• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Az

Damn I can't watch the videos at work. But I see some claim it looks better than MGS4?
Wow I really didn't expect that, but I'll check it out myself when I get home.

Dante

Endless said:

For the new page.

2elqsxw.gif

Thanks tio ssx for the Gif, and Endless for the thumbs.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AzRim904 said:
Damn I can't watch the videos at work. But I see some claim it looks better than MGS4?
Wow I really didn't expect that, but I'll check it out myself when I get home.
Dude i bought my PS3 just for MGS4 , let me tell you something :
R2 LOOKS BETTER THAN MGS4

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Wollan said:
Thanks lybertyboy for the links, made my job easier.

Thanks for posting the links. Wish we had more co-op footage, but my capture kit decided to start dropping frames during the most awesome sections, and I wasn't about to post footage that made the game look like it had non-existent framerate problems. I didn't realize it until yesterday. I almost wept.

Trevelyan

Banned
pretty much the definition of holy shit. the lighting and shadowing are really great, and the detail to the guns is awesome. and the scary part is they're still polishing it. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The ammount of stuff happening on screen is amazing:
The Goliath walking ,explosions all over the place, lots of chimeras to fight.
really amazing.
Insomniac should be really proud, really really really proud.

jett

D-Member
Looks pretty awesome! That predator section in the forest was great. Still not a sure-buy from me, but we'll see.

andycapps

lybertyboy said:
Thanks for posting the links. Wish we had more co-op footage, but my capture kit decided to start dropping frames during the most awesome sections, and I wasn't about to post footage that made the game look like it had non-existent framerate problems. I didn't realize it until yesterday. I almost wept.

Yeah, I noticed a couple of framerate drops here and there. Was that your kit or was it something you noticed while you were playing it? I'm thinking it was either your kit or unfinished code, Insomniac and framedrops doesn't seem to compute.

JS- When you get off the plane and read this, every single thing that I mentioned on the private beta forums to be addressed, has been addressed. Thanks for listening to your fans. :D Pass this along if you can. The new footage looks absolutely fantastic, and I cannot wait to sink hours, upon hours into this with the GAF wedge.

dalin80

Banned
The constant 'hold square to pick up xxxx' gets a bit irritating when its constantly popping up, its not exactly subtle and looks to break immersion slightly.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
andycapps said:
Yeah, I noticed a couple of framerate drops here and there. Was that your kit or was it something you noticed while you were playing it? I'm thinking it was either your kit or unfinished code, Insomniac and framedrops doesn't seem to compute.

It was 100% NOT the game. I didn't notice any frame drops during gameplay. I know what was causing the problem with my machine now, and trust me, it won't happen again.

jstevenson said:
sittin in the airport, waiting for my flight, dipping my delicious double chocolate Dunkin Donut into coffee (stupid California not having Dunkin.... what are we thinking?!?!)
Ahhh yes I remember eating some Dunkin Doughnut's a long time ago when visiting my cousins in New Jersey.

But hey at least we've got In n' Out burger! Take that east coast this burger joint is exclusive :p

My god I knew Insomniac would deliver I knew the game would be polished but I really wasn't ready
for this huge a difference. The game looks absolutely stellar and is easily one of the best looking
titles coming out this year.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
looks hot! only bug i could find is that the lightning changes ... right after the chimera ripped the soldier in two pieces.

this is going to bo so much fun!

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:
Is it? Is it really? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TenayWest.gif

Most definitely. I'm sure there are other improvements (you know what I mean).

Soooooooooo...when are the private beta invitees getting their free pass into the next beta stage? :D

andycapps

lybertyboy said:
It was 100% NOT the game. I didn't notice any frame drops during gameplay. I know what was causing the problem with my machine now, and trust me, it won't happen again.

Good deal, that's what I figured. And I'm not ragging on you at all, the footage looks good minus I think I saw framerate drops maybe 2-3 times during all those videos. I think the footage and game looks spectacular.

Top Bottom