• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Wanderer5

I really would have love it, but I had a feeling the chances would be very slim for a 3DS version when the game was leaked (still through I kind of wonder if maybe there was a possibitily for the new 3DS). Bit sad still, as I really enjoyed resident evil on the go with the 3DS espeically merc and raid mode.

I wanted N3ds, but I guess this might mean they ditch the episodic format and perhaps the action sequences breaking into the rest of the game.
I was getting hyped, although the potential shift back to coop has me worried again.

Wanderer5

i think this is Rachel

Z1dsis9.png

Lol, she seems to got the hairstyle.XD Also looks like there a guy from TerraSave (the organization that Claire is with).

Jingo

Islands, prisons, hospitals, museums, ships, its all good when its all abandoned places, hell, it could be in Chernobyl for all i care :D

what does the date 1917 have to do with anything? found these in the REV2 Site

along with this Text

逃げ場は無数、救いはただ一つ、だが救いの可能性は逃げ場ほど多い。
"フランツ・カフカ(1917)

Edit: I don't know Japanese and I do not trust google translate lol

probably has to do with the original Zanobia and Samaramis (sp?)

I really would have love it, but I had a feeling the chances would be very slim for a 3DS version when the game was leaked (still through I kind of wonder if maybe there was a possibitily for the new 3DS). Bit sad still, as I really enjoyed resident evil on the go with the 3DS espeically merc and raid mode.

I agree - something magical about the full Resident Evil experience, not watered down and as potent as ever, in your pocket. That made RE:R more magical I think, as it was full on RE - spared no expense - working and developed for that little handheld.

I'd love to see it return, maybe one day it'll get a N3DS iteration, until then...

...I'll play this on my PS4/remotely on Vita

Honestly I don't think anyone could think this unless they've never actually looked at the continuity in detail.

They keep things in check but it is not like they are really into building one giant cohesive story. They mostly invent a brand new story and then afterward sort of connect the pieces with a few mentions here and there of past events. The RE games don't really follow each other in plot like they used to. RE0-CV all basically told one giant story. After that each game became a sort of separate entity starring the same cast but it was more episodic like with some tie ins to whatever random loose end capcom had. We still don't know anything about "The Organization" Ada was working for in RE4. You get this giant tease about Weskers family in RE5 only to have RE6 completely ignore it and bring out a random Wesker son that has nothing to do with anything described in RE5.

So if this is Alex then sweet, took them long enough. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if its just another in a long list of crazy scientist/organizations trying to make BOWs.

KDC720

No 3DS is a bit weird, but I would have probably gotten the XB1 version anyway.

I wonder if its still gonna keep the episodic format. It suited handhelds well but theres no reason to really stick with it now.

Sadist

I'll get it on PC, but still, shame about no 3DS version.

I really liked RE on the go. Oh well, can't be helped.

Perhaps maybe Nintendo will announce the 3DS and Wii U version for resident evil revelations 2 during a Nintendo Direct for 3rd party games later this month or something. Or might get confirmed at TGS.

I smirked at seeing the chick with Rachael hair and the "Itchy. Tasty." sign. It's like Capcom knows how ridiculous Rachael as a whole was now.

Nemesis_

They keep things in check but it is not like they are really into building one giant cohesive story. They mostly invent a brand new story and then afterward sort of connect the pieces with a few mentions here and there of past events. The RE games don't really follow each other in plot like they used to. RE0-CV all basically told one giant story. After that each game became a sort of separate entity starring the same cast but it was more episodic like with some tie ins to whatever random loose end capcom had. We still don't know anything about "The Organization" Ada was working for in RE4. You get this giant tease about Weskers family in RE5 only to have RE6 completely ignore it and bring out a random Wesker son that has nothing to do with anything described in RE5.

So if this is Alex then sweet, took them long enough. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if its just another in a long list of crazy scientist/organizations trying to make BOWs.

Yeah, and did we ever find out what S/Seashell/The Agency were? I remember reading murmurings about S/Seashell being TriCell but wouldn't that mean that Ada was kind of working for TriCell?

And then there was H.C.F. in Code Veronica.

And now they've introduced THE FAMILY who somehow financed Carla and her revival of what would eventually become Neo-Umbrella.

The canon is so convoluted and ridiculous now. I agree that it's pretty obvious they don't care as much about it anymore. It's like Silent Hill post 4.

Wanderer5

I agree - something magical about the full Resident Evil experience, not watered down and as potent as ever, in your pocket. That made RE:R more magical I think, as it was full on RE - spared no expense - working and developed for that little handheld.

I'd love to see it return, maybe one day it'll get a N3DS iteration, until then...

...I'll play this on my PS4/remotely on Vita

Indeed. Maybe some limitations were shown, but overall capcom really did a awesome job of working a full RE game around the 3DS and pushing the system to it limits. Revelations is still very impressive looking to this day. And even Merc 3D was pretty great in a portable aspect, through I wish they push further for that one, but well I going to guess capcom didn't care quite as much for it compare to revelations.

