• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Wollan

I can't believe MS2 is October.
Well, I can believe it after Evo guys said it would go through submission within a month but I'm surprised still.

Firewire

Banned
Wollan said:
I can't believe MS2 is October.
Well, I can believe it after Evo guys said it would go through submission within a month but I'm surprised still.

Gamestop has pre-orders shipping on 10/07/2008.

Wollan

I'm glad there's at least that one game releasing relatively early.

I'm very glad it's MS2 as I believe it's the SCE game that has gotten the least chance to shine despite it's quality.

Wipeout HD (sept) ---> MotorStorm 2 (early oct) ---> LittleBigPlanet (late oct) ---> Resistance 2 (early nov).

Needs that image of the guy covering his cheeks and shaking.

Madman

Wollan said:
I'm glad there's at least that one game releasing relatively early.

I'm very glad it's MS2 as I believe it's the SCE game that has gotten the least chance to shine despite it's quality.
Really? The last one was the best selling game on the platform, and 2 is looking monumentally better all around.

Wollan

WipEout HD - Sept
MotorStorm 2 - Oct 7th
Socom - Oct 14th
LittleBigPlanet - Oct 29th
Resistance 2 - Nov 4th

Madman said:
Really? The last one was the best selling game on the platform, and 2 is looking monumentally better all around.
Great game guaranteed, successful original, sure. But it hasn't gotten the spot light near anywhere (expect for the initial announcement). I saw that CG trailer like yesterday.

Like I said in the other thread though, I'm worried that MotorStorm 2 might get PGR4'd in terms of sales because of lack of hype/exposure. It's been pretty low key.

patsu

Private Hoffman said:
Wipeout HD (sept) ---> MotorStorm 2 (early oct) ---> LittleBigPlanet (late oct) ---> Resistance 2 (early nov).

Needs that image of the guy covering his cheeks and shaking.

That's nothing. My list also includes:
* Valkyria Chronicles
* Naruto
* Bioshock
* Mirror's Edge (2008 ?)
* Prince of Persia (2008 ?)

... not counting PSN and PSP titles >_<

FightyF

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Like I said in the other thread though, I'm worried that MotorStorm 2 might get PGR4'd in terms of sales because of lack of hype/exposure. It's been pretty low key.

PGR4 came right after Halo 3 IIRC. MS2 coming out before Socom and Resistence 2 helps a lot.

Somnia

Unregistered007 said:

WipEout HD - Sept
MotorStorm 2 - Oct 7th
Socom - Oct 14th
BioShock Oct 21
Farcry 2 Oct 21
Fable 2 Oct 21
Deadspace Oct 21
LittleBigPlanet - Oct 21st
Fallout Oct 28th
Resistance 2 - Nov 4th
Gears 2 Nov 7th

Fixed again :lol

Madman

Wollan said:
Great game guaranteed, successful original, sure. But it hasn't gotten the spot light near anywhere (expect for the initial announcement). I saw that CG trailer like yesterday.
We have recieved a steady amount of info, it's just that the crowd here are seemingly occupied by Killzone and to a lesser extent Resistance. I don't know why, considering how awesome the game looks and the track record of the studio, but I guess people haven't quite got their fill of muted color palletes and gritty space marines.

Somnia

Madman said:
We have recieved a steady amount of info, it's just that the crowd here are seemingly occupied by Killzone and to a lesser extent Resistance. I don't know why, considering how awesome the game looks and the track record of the studio, but I guess people haven't quite got their fill of muted color palletes and gritty space marines.

The demo will get people talking again hopefully...if its good :D

I am guessing that I did not get into beta because I did not pre order the game or purchased the Quore episode.

Has anyone that didn't do either get into the beta?

thuway

Rapping Granny said:
I am guessing that I did not get into beta because I did not pre order the game or purchased the Quore episode.

Has anyone that didn't do either get into the beta?
I think its been mentioned before, but the Private Beta extends to:

- Infected members at MyResistance.net
- Friends of Insomniac
- High level posters / Mods at MyResistance.net

Everything else, for all I know is a lame duck. I keep checking everyday though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't think MS2 will do THAT well either. It hasn't got much exposure like people have said, and also one of the main reasons it is PS3s "best selling game" is, because it was a pack in. I hope it does well, I know I'm psyched for it.

Firewire

Banned
thuway said:
I think its been mentioned before, but the Private Beta extends to:

- Infected members at MyResistance.net
- Friends of Insomniac
- High level posters / Mods at MyResistance.net

Everything else, for all I know is a lame duck. I keep checking everyday though.

I think JS mentioned that the private beta would be released to...

-the more active resistance.net members & moderators
-friends & family of Insomniac
-still active GAF Resistance clan members

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So I just got around to the Eurogamer vid..is the narrator Edward James Olmos? Aka Adama from BSG? :eek:

Cos is sounds quite like him. Please tell me it is!

kevm3

Sony has a ton of nice exclusives this year. They need to hit the marketing hard to combat the 360 price drop and GOW2. I think Naruto is a game Sony should help market. It has the potential to help solidify the notion of a diverse PS3 lineup.

tanod

when is my burrito
dalin80 said:
And this is where the system failed as most of the post whores on myres are cretins equal in intelligence to the average sheep.

Not really. That's in reference to people who have earned crawlers and have become infected by being involved and valuable to the Myres community.

