• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Switch) will require microSDXC, 26GB.

ggx2ac

The official Resident Evil Revelations site has went up in Capcom Japan and it reveals the sizes of the Resident Evil Revelations games.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev-switch/us/index.html

Edit: Adding this since some people don't know what you get from the retail version:

Note: The retail product includes a game card of Resident Evil Revelations and a download code for Resident Evil Revelations 2. Both products are individually available as digital downloads.

This probably explains why only one of them is getting a physical release:

Release Date: November 28, 2017
■Required Storage Space:
Resident Evil Revelations (digital) requires 13GB of HD space
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (digital) requires 26GB of HD space
■Genre: Survival horror
■Player(s): 1 (1-2 via online play)
■Platform: Nintendo Switch™
■Ratings: ESRB M

The official site seems to imply all DLC is included in the game for Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Comes loaded with the main game, extra episodes and add-on content!

Seems to be the same case for the first game too:

All available DLC included!

Note: Switch's free space for internal memory is 25.9GB, that's why you'd need a microSDXC card.

you know, I would honestly prefer a slight quality drop in textures and stuff so the game would be smaller instead of having to own an sd card, which I do, but only a 32GB.

Or like, the game on it's own cart.

If only rev1 was digital and rev2 was on a cart, but they don't want to pay for anything bigger then 16GB it seems.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Expected.
I have a big micro sd so im fine and dont have anything against teh way this is being handled. But we def. need a way to save and backup our save games....via SD card or cloud saves.

I need to be able to delete a digital game and redownload it months/years later without loosing my save files.

Man, those 32GB cards must still be too expensive for general use.

Doubt it - just publishers are trying so up every penny they can on them. Lets assume Capcom ships 250k copies of this collection.
If they save even a dollar from going to a smaller size card they are already benefiting quite a bit.

So you probably need to get used to it for collection of bigger games. Lets just hope that it get better next year.

wrowa

Would have been nice if they put the bigger game on the card at least. Capcom obviously isn't willing to pay more for a 32GB card when they can get away with a 16GB card, though.

nubbe

you know, I would honestly prefer a slight quality drop in textures and stuff so the game would be smaller instead of having to own an sd card, which I do, but only a 32GB.

Get another 32GB sdcard and it will have it's own cart

You really need to do yourself a favor and get a 128 GB one, they go for $40- $45 and you get them cheaper on black friday.

I think this huge filesize is even more a reason why a physical release should happen. It's not like on PS4/XO, where the complete game will install on the Switch itself, so the internal storage limit shouldn't be a problem.

Would love to buy the collection with physical copies of both, but not like this. Even the Vita release of Revelations 2 got a physical release. Only in Asia, though. But still.

I picked up a really good 200GB Micro SD card a few months ago for about $60 on Amazon. Had some gift cards left over so it actually cost me nothing! I've gone all digital besides Zelda and 1, 2, Switch and have 19 games, but I still have something like 185GB of storage left.

So a 200GB card should last a while, I recommend it as probably the best size/price value.

Man, those 32GB cards must still be too expensive for general use.

Nintendo really should begin offering some incentive for devs to pay a bit more to use them. And 64GB cards whenever those come out.

I need to be able to delete a digital game and redownload it months/years later without loosing my save files.

I'm pretty sure archiving or deleting your digital games does not delete the save data. I've done that with a few games so far but the save data is still on the console.

Piers

More concerning is just how many games onwards will eat up chunks of MicroSD space and that's before continuous content updates.
"Join me on Xenoverse 2 man"
"Sorry I dropped the MicroSD that has the data on it through a crack in the floor board"

And they charge $90 for it.
Holy shit I didn't know that lol.

Well that was two games I guess.

I wonder if a company puts their full brand new game on a 32GB card if they would charge $70? Maybe it's a good idea some of these big third party devs are waiting like Call of Duty. Maybe it will be a little cheaper next year.

oti

Banned
Glad I just bought a 128GB card for my Switch.
Me too, but just 6 months in this situation is already a huge mess. So what, does this mean many third-party games will be digital only? Maybe with an empty packaging at retail? That's absurd.

cw_sasuke

Yes and that game costs around $90 at retail in Japan.
And they charge $90 for it.

