• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resonance of Fate rated by German classification board for PS4 and PC.

Akuza89

What is with all these JRPG's coming back all of a sudden.

Next up will be infinite undiscovery!

Still, resonance of fate was quite good, so I'll keep an eye on this.

xrnzaaas

I usually don't play jRPG's, but I liked the game for its setting even though I had problems understanding the battle system. :)

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I bought a brand new PS3 copy some years ago but i have yet to try it. I have heard many people calling it one of last gen's hidden gems.

Javthusiast

Banned
Great news.. but come on square, where is OG Nier remaster? The ip finally has hype behind it. More than Resonance and Last Remnant.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I really want to get into this on PS3 but the combat made me feel like a legitimate moron. I might give it another shot if it comes to North America.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
My dream come true!!!

And is really amazing because today i see the intro of the game and i wish that come in ps4.

Amazing!!!!

One of the cult videogames that more people should play (like gravity rush saga).

And one of the best RPG Modern and Original of the PS3, the Soundtrack is amazing and the cast is such great...

I Never finish the game for lack of time in study but i Will buy it again.

This game was my reason to buy a ps3.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Will buy, the iq was pretty bad on PS3 so a Remaster would be fantastic

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Very nice to see. At least some studios are slowly bringing their back catalog to modern platforms. There are a bunch of other studios that I'd like to see doing this, but baby steps for now I guess.

Isa

I'd be interested in this. I have it but only played the very beginning. I remember a funny part and then other games took over my time. What I find weird is that many people seem to be quite fond of the game. Back when it came out and after I recall impressions being underwhelming. Granted I think the reviews weren't kind, but that's a whole other can of worms. What about it did you guys enjoy so much? Was it mainly the battle system or were the story and characters or music also pretty good?

Heimdall_Xtreme

I'd be interested in this. I have it but only played the very beginning. I remember a funny part and then other games took over my time. What I find weird is that many people seem to be quite fond of the game. Back when it came out and after I recall impressions being underwhelming. Granted I think the reviews weren't kind, but that's a whole other can of worms. What about it did you guys enjoy so much? Was it mainly the battle system or were the story and characters or music also pretty good?

Resonance of fate is one of the best ps3 rpg games that i play it.

The cast is amazing, i love Reanbell and she is my main.

About the battle system... to be honest is confusing and hard in the begining, its take the time to understand and get used to the combat system, once understanding the gameplay is very good and strategic.

I Have to quit the game, not for hard... even i was in chapter 5, i quit for the university.

The Story is so elegant and the OST Is the same compositor of Gravity Rush= Magnificent

Tri-Ace is one of my favorite Company of RPG, The same of Valkyrie Profile.

i Give to the game a 9, and if you can play it in Japanese voice. (Never trust in any review) I give 9 because the only bad part is the Puzzle unlock level of the Story its original but with the time will take time get one of the puzzle pieces to unlock the path of the story.

Its like Valkyria Chronicles in the past, is a underrated game that no one know it in the generation, that with the time become a cult videogame.

EDIT: Was my first import game, because in my country never come and it was hard to find

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The tri attacks were hard to do. I bought it digitally on PS3 years ago.

It has some nice aesthetics. Sometimes I felt like it was difficult knowing what to do next and finding out how to save the game took me a good 20 minutes. Other than that the battle system is a lot of fun. I liked changing the main character around instead of always looking at a single party member.

spectyre

I would buy this again. I loved this game on PS3. If I recall correctly, the battle system was really frustrating for like the first 6 hours into the game. Once you "got it" it had a seamless and satisfying flow to it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Experience the adventure in full 4K or HD in 'Resonance of Fate' for PlayStation®4 / STEAM®. The acclaimed tactical gunplaying role-playing game is back in all its glory.

It will launch digitally worldwide on October 18.

ROMhack

Still can't get my head around it. I own it on PS3 and it was a fairly decent game but not one I'd expect people would be chomping at the bit to play again.

Maybe Sega know something I don't.

Ogami

Neo Member
Still can't get my head around it. I own it on PS3 and it was a fairly decent game but not one I'd expect people would be chomping at the bit to play again.

Maybe Sega know something I don't.

They had a poll going on like a year ago or so which games people would love to see on Steam.
And Resonance of Fate was pretty much in the top bracket of wished titles. Together with stuff like Bayonetta, Vanquish and Yakuza.
Which already got new releases on Steam.
So it makes sense.

Last edited:
really enjoyed the original but it felt like a proof of concept where resonance of fate 2 would have been great. Still, if you like spending all your money on teen fashion, this is the game for you. (Meant in a positive way).

I really wanted to like a steampunk JRPG but that battle system and exploring the world on hexes weren't appealing at all. Think I played an hour before shelving it forever. Still have the disc around, I know people say it's good. Maybe should give it another chance.

For anyone who has beaten it, would you say the story is better than something like a Tales game or a Star Ocean? As someone who has fallen pretty hard out of love with modern JRPGs, I need more than anime tropes (even as someone who loves anime) to pull me into one these days.

Next up will be infinite undiscovery!
Oh! The one with the flute-playing hobo MC. I hated that. Still want to return to it and finish the post game content though, thanks for reminding me.

I like the game but there was a lot of people who complained about not getting the battle system. I wonder if they are going to address that. I don't know if those people did the tutorial or not. Maybe it should be forced so people don't review bomb the game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just spotted it on the store, £28.99 Digital?
Fuck that.

Heimdall_Xtreme

i truly want to play resonance of fate and even i can buy it, but not to this Price, actually i was thinking that Will be in 19.99$ or even 24.99$, but not for 34.99$ and trust me guys, i love the game and i wish streaming such much.

Even not for more of 20$ i spend for a Digital game. If the case was Physical edition no doubt i Will buy it.

I want support to tri-ace. Because the make a Amazing game (Valkyrie profile)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
i truly want to play resonance of fate and even i can buy it, but not to this Price, actually i was thinking that Will be in 19.99$ or even 24.99$, but not for 34.99$ and trust me guys, i love the game and i wish streaming such much.

Even not for more of 20$ i spend for a Digital game. If the case was Physical edition no doubt i Will buy it.

I want support to tri-ace. Because the make a Amazing game (Valkyrie profile)
You never got a chance to play? If you have a 360 or PS3, you could probably pick up a used copy for much cheaper than $35.

mcz117chief

The game is fine but it draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags like crazy. I have it as my "podcast game" and it still bores me most of the time. Although some parts are really fun. I never did finish the game and I doubt I ever will.

Heimdall_Xtreme

You never got a chance to play? If you have a 360 or PS3, you could probably pick up a used copy for much cheaper than $35.

Yeah, actually i got in PS3 (was my 5 game of Premier PS3), =) But i Never finish for the University and Work, actually i only reach chapter 5.

And well i wanna pick for the HD and 4k versión, but more because a like a lot Streaming my gameplays and Screenshot xD

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah, actually i got in PS3 (was my 5 game of Premier PS3), =) But i Never finish for the University and Work, actually i only reach chapter 5.

And well i wanna pick for the HD and 4k versión, but more because a like a lot Streaming my gameplays and Screenshot xD
That's fair. I'm hoping that SEGA perhaps releases an Asia-region physical copy that also includes english menus. I'd like to pick this up, but the cost for a digital copy is too high.

Eh I can't play it in 1080p full screen. Force closes immediately. HOpefully they fix it so I can buy it, if not fuck it. I have my hands full with Trails series anyway

Top Bottom