• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

My connection is slow as molasses for some reason today. I see all you guys in the game already. I'll be on later. I'm sick of waiting, so I'm going to happy hour with my lady.

See y'all on the field soon.

dralla

"Massive battles, greater intimacy" was one of Schneider's points for describing the competitive mode. Teamwork will be a huge part in Resistance 2 but also individual player progression, squads and a constantly growing XP pool are tremendous additions to the mix that are sure to delight fans. Schneider also touched on a few specific elements of battle, including Berserks (temporary power-ups like invisibility and speed boosts) and weapon load outs, which both add layer upon layer to the complexity of the multiplayer dynamic. There will be hundreds of character class and weapon load out combinations for players to consider.

The levels in Resistance 2 are up to four times larger than those of Resistance: Fall of Man and there will be around 70 different map/game type combinations to experiment with. Clearly, Resistance 2 has an incredibly deep multiplayer that's sure to extend the title's life significantly.

Schneider brought the presentation to a close with a new weapon reveal: the Splicer. A rifle-like firearm with a large circular blade on the front instead of a barrel, the Splicer launches spinning blades at your enemies with highly gory results. You can rev up the blade before launching it, which not only makes it superheated by also keeps it spinning through your opponents even after impact. Yikes. This weapon, while groovy, reminded me a lot of the Buzz Blades from Ratchet and Clank. Although the weapons from Tools of Destruction are awesome, I want to see new items in Resistance 2, not the same things."

Snipes424

dralla said:
"Massive battles, greater intimacy" was one of Schneider's points for describing the competitive mode. Teamwork will be a huge part in Resistance 2 but also individual player progression, squads and a constantly growing XP pool are tremendous additions to the mix that are sure to delight fans. Schneider also touched on a few specific elements of battle, including Berserks (temporary power-ups like invisibility and speed boosts) and weapon load outs, which both add layer upon layer to the complexity of the multiplayer dynamic. There will be hundreds of character class and weapon load out combinations for players to consider.

The levels in Resistance 2 are up to four times larger than those of Resistance: Fall of Man and there will be around 70 different map/game type combinations to experiment with. Clearly, Resistance 2 has an incredibly deep multiplayer that's sure to extend the title's life significantly.

Schneider brought the presentation to a close with a new weapon reveal: the Splicer. A rifle-like firearm with a large circular blade on the front instead of a barrel, the Splicer launches spinning blades at your enemies with highly gory results. You can rev up the blade before launching it, which not only makes it superheated by also keeps it spinning through your opponents even after impact. Yikes. This weapon, while groovy, reminded me a lot of the Buzz Blades from Ratchet and Clank. Although the weapons from Tools of Destruction are awesome, I want to see new items in Resistance 2, not the same things."

Cutting people to pieces confirmed?

Aeon712

Hells yea got my invite, I'll be on once the Eagles vs Patroits game is over.

Just asked Sutdawg, he's in also :D. Playing after the game also.

Pewp

I got selected! I didn't apply for it or anything, maybe its just because I played a shit load of Resistance 1.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm having trouble registering on myresistance.net

It keeps telling me that I am entering the wrong verification code but I am sure I am typing it correctly> Is there something I'm missing here?

I have a few hours up my sleeve and I would love to get on there and post my thoughts.

Wait, they send the invites in the mail and not through the beta.myresistance.net site?

FUCK! The .Mac account I had set up for it has been out of commission for months, I could have gotten the email and not even know it. I just changed the email on my account to something I use, but I still could have missed it.

JS, if you got in would you be able to find out on the website as well as the email? If it is only the email I am going to be a sad panda.

M3Freak

Banned
efertlis just told me a bunch of you turds got in. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat!!! I'll see you guys online - I'm dying to here what you all think and if you'll agree with what efertlis and I have been saying.

Big-E

M3Freak said:
efertlis just told me a bunch of you turds got in. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat!!! I'll see you guys online - I'm dying to here what you all think and if you'll agree with what efertlis and I have been saying.

With the download speed I am getting, its going to be a while.

Madman

I can access the beta site, which congratulates me for being in the beta, but I never got an e-mail. I stopped getting e-mails from Sony awhile ago for some reason. I think I fixed it now by sending an e-mail to the support site, but no Resistance beta e-mail has shown up. Only a e-mail telling me what's in the PS Store this week. This sucks. :(

ChryZ

patsu said:
Where is the R2 beta feedback board ? I went to beta.myresistance.net. It looks like a public forum.
Go to http://www.myresistance.net ,if you're still logged in make sure to logout and then to re-login. I also wasn't able to see the private forum at first, but after this little trick it showed up (check the forum tab).

pswii60

So, I've missed a lot of the thread, but... If I buy Qore #3 now, will I be able to download the BETA, or am I way off the mark?

Snipes424

pswii60 said:
So, I've missed a lot of the thread, but... If I buy Qore #3 now, will I be able to download the BETA, or am I way off the mark?

The private beta is going on right now, which has nothing to do with Qore. If you pre order the game or an annual qore subscriber you get into public beta at the end of september and if you buy Qore #3 you get into beta at a later date.

FightyF

Banned
pswii60 said:

jstevenson said:
No.

Private Beta is now, and will rollout to select MyResistance Members

Public Beta =Late September, Pre-orders and Qore SUBSCRIBERS in first.

Qore Episode 3 buyers and signups in later.

I like how jstevenson's post from a few days ago answers your question correctly. "No." :lol

shagg_187 said:
I gave up hope...

I gave up hope long ago...although I registered for MyResistance.net long ago, I don't think I've ever posted there. I'm guessing that could be one of the criteria (ie. active posters there).

Wollan

Two new previews up:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ps3/resistance-2/preview-1241527

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance2/news.html?sid=6196653

Basically, what I learned:

- New Weapon: The Splicer, shoots 15 saw blades per round, alternative fire sticks a blade to the enemy which stays there until he dies. This leads me to..
- The game is much bloodier than the original
- Campaign, Co-op & Competitive earns you XP into one common Pool (so your character advances through any of these modes)
- Community site lets you create 'baseball' like cards (gamercards but with custom content), besides that they're quiet about the features
- In MP you choose your armament/weapons and 'berserks' which is temporary skills (rage..etc). So it's not a preset like last time.
- November 4th seems like it's the date

Firewire said:
That's nothing!

LBP, Socom Confrontation & Resistance 2 are stacked pretty close!

And Sony better not release Wipeout HD in that period!
Add bioshock, fallout, and motorstorm to that and I am totally broke : (

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Add bioshock, fallout, and motorstorm to that and I am totally broke : (

I'm holding off on Bioshock till after x-mass. Not sure if I'm going to get Fallout though, Motorstorm 2 is a buy for sure, it releases late Nov right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Firewire said:
I'm holding off on Bioshock till after x-mass. Not sure if I'm going to get Fallout though, Motorstorm 2 is a buy for sure, it releases late Nov right?
Motorstorm this October... seventh of October even...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Firewire said:
OMG! To many games within spitting distance of each other!
Really not a good thing IMO :(...

Top Bottom