• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Kittonwy

Banned
STILL NO NUTHIN RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

cry.gif

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
why do these grims need 5sec to start running after they saw you? wouldnt it be cooler if they would start rigth after they jumpt of a building? (you could do that nowadays i think)

Alias03

Kittonwy said:
STILL NO NUTHIN RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

cry.gif

Still don't have my beta code/email yet either... Starting to think it may not being coming. I dont think I've ever checked my email more in a single 7 day period ever! lol

Ploid 3.0

sankt-Antonio said:
why do these grims need 5sec to start running after they saw you? wouldnt it be cooler if they would start rigth after they jumpt of a building? (you could do that nowadays i think)

Since it's a game I figure that little pause give the player tim to assess the situation. Also it can be said that the grims like to growl and spit before they charge at a new target. Poor guys didn't have the luxury of a proper incubation and are left with a fried brain.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Ploid 3.0 said:
Since it's a game I figure that little pause give the player tim to assess the situation. Also it can be said that the grims like to growl and spit before they charge at a new target. Poor guys didn't have the luxury of a proper incubation and are left with a fried brain.

i would like a serious sam approach more (just the grims) plus they need a uniqe sound while running at you - there is nothing better in s. sam than hearing screams all around you and guys running straigth at you.

Ploid 3.0

Serious Sam is a different type of game though. It's more of a runn and gun, shoot first think next week (it seems to me).

Resistance 1 was a tense experience on more difficult settings. In R1 I could find myself with 1/4th health, no way to recharge it in the place I'm currently pent down, and auger equipted enemies shooting my way. If I'm even more unlucky and only have a round of shotgun shells, and 5 carbine bullets left I'd be in for some fun.

Now in R2, if I'm being bombarded from all directions, that slight pause could make things more playable and allow me to see that I was at fault for not surviving if I die. The ammo, and weapons might not be setup so you can blow it up, blow it up some more, then blow the living crap out of it Mercenary1 style.

Aeon712

Holy Crap so I get an email telling me to claim my beta code and am like Hells Yea R2....then I click it and its for Red Faction 2 beta :(.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Dante said:
:lol You love torturing us :p

well, ya know. Just got back from the Exhibitors GC party. Pretty awesome venue, a 19th century German auditorium, with a German cover band of 50s Americamn doo-bop style music... never thoughts I'd see the day something like that would happen in East Germany.

Ryan and I hung out with the COD guys, including Col. Hank (who I've covered on the paintball field). Good times.

We are showing new stuff tomorrow. I think we will hope to post the new promo video sometime then, and a bit of new gameplay footage showing our new weapon sometime next week (though you should hear about it tomorrow).

Dante

jstevenson said:
well, ya know. Just got back from the Exhibitors GC party. Pretty awesome venue, a 19th century German auditorium, with a German cover band of 50s Americamn doo-bop style music... never thoughts I'd see the day something like that would happen in East Germany.

Ryan and I hung out with the COD guys, including Col. Hank (who I've covered on the paintball field). Good times.

We are showing new stuff tomorrow. I think we will hope to post the new promo video sometime then, and a bit of new gameplay footage showing our new weapon sometime next week (though you should hear about it tomorrow).

Soo awesome, BTW are you guys going to be featured on another Qore? I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be R2 info in 3 episodes?

Is the promo vid kinda like a sizzle vid with gameplay, but no story elements?

tanod

when is my burrito
Dante said:
Soo awesome, BTW are you guys going to be featured on another Qore? I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be R2 info in 3 episodes?

Is the promo vid kinda like a sizzle vid with gameplay, but no story elements?

If you want story tidbits, you HAVE to check out the ARG going on right now. It's pretty damn awesome.

andycapps

Pristine_Condition said:
HAY GUIS!

I just got my invite.

Check your e-mails, GAF CLAN!

(One Happy Hijo)

Add me on PSN. If this is the start of the rest of GAF getting in, anyone else that gets in add me as well and we'll play.

Big-E

WTF. No email but I was able to log in to the beta.myresistance site and it says "Thank you for participating in the beta". Before when I checked it would say nothing. What is going on?

EDIT: Im a dumbass. I was checking my PSN email and not my GAP email. For some reason it got sent to the GAP one. I will be on RFOM 2 tonight. I have Canadians ready.

andycapps

Everyone keep in mind that beta feedback goes on the My Res beta forums. I'm sure everyone knows that, but just a reminder so no one gets in trouble.
gladtomeetya.gif

edit:

Pristine_Condition said:
Um...You are already on my PSN list.

Is your PSN the same as your username on here? I was just saying that to everyone on here so we can get a GAF clan together.

Big-E said:
EDIT: Im a dumbass. I was checking my PSN email and not my GAP email. For some reason it got sent to the GAP one. I will be on RFOM 2 tonight. I have Canadians ready.

I have BEERS ready. Is that the same thing as them Kanadanadians?

andycapps

careksims said:
Geeze... what bad timing for Efert to be out on the bench :/

Is Andycapps your PSN name?

I played with him a few days ago so it's unfortunate his PS3 went down. *Knocks on wood* Yeah, it's andycapps.

andycapps said:
Everyone keep in mind that beta feedback goes on the My Res beta forums. I'm sure everyone knows that, but just a reminder so no one gets in trouble.
gladtomeetya.gif

Right now, the beta feedback is in my pants. Making them oh, so tight. (I'm just anticipating finishing the DL)

andycapps said:
Is your PSN the same as your username on here? I was just saying that to everyone on here so we can get a GAF clan together.

Nope. I'm
HijoDelLocoRoco
on PSN.

ChryZ said:
w1yyc6.gif

*happydance*

You got yours?

YAY! It sounds like we're all getting them today. Just need to hear about Queegie, Sut, and Mr. Robert Cutlery, and we'll be getting the band back together.

EDIT: Oh yeah...except for Effertliss. [Pours out a 40 for my dead homie...]

JB1981

Holy shit I just got the invite!

FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!

*downloading right now, holy shit i'm so excited - this is such a surprise

Top Bottom