• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - E3 2011 Screens and Info

NHale

So the public beta is in August? That's not a great way to increase awareness for your game and it almost looks like Sony is giving up on this franchise.

Loudninja

NHale said:
So the public beta is in August? That's not a great way to increase awareness for your game and it almost looks like Sony is giving up on this franchise.
Huh? it this month.

Edit: I was wrong hehe.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
NHale said:

huh? what was our choice? we starting the beta next week for friends and family as we need to ramp up over the next few weeks before going wide.

obviously this wasn't our ideal schedule, but sometimes things are way out of your control and make running a closed beta when you want to impossible.

patsu

jstevenson said:
huh? what was our choice? we starting the beta next week for friends and family as we need to ramp up over the next few weeks before going wide.

obviously this wasn't our ideal schedule, but sometimes things are way out of your control and make running a closed beta when you want to impossible.

Go go Insomniac. Here's wishing you a smooth and fruitful beta ! I may be traveling for th next few weeks. When's the PS+ beta ?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
iNvidious01 said:
hey jstevenson, do ps+ get it early or is it just friends/family straight to public?

When public begins - it starts as Early Access for people in North America with SOCOM 4 Vouchers and in the EU - PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Vol5

Got burned from R2. Funnelling players down paths where you had no choice but to learn the enemy response was cheap and utterly destroyed any sense of immersion.

Fix that and I'm sold.

Loudninja

Expanding the Resistance Universe to Multiplayer
While seeing earth ravaged by the Chimera is fun (depending on your sadistic level), what’s really fun about the Resistance universe is the mind-bending alien technology that opens up doors to the impossible. I mean, there’s a weapon that creates a gravity well – sucking poor souls close to it into oblivion
http://www.insomniacgames.com/expanding-the-resistance-universe-to-multiplayer/

I he talking about the Atomizer?

Vol5 said:
Got burned from R2. Funnelling players down paths where you had no choice but to learn the enemy response was cheap and utterly destroyed any sense of immersion.

Fix that and I'm sold.
Nope look at the vid I posted above much more freedom, and thats not the whole level either.

Vol5 said:

Fix that and I'm sold.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first one, co-op'd it and completed it. But I REALLY couldnt get into the sequel at all. I dont know what it was for me that made me have an almost irrational hate towards it, but after a few attempts of trying to enjoy it, I sold it. Have never wanted to try it again.

Ill be curious to see how this one turns out, I like the story and the world its in and everything, but it wont be a day 1 for me.

Yay, I'm glad that GTTV is going to have some R3 stuff soon. Can't wait to see that. Also, can't wait to hear more about that objective mode. Should be cool.

Top Bottom