• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Restaurant birthday songs should go away.

Blade2.0

r52cm55.png
But it isn't fun. And you know the employees want to kill someone Everytime.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
When you get older, you get to host your own birthday parties because you’re married to someone who insists birthday parties are still a thing when you’re a man in your thirties, but then when you’re about to win that argument she has your child basically on your birthday so there’s no getting around the birthday thing and not only that but now we spend all sorts of money on hosting literally dozens of friends and family and....

anyway yeah I get real upset about singing when I’m at Red Robin

Last edited:

Daxter32jak

I specifically tell my son and whoever I’m dating during that year to not do that. It’s the cringiest thing known to man.

I remember Bubba Gump Shrimp would make the birthday boy/girl get on tables and dance idk if they still do that doe

quickwhips

I know this might sound lame but some kids dont get cool birthdays and little things like staff singing can go a long way to brighten a little kids day.

jadedm17

But it isn't fun. And you know the employees want to kill someone Everytime.
I serve tables. I dont mind, worst part is getting help from other servers who will inevitably ask you to help them sing. Lol

Its like 15 to 30 seconds, its fine. Servers are whiny and lazy by default so F most of their feelings. (Again, yes, im a server. Their laziness has no limits sometimes.)

I did a short stint at an Outback almost 20 years ago, it was the only restaurant I've ever worked for that had mandatory singing. That shit is terrible, the staff hate it, and so do 95% of the guests.
I was bartending even then, we didn't really have to do it back there thank god.

haxan7

Banned
It was cool when I was in this fancy steakhouse with work people and some fat Italian dude came and sang loudly in this huge baritone voice for someone's birthday. He had the power to carry it off well and it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. I think he was the owner or a manager.

I don't think that's too common though.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess I don't get out much - I haven't witnessed this in person in the last 15 years.

bronk

Banned
I love when they sing happy birthday to me. The staff hate it and it pisses everyone off so it makes me happy.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I agree, but only if Happy Birthday is replaced with a song announcing that the couple at the table are getting a divorce.

lil puff

Agree.

My mom used to do this shit to me when I was young, even when I told her I did not like it or want it.

Now - when you tell someone you don't want a fuss on your birthday, and they do it anyway, they're just thinking about their fucking selves. What is this, some sort of compensation for internalized self guilt?

I hate when I say "no" to something, and the response is, "are you sure... you sure??"
Um, yeah. I just said no. Pretty simple.

termos

Banned
I usually go to one of restrau in my town and they celebrate customer birthday , give cakes and no bills for that person and people do this even when there is no birthday just to get free cakes lol .. your thread is correct why these birthday should be in restrau ...

Top Bottom