• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retail PlayStation VR2 packaging unveiled by Unwire.HK on loan from Sony.

https://today.line.me/hk/v2/article/VxWBEmy
PSVR 2 (PlayStation VR 2) will be launched in Hong Kong on February 22, and the editorial department of unwire has received the real PSVR 2 street version loaned by Sony PlayStation today. Waiting for the editor and everyone to see the detailed appearance of the PS VR 2 package. Note that PS VR2 needs a PlayStation 5 host to drive.
w1200

w1200

w1200

w1200

w1200

w1200

w1200

w1200

Looks like the packaging has been finally greenlit to be revealed.

Only 14 days left until launch before you can see it yourself.

REVIEW

The package is mixed imo. I think they are using too many angle folds, it will make it a bit difficult for the customer to open without a tool, knife, or scissors.

Considering the stuff inside is going to be packed in something, maybe Spyrochrome or whatever material they use, there's no need for such tough to rip angle folds.

But color contrast is pretty good, there isn't much art but the CG photos of the headset and controllers are well blended with the white background except on the back part of the box, where they are a bit blurry and off-tone, but generally good.

The bottom of the box has one inconsistent diagonal tear line across it as seen in pic 6, and it's got a preview mirror on the top right for the bar code. because of the closeness this will probably be the best and least messy way to open the package, instead of the top. A bit strange, however, it gets the job done.

The 'PS5 required' message is only easy to see from the front, which may make it difficult to remind consumers if they pick up the box incorrectly, which is unsafe. In fact, if the unsuspecting person is shopping, or a parent that doesn't keep track of tech information like this, the box may be on a shelf or in a pile not facing frontways. Usually people who walk to the register already have the mind to buy and don't inspect when they are in the middle of the transaction, and this goes double if they are buying for someone else. If an old lady, or football mom, or collared-shirt business dad, picks up the box from the sides or back, they will not have the knowledge a PS5 is required, and if they or the person they are buying for does not have a PS5 already, this becomes a Fatal mistake.

I was going to give this box a 8, but after that major last negative this is clearly a 4/10. Sony you are better than this.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Fun fact... Many years ago, my job was designing cardboard boxes (corrugated cases).....

And even I wouldn't review a cardboard box (especially as this is the sleeve we see, the box is inside)

Last edited:

Fake

I expect package review user score bombing.

LABO was ahead of his time.

Last edited:

Danknugz

strange that they were only willing to loan it to him and not just give it, are they really that worried about 500 dollars?

edit: strange that they would only loan him just the box 📦

Last edited:
Top Bottom