• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think Claire is basically a shoe-in for all the clues in and out of the teaser. Barry is less set but I buy it.

Who's a female RE character who has been mentioned but not seen?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Not a big fan of Berry, can Capcom please kill him in Revelations 2? :p

You shut your dirty mouth right now.

So the original rumor was three protagonists, two female, one male, all previously appearing, one who has never been playable, two who haven't been seen for a long time, right?

It's 100% Claire, Racheal and Barry.

Edit: If Raid Mode doesn't count.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

So the original rumor was three protagonists, two female, one male, all previously appearing, one who has never been playable, two who haven't been seen for a long time, right?

It was three characters who hadn't been in a story role in a game in over 10 years years, two female and one make, two are returning from previous games, one was mentioned in a previous game but not seen.

Rachel could be in maybe, but I doubt she is one of the three, she's been on a game i the past 10 years and was seen.

Wanderer5

Well technically Rachael was playable in the console version of revelations.:p Also this is a sequel, so she be dead at this point, unless there a flashback thing.

Xpliskin

Some more free time, let's find out more.

The Rachael part doesn't make sense, I think she's just been added there to make things fuzzy.

-Revelations 1 & Degenerations both take place in 2005
-Everyone knows what happens to Rachel
-Claire would have had a recollection of another zombie outbreak before the airport one
-Doesn't make sense to have revelations 2 take place before the events of the first one

Then there's this:
euK52Dx.png

A herb and an umbrella (lol). There's a typewriter too on the table.

The little girl is pointing at the 3rd character who's shooting the zombie, but entirely ignores barry and rebecca/claire when passing by them.

Rachael is out.

Now I don't know which character a little girl with a teddybear might be related to in RE.
Might be claire, but she's way back in the background.

Aokage

Ohhh. I forgot the "mentioned but not seen." Who could that possibly be, and why is Rachael clearly in the teaser?? Nobody else would dare rock that 'do.

Jawmuncher

The website specifically states

"A Capcom Survival Horror Experience"

Were they ever that blunt with that tag when making Revelations?

Curufinwe

Do we know if the stupid fat guy and the woman with ridiculous hair will be back? Them and the dodgy aiming in the 360 demo put me off getting the first game.

Aokage

Do we know if the stupid fat guy and the woman with ridiculous hair will be back? Them and the dodgy aiming in the 360 demo put me off getting the first game.

Except the "stupid fat guy" was the best new RE character in ages and Rachael freakin' owned you with her hair.

Wanderer5

True horror elements and no co op. Make it so Capcom.

Noooooo there should be co-op via raid mode at least. Be pretty disappointing if that mode doesn't return in this (unless they replace it with something similar or merc mode). Would be nice if they take a lot of the more old style roots that were on the ship gameplay even further through.

Nemesis_

I'm not convinced Parker isn't a BOW.

Maybe leaving her out is the whole point, but "Ada" in RE6 was a decent villain in RE6. I can't be the only one who liked how she trolled the fuck out of Chris the entire game.

Man how did I even forget Carla / Ada. Definitely one of my favourite moments in the series. Ada has always been one of my favourite characters throughout the whole series.

Am I the only one that sees this?

Excella backwards is allecxe (drop one l and use a silent e) makes alex. Farfetched but just a thought.

Let's try to guess who the character who has been mentioned but never seen could be? I must think back to the files...

Thinking about it a Revelations style game would be a good game to bring Nicolai back. I also want Hunk to make another appearance and not just in a mini game. I crave to play as Claire again though. Favorite RE character. It would be nice to see Becky again as well, it would be nice to see what she is up too. While Barry is a cool throwback I don't really know what they could do with him. He is really old in this point in time and he's supposed to be the family man and not a bio terrorist hunter of any sort.

Anyway back to thinking about the never seen character...
Having Newsbot say that "I wonder if Capcom will remember it's lore and not make a retcon" makes me think the character hasn't been mentioned in a long time.

Seyavesh

Let's try to guess who the character who has been mentioned but never seen could be? I must think back to the files...

Thinking about it a Revelations style game would be a good game to bring Nicolai back. I also want Hunk to make another appearance and not just in a mini game. I crave to play as Claire again though. Favorite RE character. It would be nice to see Becky again as well, it would be nice to see what she is up too. While Barry is a cool throwback I don't really know what they could do with him. He is really old in this point in time and he's supposed to be the family man and not a bio terrorist hunter of any sort.

Anyway back to thinking about the never seen character...
Having Newsbot say that "I wonder if Capcom will remember it's lore and not make a retcon" makes me think the character hasn't been mentioned in a long time.

i think newsbot was talkin' about barry considering he's in canada with his family hiding away from umbrella and stuff

but idk

this last character seriously better not be hunnigan

News Bot

Banned

Well technically they have been seen, just not in any actual in-game form like most other characters.

Barry's an interesting one because he is (or was) a member of the same U.S. government secret military agency as Leon, which Bruce McGivern was also a member of and Jill was also at one stage going to be forced into joining-- the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Weskers-Report-I
http://projectumbrella.net/articles/BIOHAZARD-CODEVeronica-Kaitai-Shinsho

Afterwards, Claire went to Europe alone to look for her brother Chris, and Leon joined an underground anti-Umbrella organization along with Barry.

Q6: What was Leon doing when Claire sent the e-mail?
A6: Leon joined an underground anti-Umbrella organization. Since he was carrying out a certain duty while this tale was advancing, he wasn't able to come and rescue Claire (this scenario has been completed, but cannot be announced). For the moment, three people, Jill, Barry and Leon have joined underground organizations. However it's unknown whether Barry and Leon's organization is the same as Jill's organization.

That updated version of Wesker's Report I is likely to be the one used as the base for the remastered video version that will be released with the biohazard HD Remaster. With any luck, anyway.

All three were playable in Mercs 3D which was fairly recent. Claire was also more recently playable in Operation Raccoon City.

So, Revelations 1. 3DS or PC?

It is more impressive, digestable (the episodic nature gives the handheld roots away) and I think you´ll glance over the flaws and simplistic combat and encounter design more easily on the 3DS.

But if you can´t stand playing on a handheld, the console/ PC version is quite pretty.

So you basically can´t go wrong.

Jawmuncher

All three were playable in Mercs 3D which was fairly recent. Claire was also more recently playable in Operation Raccoon City.

That's the thing we never got clarification if it meant non canon games. Hell Claire's appearance in degeneration can be seen as recent too.

Still those 3 sound likely to me. I can't see the RE5 Gold and Mercs3D as Coincidence.

Xpliskin

That's the thing we never got clarification if it meant non canon games. Hell Claire's appearance in degeneration can be seen as recent too.

Still those 3 sound likely to me. I can't see the RE5 Gold and Mercs3D as Coincidence.

It's either going to be rebecca or rachael, based on the teaser. Barry is a given.

Lemme try to post that image ..
resident_evil_characters_by_alexiadeath10-d5066d5.jpg

There you go

On phone, hope it worked.

Nemesis_

Is there a document or something somewhere that talks about the original plan for Resident Evil 5? I see some people talking about it on the previous page.

All I remember was that Excella was originally a secretary for TriCell and eventually met her demise against one of the game's tyrants, lol.

Jawmuncher

Top Bottom