Because they featured 2 games that were still rather expensive on other systems. Premium pice for a console DQ - even if in this case its a spinoff - doesnt have much to do with media the game its on, it would have been quite expensive regardless.

You really need to do yourself a favor and get a 128 GB one, they go for $40- $45 and you get them cheaper on black friday.

Sure but not until there's more then one big game that I want, right now the internal is doing a great job with all my games that are digital.

KingBroly

Banned
Wait, this is not possible on Switch?????

You can. You archive the software.

Rev 1 being on the cart instead of Rev 2 means it's a 16gb cart instead of 32 for 23gb. I have to wonder what kind of price jump there is from a 16gb cart to 32gb.

Me too, but just 6 months in this situation is already a huge mess. So what, does this mean many third-party games will be digital only? Maybe with an empty packaging at retail? That's absurd.

What do you want the next COD to do? Aren't those games over 32GB and if they were under would you think they'd eat the cost or charge $70 for their games?

ggx2ac

I'm pretty sure archiving or deleting your digital games does not delete the save data. I've done that with a few games so far but the save data is still on the console.

Yeah, it doesn't because it separates game save files and game downloads into different categories so you can't delete your save file unless you go to the save data category.

JaffeLion

Banned
I still dont get why the switch only comes with 21gb... my freaking phone has 256GB.. I mean come on. at least 64gb

Hoo-doo

Banned
Glad I just bought a 128GB card for my Switch.

Hell yeah, you can fit like 5 large games on there.

Last year in the NX threads there was all this talk about 512GB and 1TB microSD carts coming out and the prices dropping massively. Has this actually happened?

Bluth54

Doubt it - just publishers are trying so up every penny they can on them. Lets assume Capcom ships 250k copies of this collection.
If they save even a dollar from going to a smaller size card they are already benefiting quite a bit.

So you probably need to get used to it for collection of bigger games. Lets just hope that it get better next year.

We've seen multiple physical Switch games ship for $10 more than their physical counter part usually with a cheap bonus like keychains or a soundtrack download code to help make up for the price difference. None of those games have had to ship on 32 GB cards and yet their publishers are charging more for the Switch versions.

Multiple publishers seem to be avoiding the 32 GB card, requiring a download instead.

I think it's pretty clear that even the smaller cards are a decent amount more expensive than Blu Ray disks.

I really hope some publisher leaks the game card prices some day so we have some idea.

KingBroly

Banned
I still dont get why the switch only comes with 21gb... my freaking phone has 256GB.. I mean come on. at least 64gb

I doubt they thought they'd get as much third party support as they're getting right now. I'd like to think they're scrambling to get 64gb of memory in there at minimum.

You're happy that you had to pay even more money after spending $299 just to play a game?

This logic is absolutely absurd. Never should one have to buy additional storage when buying a physical game.

I didn't buy it for this game specifically lol

I buy lots of digital software on all platforms. I own external hard drives for my PS4 and XB1... this is not a big deal for me.

Oregano

Last year in the NX threads there was all this talk about 512GB and 1TB microSD carts coming out and the prices dropping massively. Has this actually happened?

400GB is becoming available soon, I believe.

Hasney

No. A 400gb came out around a week ago priced at a cool £230.

FyreWulff

I'm starting to wonder if there's actually a current technical limitation where the Switch itself can't support game cards bigger than it's internal storage For Reasons and publishers will have to wait for Nintendo to add larger game card support.

Majmun

Nopes

cw_sasuke

We've seen multiple physical Switch games ship for $10 more than their physical counter part usually with a cheap bonus like keychains or a soundtrack download code to help make up for the price difference. None of those games have had to ship on 32 GB cards and yet their publishers are charging more for the Switch versions.

Multiple publishers seem to be avoiding the 32 GB card, requiring a download instead.

I think it's pretty clear that even the smaller cards are a decent amount more expensive than Blu Ray disks.

I really hope some publisher leaks the game card prices some day so we have some idea.

Sure, thats a given.
But i still think that its just profit optimizations by publishers...on PS4/XBO they dont have to chose because all discs offer the same size/price. On Switch/3DS/Vita the media prices are flexible and depending on the product and expected sales they will chose what is needed.

I prefer Capcoms way of doing things so they can keep the same price point compared to others versions instead of making Switch versions just more expensive.

Top Bottom