• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

RyuHayate

The character models look great.

I love how they made Leon actually look ten years younger instead of just importing his RE4 character model.

goompapa

David H Wong said:
I'm trying to figure out what having your on-screen partner visible does for you, other than block your view of the guys you're trying to kill. I know they'll supposedly help you out but if friendly fire is turned on, I've got a feeling I'd prefer they just get out of the way.

You can use him/her as a bait and shoot the incoming zombies.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
While, like most people, I wish this (and UC) was a RE4 style game, I did enjoy UC alot, so I am really looking forward to this. Pulling off a string of those difficult, but not impossible, head shots, with a pistol to conserve ammo, was very satisfying. Hopefully they'll have a better way to switch weapons this time around.

Also, considering that it seems to be focusing on Leon and Clair, I wonder if we'll get a Degeneration scenario.

thefro

Definitely looks a lot better than Umbrella Chronicles. Hope they get some of the problems with that game fixed.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
David H Wong said:
I'm trying to figure out what having your on-screen partner visible does for you, other than block your view of the guys you're trying to kill. I know they'll supposedly help you out but if friendly fire is turned on, I've got a feeling I'd prefer they just get out of the way.
It should make things a little more controlled and tactical I would hope, picking your targets to protect your partner as well as yourself. Shame that it isn't in co-op mode because that means it is unlikely to be utilized in any meaningful manner in single player, unless they have a significantly different campaign, which is very unlikely.

Anony

Perdew said:
Calibration 1) Makes it playable with no crosshair and 2) Makes it more accurate to your natural movements. Sounds like you calibrated your entire Wii, in a way, though!

you cant have no crosshair, the ammo is part of it
i actually prefer it this way since i dont have to stare at corner for ammo #

UC is not an arcade shooter, you need accuracy and you dont get unlimited ammo for nonstandard guns

i hope they keep the analog stick to move the camera (even if it's not alot)

Perdew

Anony said:
you cant have no crosshair, the ammo is part of it
i actually prefer it this way since i dont have to stare at corner for ammo #

UC is not an arcade shooter, you need accuracy and you dont get unlimited ammo for nonstandard guns

i hope they keep the analog stick to move the camera (even if it's not alot)

That's WHY you have calibration; you trust your shot ;o They can figure out the ammo.

It'd be a nice option, at the very least.

Cool. I enjoyed UC and this looks great. As much as I love RE2 and would gladly welcome a remake, I'm really looking forward to the Code Veronica segments (hopefully the info is true).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks again to TunaLover for making my previous avatar, but I decided to change it to fit better the style of my previous ones. If anybody wants it, it's up for grabs again:
14rw3d.jpg

Prime Blue said:
Although she may not be the brightest heroine. Do you remember that one scene in CODE:Veronica, where she told Steve "So there never was an Alexia after all" (8:12), after she had seen the movie of the twins in the projector room? Only to go all "There really is an Alexia?" on Chris later in the game.

In her defense, it might just be a translation error...
Maybe a bit dumb, but still captivating :lol

God, Claire's RE2 outfit looks so much sillier now. I hope she only has those shorts in the RE2 parts and gets the full jeans for the Code Veronica stuff.

stuminus3

I just wish it wasn't retelling the story of RE2. It'll bring more retconning and contradictions. Yay.

On rails gameplay doesn't bother me. Resident Evil games are pretty linear anyway.

FUCK YOU CAPCOOOOOOOM! FUCK YOU NINTENDOOOOOOOO! FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

stuminus3 said:
I just wish it wasn't retelling the story of RE2. It'll bring more retconning and contradictions. Yay.
It's a video game about zombies. As a huge Resident Evil fan I have to say I've never given two shits about the actual story. I don't know or care what's going on in the plot and don't give a fuck about Wesker's backstory. I like the atmosphere and locations, not the characters and plot. I hope I'm not alone here.

Magnus

It was zombies and scares that brought the crowd, and it's crazy story (woefully discarded for RE4) that kept us. I hope you're alone. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Buttseckslol said:
But that costume was modeled after Leon's RE2 costume. I hardly consider that "recycling". What else did you expect him to be wearing?
True, true.

