• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Kaako said:
These scans don't include the actual article and it should be FREE info for anyone to view: Sharing is caring my fellow members, always remember that. ;)

BYEBYE

They can ban me, but I did not include the actual article and I'll GLADLY take one for the team. 2008 officially starts NOW!

big%20boss%20salute.JPG

Dante

Francias Castiglione said:
No, there is plenty of normal mapping visible.

Normal mapping is high detail on low poly.

When you say normal mapped to hell, there obviosly would be hard edges around the sillhouettes which there are not.

And Poor Kaako :lol

Calcaneus

Well, those pics were sexy while they lasted. And since I wasn't here for the beginning of this thread:

HOLY SHIT OMG CAPS LOCK FTW CONFIRMED

!!!!!!!

Mifune said:
Looks good, I guess. I'll wait until I see some direct feeds before I shit myself, though.

Gotta say I have loads of faith in Insomniac.

Direct feed is going to be a far better indication. Scans made Gundam PS3 look like a CG movie :lol

Wow. The Chimera look really good, and the environments are much improved from the first game. I'm interested to know what sort of rip in the space time fabric a 60-person online multiplayer match will cause though.

Foil

Looks really good, much better than the first game, not KZ2 quality but damn good. I really want to see the human characters since in the first game they felt and looked too stumpy and short. Hopefully they've fixed that along with adding lots of awesome water, rain, snow (was already great), and weather effects.

Also hope they keep these three breeds or atleast something close to each.
resistance1-breeds.jpg

harSon

Banned
I'm starting to think that Sony's developers are on a completely different level :lol Awesome graphics are possible on the Xbox 360 (Gears of War and COD4) but Microsoft's developers can't seem to tap the power to save their life.

FirewalkR

SHIT! Megaton thread and i have to be afk for about 6/7 hours. Go on GAF, make me proud, I want 3000 posts when i get back!!!!

PS: Jstevenson is GOD!

theBishop

Banned
Dante said:

When you say normal mapped to hell, there obviosly would be hard edges around the sillhouettes which there are not.

Actually, they are soft-diffuse mapped using a dynamic occlusion buffer.

Dante said:

Yeah and while the head is reasonably high poly you can see it has normal mapping as well. The armour is quite clearly normal mapped. I am talking about the higher resolution version of the shots by the way, not the ones that have been scaled down.

chris0701

Quazar said:
So did surfer girl get anything right on details????

After seeing some pics,I would say Surfer Girl got something right..

I would wait to see the actual gameplay video/images to fine-tune my previous opinion.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Bossman said:
Resistance was mediocre (less than 90 points), so I don't think this will be any better.
HOLY SHIT! Less than 90 points? Where's my points-to-metaclorians coversion chart? And your rationale for you opinion is rivetting ... tell me more!

Seriously, you came into this thread to rain a shitstorm on everyone else, and that was the best you had?

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I really want to see these scans. it's not like I can just pick up the mag on the way home...

Wow... those screens that Kaaku (or whoever) posted were AMAZING. Much, much better than I had hoped for, actually. Just damn.

My only real concern is the "class" comment... surely we can still play as Chimera in multiplayer? I'll be more than somewhat pissed if I'm stuck with the weak, retarded humans.

Tieno

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I hope IG's writers include some sci-fi babble to explain why the Chimera look 100x more badass now. Plot hole total!
Because they're 'transformed' Americans? lol

In Resistance they took humans and transformed them into Chimeras, right?

Top Bottom