Still not convinced. COD had the same treatment. If not, then Ill finally have a reason to buy a PS4.

Are you serious? Just because one game did that are you actually going to question every announcement that has listed platform? I guess all those games are coming to WiiU....they just haven't been announced yet.

Capcom have 0 reason to hide platforms.

Xpliskin

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute.

I think the concept teaser is happening on a ship.
There's a picture of a cruisehip hanging on the wall too.

Claire Terrasave humanitary mission gone wrong I'd say (she needs a way to get to the island, this would solve it)

Are you serious? Just because one game did that are you actually going to question every announcement that has listed platform? I guess all those games are coming to WiiU....they just haven't been announced yet.

Capcom have 0 reason to hide platforms.

I'm still going to wait and see. It doesn't matter to me though cause its not loss off my bank. I'm getting a PS4 down the road so Ill still be able to play it. However, it is a big fuck you to the people who bought the 3DS version and enjoyed it. Meh

Spencer spencer? As in dead CEO spencer?

Jesus I knew he was old but that means the due was almost 100/over 100 at the time of his death!

Then again viruses.

EDIT: Oh ok 1930s, still thats old as fuck.

I wonder if we'll ever know about the wesker children and Alex (who should totally be a female, smarter but crazier version of Albert).

Why?

Nemesis_

It would be a nice twist (since the name is Alex, heck they did it with LOST) and we haven't had a decent female villain in the series for a while.

Excella doesn't really count. As ~fabulous~ as she was.

tumblr_m5qx6b4LHI1qk0e3do1_500.gif

I mean if it were just Wesker's brother it would just be.......another Wesker?

Hmm, perhaps because the first revelations was originally exclusive to 3DS. and later made it to Wii U.
derp

Yeah, that was a few years ago before nintendo lost basically all third-party support. So why would you assume now that a game coming out in 2015 would be available on those platforms?

Wanderer5

Yeah, that was a few years ago before nintendo lost basically all third-party support. So why would you assume now that a game coming out in 2015 would be available on those platforms?

WiiU has issues regarding that, but most definitely not the 3DS. Hell Capcom still is supporting the handheld pretty good despite revelations 2 MIA on it.

(Also Saga rocks!:p)

WiiU has issues regarding that, but most definitely not the 3DS. Hell Capcom still is supporting the handheld pretty good despite revelations 2 MIA on it.

But it's a console game. The first one was designed for the 3DS then ported to consoles to maximize sales. This is a game that is designed for consoles (since it was first rumored it was known that it would at least be on xbox 360), including the PS4 and Xbox one. That game wouldn't have a chance of running on a 3DS. So again, why would you expect a console game to also be released on a portable device?
Just because they did it before? Mario Kart 7 was on the 3DS, Mario Kart 8 was not, and no one expected it to be or cared that it wasn't.

Xpliskin

Yuuuup there will be ship sections in this sequel too:

Ship interior:
It's in black and white but you can make out the iron/metal making up the ship's corridor walls.
L01A1fN.png

Ship interior outbreak:
1Ag5B0H.png

Cruiseship is stationed near the island
TvxH9Un.png

So this game will start out like degeneration, but instead of an airport , a cruiseship ? Sign me up.

EDIT:

From a user on RelyOnHorror:
45a9ae1cc7a428c3b35e61951f755f3b.gif

Subtle Claire silhouette ?

Itshappening.gif

Wanderer5

But it's a console game. The first one was designed for the 3DS then ported to consoles to maximize sales. This is a game that is designed for consoles (since it was first rumored it was known that it would at least be on xbox 360), including the PS4 and Xbox one. That game wouldn't have a chance of running on a 3DS. So again, why would you expect a console game to also be released on a portable device?
Just because they did it before? Mario Kart 7 was on the 3DS, Mario Kart 8 was not, and no one expected it to be or cared that it wasn't.

Doesn't change the fact that third party support is still great on 3DS at least regarding the nintendo side of gaming. I do agree that now it being build as a console game, it bound that they are aiming at things that wouldn't work quite as well on handheld.

Doesn't change the fact that third party support is still great on 3DS at least regarding nintendo. I do agree that now it being build as a console game, it bound that they are aiming at things that wouldn't work quite as well on handheld.
My point was just that I don't get why people were expecting it on either the 3DS or Wii U. Wii U because of the lack of the 3rd party support and 3DS I thought spoke for it self since this is a console game that would not run on that platform. What was the last major console game to get a day and date release on a handheld?

Wanderer5

My point was just that I don't get why people were expecting it on either the 3DS or Wii U. Wii U because of the lack of the 3rd party support and 3DS I thought spoke for it self since this is a console game that would not run on that platform. What was the last major console game to get a day and date release on a handheld?

