• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Reveleations coming to PS3/360?

vareon

Amazing? This should alone tell you that the game failed to meet Capcom´s expectations, even though the PR people said otherwise.

There is this slight possibility of the post you are quoting contains a thick amount of sarcasm, as evident by the abundance of exclamation quotes.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
3DS ver Release date(s) JP January 26, 2012

Hmm, wonder if it was just a 12 month exclusivity deal with Nintendo. Convenient this pops up 2 months shy.

How was the coop in this game? (if there's one), does it still uses the RE5 design where you have an AI following you for single player?

No co-op. You do have an AI partner accompanying you for most of the game, but your interaction with him/her is completely hands-off.

NFreak

I might double dip on a console port. I really enjoyed Revelations compared to RE5. Never played RE6 because of the bad press but I plan on playing it in the future.

You are talking like Relevations going multiplat means 3DS lost all of its 3rd party exclusives.
Uh no. Rhythm Thief from Sega, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D from Square, Code of Princess from Atlus, Layton from Level 5, Harvest Moon and gabrielle Gghostly Groove from Natsume, Dead or Alive Dimensions from tecmo, Cooking Mama from Mejesco among other are still exclusives.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Uh no. Rhythm Thief from Sega, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D from Square, Code of Princess from Atlus, Layton from Level 5, Harvest Moon and gabrielle Gghostly Groove from Natsume, Dead or Alive Dimensions from tecmo, Cooking Mama from Mejesco among other are still exclusives.

There's an iOS version of Rhythm Thief is due soon, just so ya know.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
One of those isn't quite right. :p

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/sega-porting-free-to-play-rhythm-thief-to-ios-this-winter/

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cooking-mama/id306065668?mt=8 Cooking Mama is also in iOS, though I'm not sure if it's the same one.

Jawmuncher

AHHH YEAH!
I'll buy the hell out of this on PS3 and 360.
However sadly no vita version which should have been obvious.
Release what many consider the best game in years on everything under the sun.

Oersted

I know thats not the case. It was only him talking like that.

cvxfreak

Seems pretty likely to me.

Disc-based in Japan and Korea, digital elsewhere.

I also bet a Wii U version arrives as well.

Neiteio

This game is AWESOME. Just finished my second playthrough on the 3DS XL. I'm 100 percent in support of this hitting more platforms so more people can appreciate it. It's every bit the full-fledged RE title as the numbered installments. I would double-dip on a PS3 version.

There are parts where you use the touch screen, so a Vita port makes more sense ESPECIALLY when Capcom was supposed to bring it to the PSP.

Vita port with extras...but I guess not.

Seik

Banned
I'm ok with this, it was great on the 3DS, would be even better on PS360U.

Personally I'd prefer a Wii U version mainly because all the touch screen features would be there. Plus it could be a great way to start off with the RE series on the Wii U.

Sintoid

Will get it, I have it on 3DS and I'm not able to finish it because of the lack of second analog and the small screen. If true PS360 Capcom is officially the Vitakiller

aktham

Raid mode on Vita would be awesome. I beat the the game on the 3DS but the 2nd analog attachment isn't practical on the go.

It's pretty great. I'm going to chalk this up as a reverse Snake Eater and that more people should play it regardless of what platform it's on.

Koyuga

Will double dip, Revelaitons is fantastic. I hope they add some new features, but it will likely be a straight port.

KSai

I'd buy this game again, I loved it the first time. I won't have to worry about my eyes getting strained by the 3D and maybe we'll get a decent box for it.

Curufinwe

I liked the 3DS demo apart from the awful enemy designs, but I don't want to play a long action game like that with the 3DS XL slide pad. So this is welcome news to me.

Zenaku

I think Revelations deserves a chance to gain more sales, but I really hope this news is false. If true, we'll get "I'll wait for the console port" everytime Capcom announces an interesting 3DS game.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I think Revelations deserves a chance to gain more sales, but I really hope this news is false. If true, we'll get "I'll wait for the console port" everytime Capcom announces an interesting 3DS game.

To be fair, Resident Evil hasn't had much presence on handhelds up until recently. So it's understandable that a sizable portion of the audience would prefer the game on home consoles as it's familiar territory for them.

Invest in a new sarcasm meter ;)

Lol yeah, he's probably still in "gotta tell those deluded Nintendo fanboys" mode to notice.

Anyone who expected this to stay exclusive was just kidding themselves. This is capcom, before the years out we will have versions for IOS and the Gameboy color.

Top Bottom