• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Revelations 2 will take place on a lonely island located somewhere in the distant sea. We’d like to make it into something we can call ‘Resident Evil Island’

Kawata says that it’s not completely a prison island, and there will also be other facilities as well.

Nice.

Can't wait to see some footage and finally confirm who the main characters will be.

First one sold better on 3DS than anywhere else, but they know most of their market is on consoles, so this makes more sense.
I don't even bother anymore. Revelations 3DS sold well according to Capcom themselves.

I agree that it should have sold more here in the west because it's a fantastic game. At least word of mouth is good so people are still buying it. :)

Anyway, I doubt the 3DS would be able to run this game.

Jawmuncher

Nah it was supposed to be an unannounced game, so it won't be Revelations 2. I am guessing Dragons Dogma 2 or a new Resident Evil game.

32 pages aren't for 1 game.
32 pages in total relating to capcom with the new game being a part of it.
Was clarified in that thread.

gconsole

I don't even bother anymore. Revelations 3DS sold well according to Capcom themselves.

I agree that it should have sold more here in the west because it's a fantastic game. At least word of mouth is good so people are still buying it. :)

Anyway, I doubt the 3DS would be able to run this game.

No company will say their game sell like shit in PR stayement. RE , their best selling franchise sold like 1M+ worldwide. That cannot be considered good no matter how you look at it.

Xianghua

Banned
Why not RE7 instead? Must we go through this game before we can get our hands on the better game?

That's the theme of this gen. :(

Neff

Why not RE7 instead? Must we go through this game before we can get our hands on the better game?

RE7 is going to be phenomenally expensive, and require a ton of manpower and time. Capcom want to optimise Panta Rhei, and maybe make a game or two with it first so they can fine-tune it for RE. They'll want to sell RE7 to broad install bases. RE is their flagship franchise, and they'll want their game which most takes advantage of the new consoles to be spectacular. Even without Revelations 2 (which will probably be modestly budgeted anyway), RE7 is going to take its sweet time coming.

-MD-

Whoa, someone actually wants RE7?

Edit: For people that take everything super duper serious 24/7, I'm just joking if it wasn't already obvious enough.

-MD-

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

image.php

Run for cover, fellas.

BTHR Zero X

Now now people, lets play nice. and try to decode more from the video..... Like why is there two clocks set to different times? why does the girl have itcy tasty on her papers? why the zonobia picture? who is the little girl? who are the people in the background of the corridor at the end?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Apparently everything in the video is to be deciphered. I don't know about the clocks but Rachel appearance is probably an inclination of "Revelations". The TerraSave signs could be for Claire's role as a main. The herb could signal the return of herbs (hopefully blue and red ones too)?

That's all I got but others all over Tumblr have noticed many more symbols. It's pretty fun to muse over haha

I'd be down for a more old school RE with Barry and Rebecca, and Claire in another zombie adventure with proper zombies instead of lame fast ones, and perhaps all the old school BOW(Tyrants, Lickers, hell give me another Nemesis) style enemies.

Less action and more survival horror, in an Island prison setting would be great especially if it's a bit more open ended like the older games.

-MD-

I'd be down for a more old school RE with Barry and Rebecca, and Claire in another zombie adventure with proper zombies instead of lame fast ones, and perhaps all the old school BOW(Tyrants, Lickers, hell give me another Nemesis) style enemies.

Less action and more survival horror, in an Island prison setting would be great especially if it's a bit more open ended like the older games.

I too would be interested in this.

There's nothing lame about Crimson Heads. They were a fantastic addition to REmake, would love to see them in RER2.

It feels like a life time ago when we faced Hunters and Lickers, Good days.

As for Nemesis, well as long as it isn't another Ustanak, which was a major let down despite feeling like Nemesis successor, or maybe because the game wasn't that appealing to me.

-MD-

There's nothing lame about Crimson Heads. They were a fantastic addition to REmake, would love to see them in RER2.

I think he's talking about the fast moving fodder zombies from RE6.

Crimson head zombies were amazing, very unique enemy and also very dangerous.

-Cwalat-

Could this be the first Resident Evil game to really bring back survival horror in a successful way?

(..., this was my question after RE6 announcement, we all know how that turned out)

I wonder what the graphics will look like. Will it look like Revelations HD or Resident Evil 6 ? Are they treating this as a AAA game ?

I think he's talking about the fast moving fodder zombies from RE6.

Crimson head zombies were amazing, very unique enemy and also very dangerous.

Oh, my bad. I'd forgotten all about those zombies from RE6 and thought the poster was referring to the C.H.

And yeah, they were crazy dangerous. Can't wait to experience their terrifying awesomeness them again when REmake Remastered is released.

Albert12851

Neo Member
I wonder what the graphics will look like. Will it look like Revelations HD or Resident Evil 6 ? Are they treating this as a AAA game ?

I really hope it looks better than RE6. RE6 graphics sucked compared to RE5. As for that last question, I really hope they're treating this as a AAA game, at least from the way I feel it is that way.

