• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations Remastered (PS4/X1) - August 31 - $20

I somehow liked it better than 2 but that is the fault of the GAFFER who said that Claire Redfield looked like Tobey McGuire. Once seen, it could not be unseen...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The scanning is what killed this game for me. I mean the story and characters are atrocious too, but scanning really dogs this game.

I thought for sure Capcom had announced Code Veronica X HD for PS4/XB1/PC. Where's that at? I'll gladly take the MT Framework port of CVX over Revelations again.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I thought for sure Capcom had announced Code Veronica X HD for PS4/XB1/PC. Where's that at? I'll gladly take the MT Framework port of CVX over Revelations again.

CVX came out for PS4 as a remastered PS2 release, not MT Framework. Who knows what they'll do down the line.

Neff

RE6, RE ORC, and RE UC say hi.

I am a survival horror RE fan but seriously what are you talking about?

RE6 was fun as hell and had a really good combat system, just because it's an action game doesn't mean it's bad.
You might as well put RE4 there as well, since it's a game where you shoot enemies in the face and then spin kick them off a cliff.

Compare ORC & UC to RE6 is just ridiculous.

You really think RE4 and Revelations 1 & 2 are any more ''horror'' than RE6? Don't be delutional.

RE6 might be too action packed for a RE game, but it is by no means a bad game. Far from it.

CVX came out for PS4 as a remastered PS2 release, not MT Framework. Who knows what they'll do down the line.

Perhaps they realized they could leverage the emulation options on PS4 and XB1 instead of doing a new release, and cancelled the PC port in the process.

LUXURY

No

It's because PS4 and XB1 already have mostly every single relevant RE, so why wouldn't Capcom just go ahead fill out the rest of the catalog.
People feel satisfied seeing all the games on their dashboards, Capcom gets to make a little money and potentially gets the game to people who maybe missed it before or don't have their PS3/360s hooked up anymore

Then why hasn't Code Veronica HD shown up? I'm not talking about the backwards compatible slap job we got for PlayStation. Code Veronica hasn't even been on PC yet. I'd rather have that than this game.

thelastword

Banned
Did they confirm this is supposed to run at 60fps?
Hey, how could it not. All RE's should run at 60fps on these consoles, if they do not, they're bad ports, like the RE-Remake and RE-0 ports with missing effects and 30fps on consoles.

Anyway, can't wait for revelations remaster with updated textures and animations. It's the best looking Jill in any RE game...some of the best drawn characters from what is a DS port tbh...Rachel Ooze and Lady Hunk...can't wait..

Just given that 1 & 2 were last gen (and 1 a 3DS game), these games don't have huge environments, and the classic RE4 controls, I'd really like to see Capcom bring the Revelations series to Switch. I'm sure Revelations sold horrible on Wii U (most Wii U owners had a 3DS afterall), but I really love handheld RE!

kc44135

Cool, I'll buy it. I mean, it's kind of a terrible game when removed from the context of the system it was designed for, but whatever. It's RE and I'm a sucker. :p

I love it but I understand the criticism. IMHO (I played on normal, always do):

1. The dodge input is pure garbage.
2. The first 1/3 of this game is what everyone hails for being a "return to roots"
3. The final 2/3 is where you get enough ammo and it transforms into RE5 levels of shootbang
4. The game plays in episodes and you switch protagonists sometimes. There's a comic relief pair, I think they were hackers or something, but those episodes are freaking terrible
5. The one character, Rachel, is basically a walking pair of boobs

Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's plenty more

6. Enemy designs are the worst in the series.
7. The final boss is a chore and not fun to fight.

rtcn63

The scanning is what killed this game for me. I mean the story and characters are atrocious too, but scanning really dogs this game.

The pointing in REV2 is trying as well.

But I liked the campaigns of both more than RE6.

Also Conan O'Brien.

thelastword

Banned
8. Bulletsponge enemies.
You do realize headshots are recommended on these enemies right?.... I get that people want to rain on the parade on revelations, but at this point I've seen many comments who are just focused on why they are not interested and don't want to play...I don't know how one would enjoy any other traditional RE and hate this game...It's an RE game true and true, scanning is not that difficult or a bother, even though that part was designed with the DS in mind. Regardless, having played this on PC, I see no reason why people would want to perpetuate hate on this game. There's nothing functionally wrong with the game, it plays well and has some awesome characters and designs....Ehh.... voice acting is typical vintage RE, but Eh.....

Jawmuncher

You do realize headshots are recommended on these enemies right?.... I get that people want to rain on the parade on revelations, but at this point I've seen many comments who are just focused on why they are not interested and don't want to play...I don't know how one would enjoy any other traditional RE and hate this game...It's an RE game true and true, scanning is not that difficult or a bother, even though that part was designed with the DS in mind. Regardless, having played this on PC, I see no reason why people would want to perpetuate hate on this game. There's nothing functionally wrong with the game, it plays well and has some awesome characters and designs....Ehh.... voice acting is typical vintage RE, but Eh.....

For me it's because it tries to be a jack of all trades master of none.

Puzzles and Exploration are weaker than the classic games
The action elements are weaker than the "action" RE titles of RE4 and 5 (6 wasn't out yet when this released)

It's not a bad game. But it's not anything special either. It's like right in the middle and sometimes when it comes to games that's the worse place to be. Had this game tried to go full on action or full on roots, it'd have been much better in my book.

I love it but I understand the criticism. IMHO (I played on normal, always do):

1. The dodge input is pure garbage.
2. The first 1/3 of this game is what everyone hails for being a "return to roots"
3. The final 2/3 is where you get enough ammo and it transforms into RE5 levels of shootbang
4. The game plays in episodes and you switch protagonists sometimes. There's a comic relief pair, I think they were hackers or something, but those episodes are freaking terrible
5. The one character, Rachel, is basically a walking pair of boobs

Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's plenty more

Rachel is literally a dead body you find. Have you even played the game?

On hardest difficulty ammo is scarce, and the dodge is easy as long as you're not brain-dead in reacting.

6. Enemy designs are the worst in the series.
7. The final boss is a chore and not fun to fight.

Plenty games have worse enemy design.

Final boss is one of best in series.

OuterLimits

I saw a copy of the PS4 Resident Evil 4 on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart for $10. I regret not grabbing it. Love that game.

Revelations not so much. $20 is still too high.

Plenty games have worse enemy design.

Final boss is one of best in series.
Compared to other RE game's monster designs this is the worst. They're Just white blob monsters. There's barely any variations to them. They all just try to suck you on the neck or slice you. And the final boss is nothing but frustration. The game requires you to pull off quick maneuvers that the character can't really do against him. It doesn't help that you can't properly dodge his attacks with the bad dodge mechanic.

Compared to other RE game's monster designs this is the worst. They're Just white blob monsters. There's barely any variations to them. They all just try to suck you on the neck or slice you. And the final boss is nothing but frustration. The game requires you to pull off quick maneuvers that the character can't really do against him. It doesn't help that you can't properly dodge his attacks with the bad dodge mechanic.

It has plenty of non Ooze enemies, but even the Ooze have plenty of variation. They not just all the same white blob. Rev2 has worse and more limited designs.

Boss is a mix of dodging attacks and interrupting them, nothing especially difficult if you work it out.

ItIsOkBro

You mean like in RE4/RE5? The running is like those games. If you mean like in RE6 then no, probably not.

is really not, Jill moves so slow and the overall structure of the game being somewhat nonlinear with backtracking makes that even more apparent

Ugh, this game was incredibly boring when I played it on PC.

Other then the trademark camera and characters, it felt like an overly generic third person shooter.

Top Bottom