• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:
and then along comes Killzone 2....

INFAMOUS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Anyone see this email today?

Qore: Coming Soon in Episode Three

We Get Deep into DC Online,
Including an Exclusive Art Gallery.

Featured Story:
Audrey Cleo is Living the Life in
NBA 09: The Inside.

Going Hollywood: Veronica Belmont
Hits the WB Backlot to Get an
Intimate Look at Lego Batman.

Exclusive to Qore Ep 03: An
Invitation to the Resistance 2 Beta.
(Scheduled to be Available in late
September)

Maggot9

Banned
distantmantra said:

Featured Story:

September)

figures, fucking garbage episode save for the beta

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
distantmantra said:

Featured Story:

September)
So basically $3 for a beta? I'm sorry but I don't pay for betas. Since there is no other content on there worth it I'll have to pass. :(

distantmantra said:

Featured Story:

September)

I'm glad I have Qore.

nib95

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
So basically $3 for a beta? I'm sorry but I don't pay for betas. Since there is no other content on there worth it I'll have to pass. :(

I very much doubt Episode 3 will simply a BETA invitation and nothing else. It will have proper content too is my guess, as is the case with every other episode.

FirewalkR

Is that new video anywhere in HD? Awesome stuff. And I want to see interaction with that water. I want to see a big splash!!! Make it happen JStevenson!!! :D

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
nib95 said:
I very much doubt Episode 3 will simply a BETA invitation and nothing else. It will have proper content too is my guess, as is the case with every other episode.
Naw, I mean the other content was listed it's just not stuff I'd watch. If it was I'd buy it in an instant. I bought the second Qore thing.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:
I can note that pre-ordering will be the fastest access to the public beta

Well considered your game pre-ordered through gamestop next Tuesday once I buy SC4 sir! :D

roMonster

The video looked great; the opening cinematic is fantastic. I saw the last part of the video IGN during e3. The water looks impressive, I wonder if the water in Chicago (with the Fury swimming in it) will get the same treatment.

Wollan

Seiken said:
Okay that looked really good.

I think Insomniac was a bit unlucky with their E3 showing. They had a cool, 'relaxed' trailer. However I found the demonstration kinda anti-climatic.

I don't think it was a good choice showing the scripted segment of being chased by the Leviathan. All the viewers knew that whatever happened it could only be result A or B (either you do the right thing and proceed further, or you die. There's no inherent A.I to the boss). Scale is a keyword yes but the demonstration came down to a lot of stair walking, going in circles, navigating small items and such just to show off the gigantic boss. Now, after hearing Bryan talk (on 1up yours) about how that scene actually lacked effects such as the glass getting crushed in not to mention the little detail that the whole building is actually supposed to be on fire... There had been no way I would have chosen the same segment for demonstration. I actually believe the small part where you shoot down hordes of Grims in the back alley would have impressed more though I believe there's much more impressive open landscapes to be seen elsewhere in R2 that they could have used.

Anyways, the above movie demonstrated to me better the graphical caliber R2 will have than any media preceding it. The mocap looks stunning. So does the detail on the monsters as well as the lighting.

nib95

Banned
Wollan said:
Okay that looked really good.

I think Insomniac was a bit unlucky with their E3 showing. They had a cool, 'relaxed' trailer. However I found the demonstration kinda anti-climatic.

I don't think it was a good choice showing the scripted segment of being chased by the Leviathan. All the viewers knew that whatever happened it could only be result A or B (either you do the right thing and proceed further, or you die. There's no inherent A.I to the boss). Scale is a keyword yes but the demonstration came down to a lot of stair walking, going in circles, navigating small items and such just to show off the gigantic boss. Now, after hearing Bryan talk (on 1up yours) about how that scene actually lacked effects such as the glass getting crushed in not to mention the little detail that the whole building is actually supposed to be on fire... There had been no way I would have chosen the same segment for demonstration. I actually believe the small part where you shoot down hordes of Grims in the back alley would have impressed more though I believe there's much more impressive open landscapes to be seen elsewhere in R2 that they could have used.

Anyways, the above movie demonstrated to me better the graphical caliber R2 will have than any media preceding it. The mocap looks stunning. So does the detail on the monsters as well as the lighting.

I agree. I also found the Leviathan boss segment a tad sterile. The bos itself looked phenomenal, but everything surrounding it and the environment a tad drab. I realise it's unfinished, but if you're going to show it off, show it off in style.

