• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 ARG?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:
Uh, actually it REALLY looks like two fingers on each hand got chopped down to half nubs. Eh, after the cloverfield ARG I think I can expect anything.

Holy shit you are right

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
BobTheFork said:
Uh, actually it REALLY looks like two fingers on each hand got chopped down to half nubs.

Looking at it in paintshop pro, there looks like an insignia on whatever he appears to be holding. None of them have belt buckles. I think he may be holding his hat, but here:

1zq8y69.jpg

It looks like the Resistance military logo.

industrian said:
The guy on the far right looks like he's holding something.

I think he's holding his hat. Hard to tell though.

industrian said:
...And am I the only one getting slightly freaked out by this?

I did kind of freak once I noticed the darkness was... growing.

industrian said:
Looking at it in paintshop pro, there looks like an insignia on whatever he appears to be holding. None of them have belt buckles. I think he may be holding his hat, but here:

1zq8y69.jpg

It looks like the Resistance military logo.
that looks like the bottom of his shirt me.

I really dont think the darkness is growing. I've left the picture on the side of the screen for some time now and no more of it is covered than before.

cryptic said:
Not seeing anything there, where in the circle?

Although I did notice that the patter is symetric over a line down the center of that brown 'butt'
The same dots and pattern of both sides if you look.

cryptic

BobTheFork said:
Not seeing anything there, where in the circle?

Although I did notice that the patter is symetric over a line down the center of that brown 'butt'
The same dots and pattern of both sides if you look.
resistance2.jpg

EDIT:That guy is holding his hat, I think, all folded up.

slider

industrian said:
...And am I the only one getting slightly freaked out by this?

No, I am too. Quickly whizzed through the thread (once I started reading I couldn't stop) and had the Abraham...blackout web page open in the background. But there came a moment where I switched my speakers off and closed the Abraham page thinking I might get some freaky Ring shit going on... (active imaginations FTL)

It's dark here. And lonely. And my cat is staring at me. I'm going to bed.

industrian

slider said:
No, I am too. Quickly whizzed through the thread (once I started reading I couldn't stop) and had the Abraham...blackout web page open in the background. But there came a moment where I switched my speakers off and closed the Abraham page thinking I might get some freaky Ring shit going on... (active imaginations FTL)

It's dark here. And lonely. And my cat is staring at me. I'm going to bed.

As soon as I saw the photo it reminded me of Signs. I remember watching that in the cinema when it came out and being scared shitless throughout. (I've had a fear of greys/similar looking aliens since I was a kid - too much X-Files and Outer Limits before bedtime.)

Thoughts of a slightly-scared, moderately drunk and tired Scotsman: the US Army in conjunction/collusion/conspiracy with the Chimera or Cloven are behind this project - before Resistance: FoM. Hale was infected/given the ability to resist the Chimera virus by them and sent to the UK to be a test subject - hence the Black Ops guys following/monitoring him and eventually arresting him. The person being operated on in the video was Hale, to find out what changes have been made to his body by the virus - and the research of which goes to making the Sentinels.

I'm tired. :|

cryptic

I tried moving the picture around and checking what come's up in it's shadow and I saw the 26 rather clearly. Try checking for more stuff using the same method.

slider

industrian said:
As soon as I saw the photo it reminded me of Signs. I remember watching that in the cinema when it came out and being scared shitless throughout. (I've had a fear of greys/similar looking aliens since I was a kid - too much X-Files and Outer Limits before bedtime.)

You're not helping. :lol

This time I really am going to bed. I don't want to map out why this freaks me out ever so slightly.

andycapps said:
Is there any way to find out all of the pages that are on this site by putting index on the end (not that, tried it) or something? Or is that just the easy way out? I tried doing www.projectabraham.com/26, www.projectabraham.com/twentysix, www.projectabraham.com/twenty6, and www.projectabraham.com/20six. No go on any of those.

This is fun!

I found out there is a folder titled "swfs" sitting in the projectabraham folder of their website directory. However, when just putting the address www.projectabraham.com/swfs/ I get denied access to that folder and it contents.

shucks.

Wes

venison crêpe
industrian said:
IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/el5xew.jpg[/IMG

I can't unsee this, it looks like writing. "Here" or "Hero"

Am I the only one seeing someone/thing in the window?

centracore

2l8xbmv.jpg

I think that symbol must mean something, that's all there really seems to be on that page... and is it just me or does it look like something's peeking through the window?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
MyResistance are stuck at the same place. They seem sure that there is something on the desk. Personally i think the site will change with time adding small parts until we figure out the next location or whatever the next part may be. I'd like to be wrong but i think Insomniac have thought this out and would like it to last as long as possible.

NinjaFridge said:
MyResistance are stuck at the same place. They seem sure that there is something on the desk. Personally i think the site will change with time adding small parts until we figure out the next location or whatever the next part may be. I'd like to be wrong but i think Insomniac have thought this out and would like it to last as long as possible.
If it's any indication, the last campaign by 42 Entertainment was the Dark Knight ARG which lasted I believe a full year. I would imagine they'll run this one up until launch of the launch of R2.

OP's up to date. I'm looking into other ways to go about updating it, so we don't end up with a super long wall of text and imagery.

industrian

SappYoda said:
I dont know if this is going to bring some light but these marks look suspicious.

Last night I tried connecting some of the dots, but all I got was the appearance of a penis.

SappYoda

As someone already pointed out, half of the table is mirrored. I tried applying a diference filter between the mirrored halfs of the table and I came to this:

mirrored.jpg

The image is mirrored but some of it is diferent.

If you put both diference together it looks like this:
mirrored2.jpg

I'm unable to make anything from that :/ (maybe its an ufo?)

Waikis

14ioscg.jpg

Could be just me ,but I'm seeing a figure holding a book which comes out from what looks like a hologram projector below : <

5n8as9.png

There seems to be a symbol in this pic too...

andycapps

SappYoda said:
If you put both diference together it looks like this:
mirrored2.jpg

I'm unable to make anything from that :/ (maybe its an ufo?)

It looks like a brain to me. First look before you did the difference filter was that I thought it looked like a beret. Now it looks like a brain to me, if you were looking at the brain from behind where you can see the two hemispheres.

konrad77

wow after reading this thread Iam sure Gaf would solve 90% of all the crime in the world. Amazing feeling for details.

Top Bottom