• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - VGA Trailer Discussion - September 6th, 2011

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ok dudes... insom is closed until jan 4th... so I may be sporadic.

but watch the ps blog tomorrow for something cool relating to this trailer.

and then on dec 29th, we will have a new episode of the full moon show on the ps blog... it's a great episode just recorded today with Marcus Smith (Creative Director) and Drew Murray (Lead Designer).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
gofreak said:
Here's what mr. stevenson was referring to:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/16/resistance-3-watch-the-vga-trailer-directors-cut/

A blog with a longer director's cut of the VGA trailer. Don't think there's any new gameplay footage, but extra live action stuff.
That was really cool. I like how the live action stuff is representative of actual scenes from the game. It gives a look at what they're going for without showing exactly how we'll see it in game. Most live action stuff for other games is loosely related at best. Doesn't feel like we're getting spoiled much either. I'd love for a Resistance movie or TV series if it was like the live action stuff in these trailers.

Well, it may have taken the entire generation to do it but the game finally has contemporary visuals.

Let's just hope no one who had a big role in the crafting of the R2 design doc is allowed near this thing.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just caught up with the screenshots posted yesterday - man, if the 'goliath attacks' one is in-game, then hats off to Insomniac.

5265425190_2207845bd7_b.jpg

My fave shot so far. I know it's been rendered out at some crazy resolution originally, but if it's otherwise legit... :) Love it!

I almost wish the live action scenes were gonna be used in the game. The direct transition they used from the footage to gameplay was very cool.

If anything, I hope they at least put all the live action stuff on the disc for viewing.

Pai Pai Master said:
I almost wish the live action scenes were gonna be used in the game. The direct transition they used from the footage to gameplay was very cool.

If anything, I hope they at least put all the live action stuff on the disc for viewing.
Yes! I said this earlier but they are so well done. Put that shit on the disc, Insomniac! Hell, I'd probably pay a few bucks if they released a series of live-action shorts on PSN.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ashes1396 said:
Kodachrome. That's the other word I was thinking of. Jeez... finally... :p
Kodachrome + Cross color + Color aberration == R3 awesomesauce.

jstevenson said:
ok dudes... insom is closed until jan 4th... so I may be sporadic.

but watch the ps blog tomorrow for something cool relating to this trailer.

and then on dec 29th, we will have a new episode of the full moon show on the ps blog... it's a great episode just recorded today with Marcus Smith (Creative Director) and Drew Murray (Lead Designer).
Gonna guess there will be new info right?

Happy holidays to all the folks at Insomniac Games!

J2d

Not even in my wildest dreams did I ever think that Resistance 3 would look this awesome, the fuck happened at Insomniac?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone else feeling District 9 influence coming off this new footage... looks fucking amazing either way.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ICallItFutile said:
Resistance 3 at PAX East confirmed yet?

I'm not sure if Sony is having a booth this year, or doing something like they did last year with the PlayStation Blog meet-up and gameplay stuff.

So nothing confirmed yet.

But I will be in Boston.

-that said... if you are in, or live near or easily accessible to Southern California... you should keep a close eye on our twitter feed in the next week or two.

Loudninja

PlayStation Monsterpedia: Fangs for the Memories
Codename: “WIDOWMAKER”

Height: Varies; size difference assumed to be based on varying maturity
Weight: Varies
Natural habitat: Unknown; Chimeran in origin
Defensive mechanisms: Toxic, caustic saliva; barbed fore talons; thick, chitinous armor
Weaknesses: Heavy artillery
Appears in: Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 3

BEHAVIOR:
The Widowmaker is the largest known feral Chimera, a wild spider-like predator that spits caustic saliva at any foes it cannot stab with its razor-sharp tarsi. Its appearance on the battlefield requires immediately engagement by all nearby units, with high casualty rates reported for both human and Chimeran forces. Widowmakers are generally solitary creatures, though scattered reports have indicated the possible existence of clans of Widowmakers stampeding through the wilderness.

Unlike the young Widowmakers Nathan Hale fought in England, fully grown Widowmakers are nearly impossible to defeat with conventional weaponry, though high explosives can prove effective. Initial data suggests that combatants that focus on the creature’s face first, then its weak points as it reacts, suffer lower casualty rates.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/20/playstation-monsterpedia-fangs-for-the-memories/#comments

Loudninja

Upcoming Novel to Bridge Gap Between Resistance 2, Resistance 3
We wanted to be the first to bring you the exciting news that the Resistance series is expanding again, this time with a second novel from science-fiction author William C. Dietz. Resistance: A Hole in the Sky is set in the aftermath of Resistance 2’s finale and Lt. Nathan Hale’s death, and follows Resistance 3’s hero, Joseph Capelli, on his journey right up until the beginning of Resistance 3. For those of you who have been wondering about what happened after the shocking climax of Resistance 2, you won’t want to miss A Hole in the Sky when it releases this Summer from Del-Rey Books.

For those of you wondering what’s going on with Resistance 3 itself, you’ll be happy to know that we’re super busy preparing both Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One for an upcoming media demo in London followed by the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco next month. We’ll be sharing new screenshots and gameplay video, and press will get their first hands-on impressions of both games. To keep up with all the latest, follow us on Twitter or “Like” us on Facebook.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...bridge-gap-between-resistance-2-resistance-3/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AAK said:
I was actually scared I was going to see something like this:

resistance-fall-of-man-video-game-resistance-girl-small-63298.jpg
So fucking scary.

Enco

The game looks amazing.

The physics and graphics are stunning. Much better than R2 which I feel was a step down from the first game.

Can't wait.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just looked at the little sizzle reel we are putting together to release from the event.

So stoked to see what you guys think.

Given that we'll be showing in London, might be releasing it middle of the night US time... trying to get more details on embargoes and the like.

Ratchet is going to be sweet there too... some really cool new stuff. Was just out in North Carolina yesterday checkin it out.

Top Bottom