• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Restaurant Owner To Be Deported - His Wife voted for Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anticol

Banned
voting should be a right once you proved you are smart enough to do it, like a driving, people at 16 at allowed to drive but they need to take a test in order to prove they are actually able to do it.

Soroc

Wait she voted for Trump, so she is a citizen. And this man is her husband. Why can't he just get on a path to citizenship? This story leaves me very confused...

commedieu

Banned
voting should be a right once you proved you are smart enough to do it, like a driving, people at 16 at allowed to drive but they need to take a test in order to prove they are actually able to do it.
Good idea in theory.

But imagine the Republican questions.

1. Are you white?

After that the system locks you out.

Boylamite

Yeah DHS/CBP should get their priorities straight.

When Dems have full power they should kick out all previous trump voters and make America a liberal utopia free from bigots. Annex Saskatchewan or something and send them all there.

/s
We don't want your trash. Now, an international effort to stuff all the deplorables into a huge rocket and launch it directly into the sun? That's something I think the world can get behind.

ZOONAMI

So, a class on filling out a ballot? They do that at the polling station if you have questions.

The GOP already does this with voter suppression efforts. The test is, how white are you?

ZOONAMI

We don't want your trash. Now, an international effort to stuff all the deplorables into a huge rocket and launch it directly into the sun? That's something I think the world can get behind.

Yeah much better plan. Could probably convince them they have a VIP ticket to the first colony on Mars.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do people get savage pleasure out of the fact that someone related to a person who got deported voted for Donald Trump?

jay

Good idea in theory.

But imagine the Republican questions.

1. Are you white?

After that the system locks you out.

I'm not sure it's a good idea in theory. The assumption that intelligence leads to virtue is a large leap, to name one of the many issues.

A class would just lock out people who can't afford time out of their day to take it, it's voter suppression. The GOP would actually love that since minorities are the ones that would be hurt the most.

Do people get savage pleasure out of the fact that someone related to a person who got deported voted for Donald Trump?

Why not? I mean, I feel bad for everyone who is going to suffer under orange 45's terrible reign, but these idiots literally did it to themselves. He could not have been any more clear about how much he hates everyone who isn't a white male.

norm9

I'd like a similar kinda deal but instead of proving you are smart enough to vote, I'd like a simple graph that explains what the ramifications are for what you're voting. Not in the large scale, like 24 million will lose their shit. Yeah, that's bad, but these simpletons need it dumbed down and brought to the individual level, like you are thinking about voting for a guy who wants to build a wall. Here's the math- it's impossible to do. Would you still like to vote for this person? Are you 100% sure? Let these people know how it will affect them personally if they vote for whatever it is. Shouldn't be difficult. Doubt everyone will read it, but maybe some people will. Or I'm just giving idiots too much credit.

I wouldn't call it savage pleasure. If I tell my little nephew he's gonna hit his head and cry if he has a paper bag over his head and spins in circles, and he still does it? Nah, it's not exactly savage pleasure.

CDX

Roberto and his wife, Helen, were visiting Niagara Falls that year and accidentally crossed into Canada.

As someone that has crossed that specific border crossing many times. How does that accidentally happen?

You have to cross The Rainbow Bridge over water, to cross the US/Canadian border at Niagara Falls. The bridge has US and Canadian flags on it. Even if they crossed the border in Buffalo NY on their way to Niagara Falls, they'd still have to cross the Peace Bridge.

....Did they just not realize Canada was on the other side of the bridge?

commedieu

Banned
I'm not sure it's a good idea in theory. The assumption that intelligence leads to virtue is a large leap, to name one of the many issues.

In a perfect world, in context, it would be about the issues you're voting on.

But it would only lead to abuse, and there are other avenues to pursue to get the same results like cracking down on campaign lies and sponsorship that would have the same desired results.

You're right, it's not the best idea.

dpDBxWx.jpg

I somehow missed this. Dumb.

Helen says she agrees with the President’s stance on the issue.

“We don’t want to have cartels here, you don’t want to have drugs in your high schools, you don’t want killers next to you,” Helen says. “You want to feel safe when you leave your house. I truly believe that. And, this is why I voted for Mr. Trump.”

But Helen doesn’t understand why her husband is among those being detained. She says he’s an upstanding business owner who’s in the process of applying for a green card – not a criminal.

It's almost like we should already have laws about those.

"My husband is being deported!"

GAF: "Get fucked, Trump voter!"

Nominee Trump: "I vehemently hate illegal immigrants and will build a wall to keep them out, while destroying sanctuary cities and massively increasing the number of ICE agents..."

Person whose spouse is an illegal immigrant: "Oh boy, Donald J. Trump sound like the right person to make america great again. I'm definitely voting for him."

Sorry, but my sympathy only goes so far.

Nafai1123

Banned

I'm not sure it's "savage pleasure," but there is no doubt some satisfaction in seeing someone who makes a bad decision directly face the consequences. Just like those videos where some douche driver does something stupid and immediately gets pulled over, or a bully immediately regrets his bullying when some bigger kid comes to stand up for the other kid.

So...yeah, voting for Donald Trump because you "like his immigration plans," only to have your husband deported not even 3 months into his Presidency, is a rather satisfying example of accountability catching up with someone.

I feel pretty bad for his kids. Their mom was dumb enough to vote for the guy who is gonna deport their dad. That's gonna be an awkward Thanksgiving.

"My husband is being deported!"

GAF: "Get fucked, Trump voter!"

No sympathy. She has none for the rest of us immigrants so why should I feel bad? I'm terrified myself of being deported and this dumbass with an illegal immigrant husband votes for the dude who says he's gonna kick out all the immigrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom