• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Switch) will require microSDXC, 26GB.

TheMoon

Remember when Capcom tried charging $50 for Revelaitons 3DS (went back down to $40 after backlash) because they had to use the bigger card back then, too? Good times. Nice we've come full circle.

True Fire

Dumb question, but is it easy to use multiple cards at once? I know on PS4 you have to format your drive and shit, and you risk locking yourself out of your own account if you don't deactivate Primary first.

TheMoon

Dumb question, but is it easy to use multiple cards at once? I know on PS4 you have to format your drive and shit, and you risk locking yourself out of your own account if you don't deactivate Primary first.

You're not touching the built-in memory like when you swap out the internal PS4 drive. I don't see how anything like this could apply here.

True Fire

You're not touching the built-in memory like when you swap out the internal PS4 drive. I don't see how anything like this could apply here.

Yeah, that's true!

I'm thinking of just having 128GB cards, sorted by year, so I can easily go back to my "2017" card if I want to play a game from 2017.

starmud

at this rate why not just print each game on their own cart... if im buying physical im expecting to pay for the game on a piece of physical media. this isn't like a game asking you to download additional files or a large patch day 0; i bought a large enough SD card expecting that.

asking me to buy a physical game and one of the games in the package is completely digital only is a crock. i'd rather just buy the whole damn thing digital at that point.

Well, I can't look this up now because my work's firewall blocks PlayAsia but when I looked up this game on PlayAsia last night there appeared to be a store page for a physical copy of just Rev1 on the Switch. So on PlayAsia there was a store page for the Biohazard Revelations Collection which is equivalent to what we're getting in the West (the cover art is just the Rev2 art) selling for about $45 but there's also a store page that appears to just be for Rev1 on the Switch that's selling for about $25 (I'm assuming that the Rev1 store page is for a physical copy because there isn't a separate store page for just Rev2 on the Switch).

TheMoon

Well, I can't look this up now because my work's firewall blocks PlayAsia but when I looked up this game on PlayAsia last night there appeared to be a store page for a physical copy of just Rev1 on the Switch. So on PlayAsia there was a store page for the Biohazard Revelations Collection which is equivalent to what we're getting in the West (the cover art is just the Rev2 art) selling for about $45 but there's also a store page that appears to just be for Rev1 on the Switch that's selling for about $25 (I'm assuming that the Rev1 store page is for a physical copy because there isn't a separate store page for just Rev2 on the Switch).

yes, old news. also, the cover art is a blend of the original Rev1 art and the Rev2 art and it's brilliant.

81QMG-Whh%2BL.jpg
81Gn83AUA%2BL.jpg

Ōkami;248149787 said:
To dispel whatever rumors, how the Revelations games are being sold on Switch in Japan.

The first game is being sold as stand alone retail and digital at 2990 and 2769 yen respectively, Revelations 2 is sold digital only at 2769, 2 is not getting a stand alone release in Japan.

There will be a 2 in 1 pack, it contains a card with the first game and a voucher for a digital copy of the second one, priced at 4990 yen.

So no, there is no retail copy of Revelations 2 for Switch releasing anywhere.

26Gb??! Woof... Games like this make BoTW's file size look like black magic. Looks like this will be the first game that I play and immediately delete when I'm done.

Jubenhimer

I still dont get why the switch only comes with 21gb

Costs. While I believe they could've done 64GB, anything higher than that would likely jack up the price. NAND Flash isn't particularly cheap in higher quantities, and with the Switch already using the most powerful mobile hardware available at the moment, you could imagine how much more expensive the Switch would be if it went with anything higher than 64. Another reason I believe is simply due to a difference in philosophy. Sony and Microsoft go in with the assumption that their primary target audience (hardcore 18-49 year old male gamers) will be buying as many games as they can, so they prepare for that by packing in as big of a Hard-drive as they can. Nintendo meanwhile primarily targets casual gamers, who comparatively buy fewer games. So they prefer to start the consumer off small, then give more hardcore gamers a standardized convenient option to upgrade if they want to. I think what the Switch really needs, is a way to back up save data to microSD in a future update, which hopefully will be soon.

STI

How difficult is it to use 2 separate cartridges? Full physical or you aren't getting my money.

Why do you think ordering and shipping an extra (32 GB) cartridge only costs Capcom $3?

I pulled the number out of thin air. But it seems unlikely that these cards cost more than 5% of a full game's retail value, or basically no one would be making Switch games.

cand

Would be nice to have these options:
*Digital (10 bucks cheaper)
*Rev collection with rev 2 code ($40)
*Rev collection limited edition (2 cards + poster + soundtrack $60)

I would buy the limited edition =(

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I still dont get why the switch only comes with 21gb... my freaking phone has 256GB.. I mean come on. at least 64gb

You could flip that around and say, "My Switch can play games like Zelda BOTW, why did I pay $800 to make freaking phone calls?"

Would be nice to have these options:
*Digital (10 bucks cheaper)
*Rev collection with rev 2 code ($40)
*Rev collection limited edition (2 cards + poster + soundtrack $60)

I would buy the limited edition =(

This right here is the perfect solution but Capcom gotta Capcom.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
God man, you guys should be embarrassed to keep trotting out the "derr incompetent developers don't know how to compress games" narrative.

You don't know what you're talking about, just stop it.

Erixsan

Neo Member
26Gb??! Woof... Games like this make BoTW's file size look like black magic. Looks like this will be the first game that I play and immediately delete when I'm done.

It is true that Nintendo can do miracles sometimes around game compression, but I suppose the art style used by Breath of the Wild require fewer resources/memory than Revelations 2.

I haven't played Revelations 2 yet, but I remember the original had a lot of pre-rendered cutscenes (plus voice acting in like 7 languages). If the same happens with the sequel, I guess half the size can be because of this.

So we have a digital exclusive for a console with serious storage problems that will likely quickly use up a 200 GB card even if you buy physical games whenever they're available. Great.

kswiston

So we have a digital exclusive for a console with serious storage problems that will likely quickly use up a 200 GB card even if you buy physical games whenever they're available. Great.

At least with SD cards, you can swap them out. Something that I have grown used to with Sony's handhelds.

Minsc

Gold Member
The fact that the Switch's internal storage isn't big enough to hold one big game is kinda absurd.

I'd agree if it was relevant to anything at all. But since you can add external SD memory, it's not. Is it also absurd the new 2DS is sold without the capacity to hold one big game? Or the Vita? Or the GPD Win? Pretty sure most portable gaming devices on the market typically ship with this limitation, outside laptops.

Nairume

Banned
I'd agree if it was relevant to anything at all. But since you can add external SD memory, it's not. Is it also absurd the new 2DS is sold without the capacity to hold one big game? Or the Vita? Or the GPD Win? Pretty sure most portable gaming devices on the market typically ship with this limitation, outside laptops.
It's also not like the main consoles are really that much better off even with having larger internal storage. Having Halo 5 and MCC installed alone eats up about half of my Xbone's internal storage.

Top Bottom