be obligated to have some sort of Gamepad functionality and maybe that's the reason a Wii U port isn't in the cards. Once you go beyond the base X360/PS3 versions it is no longer worth the risk I guess.

Sesha

Seems like the setting is some kind of island prison environment. Could be interesting. With solid level design it could be what the prison setting in CVX should have been.

What they need to do:

- Tight, responsive gameplay/combat.
- Semi-open but focused level design. Which ties into...
- Good pacing.
- Good enemy design. Something like DMC1, where the encounters are intense and challenging due to enemies having multiple attacks and a reactive design (dodging and blocking when necessary) would be optimal.
- Avoid gameplay-lengthening gimmicks like scanning and collect-a-thons.

I'm hoping too much though.

Top Bottom