• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Kittonwy

Banned
HondaF1Fanatic said:
Is the GAF clan LoL? I got an invite to LoL and I haven't seen anyone on yet, maybe it is a different clan?

GAF clan is GAF.
Indifferent2.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Evazan said:
Oh ok so i should re-enter the code in the correct account then?

Nah, you should be able to play the game from the other accounts on your PS3.

Again though, the server whitelist wasn't updated first, so if you are still experiencing issues, you may have to wait a bit until it is updated.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
jstevenson said:
Nah, you should be able to play the game from the other accounts on your PS3.

Again though, the server whitelist wasn't updated first, so if you are still experiencing issues, you may have to wait a bit until it is updated.

Ok thanks man!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
kaching said:
Again? They're like practically pushing you to go multiplatform, aren't they?

Nah, just miscommunication - lot of moving pieces and different people involved and the process changed a bit due to the server whitelisting to prevent file sharing. Stuff happens!

btkadams

so do i have to be invited to the gaf clan? lol i wanna joinnnnnn people if you see me send the invite. ive never been in a gaf clan... :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kaching said:
Again? They're like practically pushing you to go multiplatform, aren't they?
This kind of stuff happens behind closed doors all the time. They'll work out the kinks. You just be fortunate you have industry folks here to give you some lowdown instead of being on the outside looking in.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
JStevenson, European people can get QORE with their creditcards of the US Store, thus getting the issue with the resistance 2 beta (i got a year sub).

Will European IP's be locked out of US beta's? if so i cant ever get into a beta, no one has been able to give me a clear answer on this. Thank you

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:
JS, will the Open Beta phase have a updated build?

Of course! And the feedback from the closed beta will help a lot with that!

Tiduz said:
JStevenson, European people can get QORE with their creditcards of the US Store, thus getting the issue with the resistance 2 beta (i got a year sub).

Will European IP's be locked out of US beta's? if so i cant ever get into a beta, no one has been able to give me a clear answer on this. Thank you

Nope, no one should be "locked out"

SumGamer

Tiduz said:

This should be clarifed. I'm in Asian with Qore 12 issues subs since EP2, I dont wanna get my hope up too much. But I've already started hoping. In facts I bought Qore just for the R2 Beta LOL.

EDIT: That was fast. Thanks a lot. :D

Snipes424

darkjak218 said:
Apparently you can vote for the collector's edition boxart on IGN. There's 3 different ones to choose from

Is the poll working? I get an error page when I click "which is your favorite"

btkadams

Wollan said:
'Only On PlayStation'
Is this a new initiative by Sony?
seems a little late IMO. what about all the other games that are only on playstation that are already out?

for the people getting an error page, i think u have to be logged in, are u guys logged in? btw i havent tried cuz i dont have an account on ign.

i like the third choice

Snipes424

Wollan said:
'Only On PlayStation'
Is this a new initiative by Sony?

I think so, probably a good thing, not everyone knows what is exclusive to what. For example, someone the other day (not in these forums) was absolutely convinced that Little Big Planet was coming to the 360 as well, his reasoning was because there was no tag on the box art saying "only for PS3."

Snipes424

btkadams said:
seems a little late IMO. what about all the other games that are only on playstation that are already out?

for the people getting an error page, i think u have to be logged in, are u guys logged in? btw i havent tried cuz i dont have an account on ign.

i like the third choice

yeah I was logged in

*edit* Agreed, 3rd choice is awesome

Dizzan

MINI Member
Not working for me.

I like the third. It has more impact than the others. I hope the collectors edition is available outside the US.

Wollan

'Only on' is pure bs in the end. While obviously 1st party games won't convert, several 3rd party exclusives end up going across the pond at a later date. + It clutters the covers.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Did they really nedd to put their IGN watermark on these pics??

Wollan said:
'Only on' is pure bs in the end. While obviously 1st party games won't convert, several 3rd party exclusives end up going across the pond at a later date. + It clutters the covers.

Agreed. This is unnecessary.

gbovo

my problem with including the "only on" and "Playstation Network" is that the cover ends up with about 8 different fonts and makes it rather jarring to look at.

FightyF

Banned
jstevenson said:
Dup accounts, too, apparently :-(

He is on MyRes now!

He and I didn't get along, but I attribute that to my high level of sexiness and the naturally resulting jealousy, but it's sad to see him go. I wouldn't be surprised that it was the fact that he had two accounts for the Perma.

I like the 3rd boxart there. The combination of hot and cold colours (others are simply all warm colors), the detailed look of it, the fact that I haven't seen any boxarts with the same sort of concept, the fact that it details two very different environments instead of one, and it would look much more interesting when lined up and patterned on a retail wall.

Wow, that's a lot of detailed feedback for just a cover art.

If only we had someone with a similar knack for feedback, playing the Resistance 2 demo. Perhaps Insomniac could get a good amount of valuable and much needed feedback prior to the open beta? Hmmm...

:(

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Euphor!a said:
Maybe I am mistaken but wouldn't this only be for the Australian version of the game? Seeing as it is on the Australian IGN?

says UK in my URL, I doubt this will be for one region.

Man I would pay good money to have that 3rd box art in poster form.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I love the PSN logo being on the cover. Kind of fills me with pride to be a PSN account holder. Plus, the more they build up PSN as a brand, the "FREE Playstation Network Registration" text on the PS3 box will become a bigger deal and really mean something to new PS3 buyers.

jaydogg691

I voted for the 3rd one. I really hope the "Only on PlayStation" and PLAYSTATION Network tab isn't on the cover. I can understand the PSN tab if the game is online only like Warhawk and SOCOM, but PSN logo doesn't look to attractive IMO. Having these tabs is just making the cover cluttered with stuff. Just imagine how a Tom Clancy game would look with these tabs on them.

Top Bottom