• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Darkpen

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
btw the first pic was from my sis's room honest :lol
lol, I didn't even notice the plush animals the first time, though I did notice what I assume to be a jewelery box (?), but thought nothing of it.

Kabuki Waq said:
2iw7lsl.jpg

You lucky son of a bitch.
I just tried to squeeze some more funds from the wife for the CE edition but no dice damnit!

morlock

The graphics in this game is really good, but one thing that bugs me is the fire effect; How come it looks worse than the fire in R1? Burning cars, air fuel grenade and others looks below the ones in R1. :/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
EnthusiasTech said:
What the hell is wrong with servers , damn ...

It's a Beta. We're working on the servers actively during the course of it and ensuring it's running smoothly with our new stats servers and everything. All of this will help to make the actual launch much more stable and enjoyable.

DrPirate

Banned
I google searched it already and couldn't find what I was looking for.

If anyone can help me: I already preordered and prepaid the CE of R2, and I know I'll seem like an idiot for not doing research beforehand (Save the insults for after I get an answer), what comes in the CE packaging? Everything shown in the picture above? (*Crosses fingers please come with a soundtrack........*)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DrPirate said:
I google searched it already and couldn't find what I was looking for.

If anyone can help me: I already preordered and prepaid the CE of R2, and I know I'll seem like an idiot for not doing research beforehand (Save the insults for after I get an answer), what comes in the CE packaging? Everything shown in the picture above? (*Crosses fingers please come with a soundtrack........*)
Sorry, no soundtrack. It's a Chimera figure, artbook, alternate cover art for the game, alternate Wraith skin, making of Blu-ray, and it all comes in a box.

JardeL

jstevenson said:
It's a Beta. We're working on the servers actively during the course of it and ensuring it's running smoothly with our new stats servers and everything. All of this will help to make the actual launch much more stable and enjoyable.
Thanks for the info , I just cant control my will to play coop COME ON HURY FIX THE SERVERS! :D ...

Btw , does Resistance 2 support in-game screenshot function which came with FW2.5 ?

tanod

when is my burrito
notjackbauer said:
come on server........

dammit

kind of pheening for some coop

Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly), R2's MP has bitten me like the first game did. I haven't really gotten into any online MP since the first game and I wasn't much of a person for online MP in the first place.

I can only buy one new game this year basically unless I get a huge bonus from work this December. I think it's gonna be R2 even though I really did LOVE the LBP beta. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me pick up a CE.

jmd494

Wowowow! Video review got me back into this game. It's been a rollercoaster, but after seeing all that new SP footage, I'm officially ecstatic!

Loudninja

tanod said:
dammit

kind of pheening for some coop

Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly), R2's MP has bitten me like the first game did. I haven't really gotten into any online MP since the first game and I wasn't much of a person for online MP in the first place.

I can only buy one new game this year basically unless I get a huge bonus from work this December. I think it's gonna be R2 even though I really did LOVE the LBP beta. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me pick up a CE.

Its working now, I am in a game.

Resistance 2 official thread is going to be out of this world, just like the MGS4 one. Though I don't expect the OT to be on THAT level. But in the case that it is, I'm going to the grocery and stocking up on canned foods.

dudes the second level boss. You will be amazed while shitting your pants.

One of my most memorable gaming experiences. dont spoil yourself by looking at videos that feature bosses.

I was gushing about the first level but the second level crushes the first one in terms of wow moments.

Darkpen

Banned
miyamotofreak said:
I wish that CE cover was the regular one.
seriously, it gives an all-too-soon Fracture taste:

270187b.jpg

Sure, it isn't identical, but the coloring gives the vibe (not to mention character framing).

Maggot9

Banned
JB1981 said:
Dude R1 Bullseye > R2 Bullseye. No contest.
For sure, I also wonder why they decided to drastically change the design of it if R2 picks up right after R1. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

I'm broke as hell but I moved my pre-order money over to the CE today. I've gotten too much cool swag from insomniac already, I have to go all in on this one.

The new carbine is better IMO. I like the bullseye too, it shoots a bit straighter and the tags are limited, which is good.

kuYuri

The hell, I couldn't even find any games tonight, either coop or competitive. =/

Couldn't find any good games in KZ2 beta either. What the hell is going on tonight?

chimster

Strider2K99 said:
The hell, I couldn't even find any games tonight, either coop or competitive. =/

Couldn't find any good games in KZ2 beta either. What the hell is going on tonight?

I just finished 2 coop games, no problem.

Top Bottom