I'm worried that we'll see Outbreak assets used again. That game is the Resident Evil equivalent of the Morrigan sprites. I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. I'm already expecting complete butchery of canonical events. Leon and Claire are probably not seperated in the accident. I just hope they make the part with Brad Vickers something special. That one screen with Claire climbing the steps, it looks like she probably got done putting him out of his misery.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
seems they upped the atmosphere ante, and that given that UC was already one of the best looking and most atmospheric wii titles. i just wish they drop all the comic-book/CGI cutscenes they used in the original and leave only the in-engine ones - would only improve the atmosphere even further.

Magnus said:
It was zombies and scares that brought the crowd, and it's crazy story (woefully discarded for RE4) that kept us. I hope you're alone. :(
I like the goofy dialog, but I just never thought the story was all that interesting in any of the Resident Evil games. That's why I don't mind if they decide to take some liberties in this game.

Christopher

So they're going to be together during the whole time?

Claire has no idea who Ada is...will she meet her now? I wonder if they'll change Ada's attitude to the sexy spy thing she has going now...

Based on what is known thus far, I see no reason why I'd not order this the day it comes out, if not pre-order it.

I wonder if they'll do secret characters and whatnot to some interesting effect...wasn't RE 2 the one that had some secret characters in it?

So glad to see a fresh influx of rail shooters lately!

Now if only my beloved rail slashers and such would follow suit.... (DQS and SWK) :D

I'm sure people would have wanted some different titles, but I'm interested in Umbrella and Darkside chronicles.

I think RE needs a break though...its just all over the place now :lol. Can't believe I'd ever say it but its true. Needs a nice break for a few years.

Assemble!

Glad to see some sane Resident Evil fans.

Maybe not the greatest announcement ever, but RE:UC was a solid 7 - 7.5 out of 10, so I would fully expect a game to build on that and be even better. Plus... Leon! I so badly wanted Leon to be in RE5, so it's cool he'll be playable here. Also, the whiners complained and complained they couldn't shoot through RE2 sections in UC... and now they're acting uninterested in this announcement, when essentially Capcom is giving us what we said was missing in UC. I fully expect to be reading a lot of "This is actually pretty good" posts from the haters when this releases. Day freaking one!

ps - Then again, Leon on steroids... maybe it's better that Chris is in the starring role for 5.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not really sure what to think, to be honest. UC was an interesting experience, and though I finished it, I wouldn't really call it a good game. It does look like more effort is being put into this one though, so I'm hopeful.

Fuck the Kennedy bandwagon. I've been on it since RE2 and before RE4...

That dude needs a break as well. His return in...RE8 should be epic.

TunaLover

I hope that Capcom separate the Voice volume from FX Sound volume in the sound options, I know this option always has been that way in RE, but in UC the shoting sound was loud as hell, being the sub-machine gun the loudest, the problem is that if you down the SFX sound you down the voice sound too =/

Assemble!

Dark FaZe said:
Fuck the Kennedy bandwagon. I've been on it since RE2 and before RE4...

That dude needs a break as well. His return in...RE8 should be epic.

Hahaha!:lol :lol

I don't know why I've always liked Leon. He probably does need the break, though. RE4 was such a big hit for GC and PS2, then he comes back in a Wii version... then this. Though the pattern would seem to bring him back for 6... I don't know. They ought to go for an all girl 6. Rebecca?

Love the series. Love RE2. Loved Umbrella Chronicles. Love Leon. Love Claire. Shit... consider me sold. Then again I love RE period.

Can't wait for this and I'm still not done playing RE5 yet. WTF! lol

TunaLover

Jocchan said:
Thanks again to TunaLover for making my previous avatar, but I decided to change it to fit better the style of my previous ones. If anybody wants it, it's up for grabs again:
14rw3d.jpg

Maybe a bit dumb, but still captivating :lol

No problemo. Claire sure looks hotter with flames in her back. =P
Sadist took it, nice :D

Top Bottom