Okay very well. Before it seemed like you threw in 3DS into the third party support issue mix that WiiU sadly has, thus why I commented on such.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Well considering the 3DS version alone sold about the same as the PS3/PC/Wii U/360 (1.1mil) versions of revelations combined you'd think capcom would know where the audience for this game actually is?

A 3DS version at least should be expected

Seyavesh

Come to think of it, there's potential for an annoying retcon with one of the characters. It'll be interesting to see just how much CAPCOM remembers their own lore.

annoying retcon, eh?

who's got baggage like that who is still alive then:
manuela (t-virus connection so points here?? who the hell could the other female char be at this point besides her or hunnigan)
barry
steve

there's lots of dudes who just kinda up and vanished like carlos but he's really lacking baggage

Wanderer5

It would be a nice twist (since the name is Alex, heck they did it with LOST) and we haven't had a decent female villain in the series for a while.

Well we might have a decent female villain in this anyway with Jessica.:p

Well considering the 3DS version alone sold about the same as the PS3/PC/Wii U/360 (1.1mil) versions of revelations combined you'd think capcom would know where the audience for this game actually is?

A 3DS version at least should be expected

That's because it was a 3DS to console port. The initial rumors about this game were about the xbox 360 version. Prior to that it was fine to think maybe they would make a 3DS sequel, but as soon as the 360 version was known about it I think it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't be on the 3DS, since it was clearly a console game. Anyone who knew about the 360 rumor and still thought this game would be on the 3DS were just fooling themselves.

Riposte

Please god let Parker be the main character. Best protagonist in the series.

I'm not convinced Parker isn't a BOW.

Maybe leaving her out is the whole point, but "Ada" in RE6 was a decent villain in RE6. I can't be the only one who liked how she trolled the fuck out of Chris the entire game.

i think this is Rachel

Z1dsis9.png

You think? Who else would sport a hairstyle like that? :lol

Excella is SO forgettable, she had potential, but got close to none screen time in RE5.
No wonder they killed her. And Jessica is the best female villain ever seen in a RE game.

Perhaps maybe Nintendo will announce the 3DS and Wii U version for resident evil revelations 2 during a Nintendo Direct for 3rd party games later this month or something. Or might get confirmed at TGS.

Still not convinced. COD had the same treatment. If not, then Ill finally have a reason to buy a PS4.

Wii U RE:R sales were atrocious. And it'd be hard to downport a PS3/PS4/X360/X1 game down to 3DS, so yeah.

2scoops

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in the teaser when the camera scrolls past the woman holding the itchy tasty book, you can watch her bracelet go from green to red. Not a big deal, but I thought that was pretty neat.

ArjanN

What's the difference between Revelations and Relevations?

Not to be too grumpy about it, but that whole Capcom spelling error thing kinda stopped being funny a while ago, when everyone starting driving that joke into the ground over and over.

News Bot

Banned

The series was never intended to be one giant singular story that goes in a straight line. It's a mythology, made up of bits and pieces that contribute to a larger whole. This gave them more freedom with settings and the timeline.

"The Organization" is a localization cock-up. Ada's an independent contractor that works for several organizations, companies and governments. She's basically a female Golgo 13. The only organization she is "loyal" to is the one that handles her contracts, which is a Chinese crime syndicate.

There was no tease about Wesker's family in BIO5. That game is actually pretty faithful to his backstory in BIO1, which is curious considering CAPCOM don't have the documents it's found in (as far as I know). They introduced his son in BIO6 because they wanted a character that would appeal to younger audiences yet still have a connection to the series somehow.

Vamphuntr

It's going to be funny if they teased the whole Terra Save thing and Claire is not in the game.

Please god let Parker be the main character. Best protagonist in the series.

He's going to be Sheva'ed. Not sure why you think he was the best. He was an idiot that got played by both
Raymond and Jessica

Xpliskin

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in the teaser when the camera scrolls past the woman holding the itchy tasty book, you can watch her bracelet go from green to red. Not a big deal, but I thought that was pretty neat.

Ohhh yes.

No need to get bitten -> Air contamination -> C-virus -> Neo Umbrella ?

The plot thickens.

News Bot

Banned
Ohhh yes.

No need to get bitten -> Air contamination -> C-virus -> Neo Umbrella ?

The plot thickens.

The t-virus can be spread via the air too. Pretty much all the viruses can.

According to reports, the Clay Virus began to leak in an accident and seemed to initially be an airborne strain, but later became a transdermal strain. This was discovered from documentation indicating that hazmat suits were required for the Clay Virus ε-strain during the early days of the incident, that two organisms preyed on infected individuals and became infected during the middle part of the incident, and that S.T.A.R.S. personnel were not infected even when injured by Zombies and other infected individuals during the later part of the incident. The Clay Virus ε-strain virus presumably has a property to evolve with the progress of time and the external environment, and over time, gradually stabilizes from the airborne ε-strain virus, infecting and multiplying within host organisms and becoming a transdermal ε-strain variant. It can be said that the Clay Virus is a type that gradually grows less infectious over time.

Top Bottom