Honolulu

Neo Member
gofreak said:
So I just got around to the Eurogamer vid..is the narrator Edward James Olmos? Aka Adama from BSG? :eek:

Cos is sounds quite like him. Please tell me it is!

No. it's the voice of God,
aka Edward James Olmos

I just realized that the name of Olmos' character in Blade Runner is Gaff. zomg

womfalcs3

Banned
I would have used MyResistance.net more often, but the forum was slow/bloated, and the statistics tracking was broken.

I realize they've said the community features for R2 will be much better.

Ploid 3.0

I have R2 and motorstorm 2 on lockdown for sure. The PSN games just need to be more clear as that's all the other games I'm going to buy this year. I'm too hooked on the low prices. I've been waiting on wipeout for a long time. I want to see more of flOwer, and I need a good online MP $10 PSN game. Too many of them has been single player lately.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:
Two new previews up:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ps3/resistance-2/preview-1241527

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance2/news.html?sid=6196653

Basically, what I learned:

- New Weapon: The Splicer, shoots 15 saw blades per round, alternative fire sticks a blade to the enemy which stays there until he dies. This leads me to..
- The game is much bloodier than the original
- Campaign, Co-op & Competitive earns you XP into one common Pool (so your character advances through any of these modes)
- Community site lets you create 'baseball' like cards (gamercards but with custom content), besides that they're quiet about the features
- In MP you choose your armament/weapons and 'berserks' which is temporary skills (rage..etc). So it's not a preset like last time.
- November 4th seems like it's the date

not entirely true. Your XP in all three modes contributes to an overall rank. However, you can't play Co-op and level yourself up in MP, or vice versa. So if you want to achieve maximum rank, you'll need to play every mode a lot.

darkjak218

Neo Member
Wollan said:
- New Weapon: The Splicer, shoots 15 saw blades per round, alternative fire sticks a blade to the enemy which stays there until he dies. This leads me to..
- The game is much bloodier than the original

Sounds kinda like the buzz blades from the ratchet games. Only bloodier. Still sounds cool though.

dralla

I don't understand the alt fire, what happens when you shoot them normally? they just disappear? or bounce off? Alt Fire should be a charged shot that dismembers the targeted limb.

darkjak218

Neo Member
dralla said:
I don't understand the alt fire, what happens when you shoot them normally? they just disappear? or bounce off? Alt Fire should be a charged shot that dismembers the targeted limb.

I would guess the blades would bounce off. it would probably look a little awkward if a saw blade would hit a chimera and just disappear. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Goldrusher

BobTheFork said:
....you WILL own and love this game. That is all.

I only hope it's easier than the first one.
I loved the story of Fall of Man, but for someone not good at console FPS games, it was a pretty damn hard game. Easy mode should be easier...less bullets needed to kill, more bullets needed to kill you, more health packs, more ammo, etc.

I want games to be fun. If it becomes frustrating and boring (die-repeat-die-repeat-die), it's not fun. The fact that you couldn't save half way through a level didn't help with that either. If it took you an hour to get through a certain stage, then at the next area you give up for the day, you have to get through that first stage again. Meh.

Ratchet & Clank Future in Challende Mode was a walk in the park compared to Easy Resistance.

So yeah, easy mode easier please. Can't hurt the sales, on the contrary. Not everyone is good at FPS games, but many are Insomniac fans.

Goldrusher said:
I only hope it's easier than the first one.
I loved the story of Fall of Man, but for someone not good at console FPS games, it was a pretty damn hard game. Easy mode should be easier...less bullets needed to kill, more bullets needed to kill you, more health packs, more ammo, etc.

I want games to be fun. If it becomes frustrating and boring (die-repeat-die-repeat-die), it's not fun. The fact that you couldn't save half way through a level didn't help with that either. If it took you an hour to get through a certain stage, then at the next area you give up for the day, you have to get through that first stage again. Meh.

Ratchet & Clank Future in Challende Mode was a walk in the park compared to Easy Resistance.

So yeah, easy mode easier please. Can't hurt the sales, on the contrary. Not everyone is good at FPS games, but many are Insomniac fans.

You have to be really poor at the game to find easy mode difficult. It's really not Insomniac's fault that some people just can't play the game very well. Maybe the genre and its control methods just isn't for you?

Wollan

Easy mode in R1 is more than doable but I agree that it's harder than the norm.
Halo 3 on Normal is easier than R1 on Easy for example.

ChryZ

Goldrusher said:
You really had this much trouble on easy?

Goldrusher

ChryZ said:
You really had this much trouble on easy?
I finished the game, but "easy mode" didn't feel "easy" at all.
Even Wollan agrees the game is "harder than the norm":

Wollan said:
Easy mode in R1 is more than doable but I agree that it's harder than the norm.
Wollan said:
Halo 3 on Normal is easier than R1 on Easy for example.
Really? And didn't that game sell over 8 million copies ?

If people load the demo, select easy and go "wtf, this is too hard for me, no sale", that's not good.
If they go "ok, ok, I can do this, sales+1" that's better.

Man, if some of you were to create a game, it would be superhuman mode only. Nothing wrong with an easy mode for the casual gamer who doesn't have hours upon hours of free time to master headshots and memorize the locations of every single enemy in the game. And for those who have all the time in the world and play every single shooter game released, play the game in superhuman mode and show the world your platinum trophy.

Top Bottom