Sectus

One thing I'm really curious is just how the game in general plays and animates. Revelations 1 pretty much felt like "RE5-lite" as it was obviously based on RE5's gameplay and many animations were taken straight from it. I wonder if they'll be more original, build upon what they had in Revelations 1, or take stuff from RE6 this time around.

I really hope it looks better than RE6. RE6 graphics sucked compared to RE5. As for that last question, I really hope they're treating this as a AAA game, at least from the way I feel it is that way.

tumblr_nb0r4oFrQd1tiz823o6_1280.png

tumblr_nb0r4oFrQd1tiz823o2_1280.png

As long as you're not exposed to some of the really low res environmental textures, RE6 looks great. With this being cross gen, they could go for a RE6 look but give next gen consoles (and PC) high res textures, and I think that would work out good.

Fehyd

Banned
One thing I'm really curious is just how the game in general plays and animates. Revelations 1 pretty much felt like "RE5-lite" as it was obviously based on RE5's gameplay and many animations were taken straight from it. I wonder if they'll be more original, build upon what they had in Revelations 1, or take stuff from RE6 this time around.

As long as you're not exposed to some of the really low res environmental textures, RE6 looks great. With this being cross gen, they could go for a RE6 look but give next gen consoles (and PC) high res textures, and I think that would work out good.

I kinda felt like the low-res textures were basically the engine starting to show its age on the hardware. The game definitely looks much better on PC.

Seyavesh

that interview is so full of fluff, maaan
i guess they're really thinking they're gonna blow dudes away at TGS with what the game is like

re: RE6 graphical quality

re6 looks pretty good in motion and generally looks very good except the absurdly low res textures that were no doubt made with the limitations of the 360/ps3 in mind- the game already chugs pretty hard on those consoles. RE5's characters actually have significantly higher resolution textures and look way, way better in RE6 which is pretty messed up. even more messed up is that the RE6 textures actually very clearly have higher-res versions of them that the low-rez textures were scaled from but they're not available to the PC version because capcom.

'cuz of that this actually makes me scared for re:rev2 in terms of being something that looks really good

obligatory re6 defense force screenshots
3i9DHPO.jpg

gDIldhe.jpg

Sectus

I kinda felt like the low-res textures were basically the engine starting to show its age on the hardware. The game definitely looks much better on PC.

I think it was less the engine aging, and more Capcom trying to push things to the limit. They went with much bigger levels, more enemies on screen, and better lighting, but it came at the cost of worse AA, framerate,and textures. But yeah, PC version definitely looks and plays much better than the 360/PS3 versions of RE6.

It reminds me of how last gen went in general. The further you get into the generation, the more compromises you saw. Developers definitely learned to do things better, but you started to see more games go for a resolution lower than 720p, go for post-processing AA rather than MSAA, be more willing to accept worse framerate, and other drawbacks.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The announcement of this game is actually very strange. It shows capcom is aware the mainline RE series has been tarnished in some way. The first revelations was a 3ds spinoff title that was probably never intended to go consoles, and now this is console only with PC. Very interesting to say the least. I imagine all the people saying how the first Rev. was much more survival horror helped push this along.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The announcement of this game is actually very strange. It shows capcom is aware the mainline RE series has been tarnished in some way. The first revelations was a 3ds spinoff title that was probably never intended to go consoles, and now this is console only with PC. Very interesting to say the least. I imagine all the people saying how the first Rev. was much more survival horror helped push this along.

After building up good will with REmake and hopefully Revelations 2, they may analyze reception and modify a hypothetical new mainline entry accordingly.

Piers

speculation: the green/red wristband thing is going to be something along the lines of dead space type health indicator

maybe no hud/minimal hud? hmm

Good point. I thought it's a hot~cold indicator on how close to monsters you are, Silent Hill style.

Fehyd

Banned
After building up good will with REmake and hopefully Revelations 2, they may analyze reception and modify a hypothetical new mainline entry accordingly.

I actually like the mainline "shootbang" action style.

I honestly don't understand why there isn't room for both the classic slower survival horror and the newer "action horror" RE6 had glimpses of sheer brilliance with its combat system. I'd hate for progress to get binned like that.

Jawmuncher

RE6's graphics definitely didn't hit me until I played the PC version.
If you only played the console version I can see how you would think the game looks bad.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I actually like the mainline "shootbang" action style.

I honestly don't understand why there isn't room for both the classic slower survival horror and the newer "action horror" RE6 had glimpses of sheer brilliance with its combat system. I'd hate for progress to get binned like that.

The mercenaries modes in RE4, 5, and 6 were fantastic because of the action mechanics. Of course they should stay. But an RE game should still facilitate a sense of dread and vulnerability. Something RE5 and 6 quite didn't do, at least not most of the game.

Fehyd

Banned
The mercenaries modes in RE4, 5, and 6 were fantastic because of the action mechanics. Of course they should stay. But an RE game should still facilitate a sense of dread and vulnerability. Something RE5 and 6 quite didn't do, at least not most of the game.

I didn't really mind that aspect though. I mean, it was actually kind of fun to be a bit more properly "armed" ala Chris's scenario in RE6, as opposed to the "lets send a single person into a hot zone with a pistol" aspect of RE4.

Top Bottom