See KZ2/GoW2 for a war torn look. The segment needed far more smoke, debree, special effects, shrapnel, destruction, cracked buildings, fierce splashing sea water, beams of light bleeding through a foggy smoke plume filled sky. Basically, it needed to be more threatening and atmospheric. No flat water ground floor, where you just see edges of skyscrapers end almost flat like. Where were the smoke and waves at the bottom? Little touches like this.

Parts of R2 blow me away, as in, leave me speechless. Like the San Fran level, bustling with energy, scope, scale and vivid atmosphere. Other parts like Chicago (grims) look fantastic, really impressive. Then there's other segments like the Leviathan part, which look amazing, but un-polished and still slightly sterile.

I'm guessing this is down to not being finished. So I do hope the visuals in this segment improve as Ted/Insomniac have said they would.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
distantmantra said:

Featured Story:

September)

Just got this email.

dralla said:
Is that a mini-boss or a regular enemy? He looks bigger than usual..and is he using a melee weapon?

I'd say just a new chimera we havn't seen before. I don't remember it in R1. I think thats a gun he's holding.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dralla said:
Is that a mini-boss or a regular enemy? He looks bigger than usual..and is he using a melee weapon?
That's a gun. He uses melee in close range.

dralla

no they aren't, they use the same techniques as they did in R1 and Ratchet..captured MPEG's with added post-processing to mask loading.

fuckin beatin'

armubaba

I just recently got a PS3, so I finally got a taste of Resistance.

I have to say, the multiplayer is some ADDICTIVE shit. The only game available for the PS3 right now that was able to tear me away from my second run through MGS. That's quite the feat.

I seriously cannot wait for the R2 Beta. Looks like I'll finally be on time to the party. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kittonwy said:
In engine recorded to mask load-times.
batman.gif
Just like teh Unchartedz+?

dralla

Linkzg said:
Yes. You see it used in various multiplayer videos already.

How many new guns have been shown in total?

I know there is the revolver, this gun, and the minigun.

Marksman [pictured above], Magnum, Wraith [minigun]. I hope to see more creative weapons, especially in multiplayer.

Returning weapons, Carbine, Fareye, Shotgun, Bullseye, Auger.

There's also the Spider Grenades which are new, and the Air Fuel, Hedgehog and Frag's are back... haven't seen the Backlash yet

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jstevenson said:
I'm curious, if you saw the screenshots we showed during the E3 press conference, or perhaps the segment of San Francisco gameplay... and if so, how you'd compare those versus the Iceland screens.

Just has NOTHING on the iceland shots. Don't get me wrong, it still looks ok, not incredible, but not bad. I can't see it hit my expectations, but I still have high hopes for the game itself.

edit-
Kittonwy said:
INFAMOUS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

You are right there in certain aspects. I still think KZ2 is the best looking console game, but damn if Infamous, doesn't give it a run. In motion it's absolutely incredible, it's like GTA4 with better graphics and ridiculous amounts of destruction.

msdstc said:
Just has NOTHING on the iceland shots. Don't get me wrong, it still looks ok, not incredible, but not bad. I can't see it hit my expectations, but I still have high hopes for the game itself.

edit-

You are right there in certain aspects. I still think KZ2 is the best looking console game, but damn if Infamous, doesn't give it a run. In motion it's absolutely incredible, it's like GTA4 with better graphics and ridiculous amounts of destruction.

dralla said:

Nothing? Really?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Maggot9 said:
Awesome. Can you comment on the late September date date for the beta?

That is correct for the Public Beta.

The access will open first to pre-order folks. Qore will be shortly into the beta.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Team Klimt said:
Nothing? Really?

No nothing

2zipurk.jpg

This looks incredible. The lighting, the shadows, the scale, and how smooth everything looks.

2ch1cfd.jpg

This looks almost like CGI. Not the character in the foreground, but all the objects and chimera in the background. They have a very soft look to them, and even the barbed wire looks really nice. Look how clean the shadows are and all of the lighting and character models.

Look I'm not here to argue, the newest video looks really nice, but it has a lot of bloom going on and it's extremely orange. These screen shots floored me. I thought it looked even better than KZ2, but it just ended up not looking QUITE like that, which is fine. The game should still be great, as long as they stick to their own ideas. From what I've seen they're trying to be too much like COD4, which is great for mainstream, but R1 to me was my favorite MP game this generation... probably the most fun I've had with an online game ever.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DMPrince said:
So where do we preorder from? :lol

Don't say Gamestop.

I have the same question. I'm all for this. I was going to pre-order soon anyways, but I was waiting on information similar to this. Also JS anything on a Limited edition or something of the sort?

Top Bottom