• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - Gamespot First Look

Wollan

Thanks to Knorrie at official RES forum for the info.

1up said:
On September 8th, EGM and 1UP will feature Insomniac's Resistance: Fall of Man on The 1UP Show with exclusive new video footage and an office tour where we talk to the developers. Ever wondered what a nearly complete PS3 launch game looks like? We'll have more than enough new stuff to show you.
Then come back on September 12th for our in-depth impressions on new features such as co-op play, vehicles, multiplayer matches and much more. For those of you who can't wait that long and want impressions of the game now, also be sure to check out the October issue of EGM with Guitar Hero 2 on the cover.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153386&did=2

Sounds very extensive. Can't wait.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
llTll said:
you cant wait for 3 days to get a video. what you are doing while waiting for the ps3 to be out?

i am the same as you. i am dying, this and DMC4 in the same day?

Oh crap two games in one day.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

llTll

Banned
Wollan said:
Going(from Australia). I'm just pulling your chain there buddy, it's not that far of the PS3 launch(~2.5 months).

assuming there is no delay for Australian Ps3

bawahahaha pay back for you going to TGS and leaving me alone

So I guess we're not getting a Resistance update from anybody including Gamespot and IGN until Friday? That would suck, but at least it's coming.

Wollan

Rice-Eater said:
So I guess we're not getting a Resistance update from anybody including Gamespot and IGN until Friday? That would suck, but at least it's coming.

You already got their updates I believe. They already said(at least Gamespot) that the next time you will see info is from the TGS show floor.

BuddyC

Rice-Eater said:
It sounds like the information is going to be staggered. 1UP Show will have some stuff the 8th, then a full blowout up the 12th, and other outlets will likely follow that.

Kangu

Banned
BuddyC said:
It sounds like the information is going to be staggered. 1UP Show will have some stuff on the 8th, then a full blowout on the 12th, and other outlets will likely follow that.

Where did you hear this news?!?!?!??!!1one1!?

Link please or I'm calling BS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rice-Eater said:
Some new Resistance footage

http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/index.html?locale=en_GB

Go to the heading called "PS3 Stories" and watch the video called "Real Time". Towards the end of the trailer you'll see new Resistance footage. It looks even better then the Gamespot footage IMO. Worth a watch for those looking forward to the game.

Looks excellent, thanks.

LOL at the voice over. It's completely vintage Sony. Wheels are rolling again. :D

Wollan

Looks like they have speed up the automatic rifle. Or at least it rattles really fast now compared to before. The game just keeps looking better every day. I liked the scene where the dropship dropped the payload.

teiresias

The specs on the page also reiterate the 2x BRD drive (for those that were engaged in that ridiculous speculative thread earlier), and we know the HDD is SATA as well (not much of a surprise, but I know someone was wondering if it was SATA or not).

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
it's getting ridiculous having these increasingly realistic looking FPS with increasingly realistic physics...and then having to play then with such an archaic interface. Playing CoD2 on X360 is a ****ing nightmare and I prefer playing CoD on my PC on the worst settings imaginable (to get some kind of stable fps).

i almost want all PS3 and X360 FPS to be shit just so I don't feel disappointed that I cannot play these games with a good interface

Elios83 said:

wow that was ****ing ludicrous

untitled1nd2.jpg

untitled1mh0.jpg

untitled1dn7.jpg

untitled1gp5.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
MrSardonic said:
it's getting ridiculous having these increasingly realistic looking FPS with increasingly realistic physics...and then having to play then with such an archaic interface. Playing CoD2 on X360 is a ****ing nightmare and I prefer playing CoD on my PC on the worst settings imaginable (to get some kind of stable fps).

i almost want all PS3 and X360 FPS to be shit just so I don't feel disappointed that I cannot play these games with a good interface

wow that was ****ing ludicrous

interface? what do you mean?

Wax Free Vanilla said:

At first, I thought I'd clicked on a call of duty thread when I saw those and thought; Hmm, COD is moving along nicely.

Well, it's looking pretty good... I imagine the weird double vision thing is a result of you pulling screencaps off the trailer rather than something that resistance does.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Anybody working on grabbing just the resistance part of that "camera 02" movie? I can't believe you have to sit through that guy's morning gym routine just to see 10 seconds of resistance footage.

REV 09

this is the best footage so far...i wish it wasn't edited so quickly from shot to shot, can't really get a feel for anything, it's more or less a sequence of 2 second gifs.

Zaptruder

Banned
MrSardonic said:
the controller basically

What if it supports KB/M?

Personally, I think a better controller would give the analog functionality of a stick for movement, with the more precise manipulation provided by the mouse...

Not sure how you'd design something like that though...

Wollan

No 1st party fps game will ever support KB/M I would believe. They have to push the consoles own controller not to mention the game is depending on waggle.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MrSardonic said:
the controller basically
*shrug*

Sucks to be you, I suppose. I love using a controller to play FPS games. The only exception would be high speed multiplayer titles where mouse aiming actually becomes necessary. For single player FPS titles, however, I much prefer using the controller. It provides a smoother appearance and allows for perfectly accurate aiming (mouse level aiming isn't required for anything but the fastest games).

jarosh

dark10x said:
*shrug*

Sucks to be you, I suppose. I love using a controller to play FPS games. The only exception would be high speed multiplayer titles where mouse aiming actually becomes necessary. For single player FPS titles, however, I much prefer using the controller. It provides a smoother appearance and allows for perfectly accurate aiming (mouse level aiming isn't required for anything but the fastest games).
i can't believe you're serious

Top Bottom