• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If it's a joke than it's the cruelest one ever, dot50cal permaban would be in order

If it's real, then I see myself tripledipping for whatever stuff they add

edit
voltron said:
Oh shit:

READ THIS POST

fuck you cal

jackkrauser.jpg

"It pretty much means you're on a tight leash"

Sectus

There's just too much proof of this being an obvious hoax.

The Horror has a tradition of having an april fools each year, usually with a serious tone showing some basic "proof" and then saying it's false some days later. (one year he claimed he was going to sell his site, another year he claimed he got a cease & desist from Capcom because he was distributing beta copies of some RE game) He also mentioned on the forums he didn't like people saying it's a hoax and he preferred people to just play along.

His own youtube account shows some similar modifications of RE4.

It's been known for a long time RE4 has had several abandoned features which you could enable via debug code (like thermal vision or slow motion). And there's also been lots of savegame editing and memory editing to achieve all kinds of stuff (like being able to play as any character in any part of the game... it's very buggy but a few of the characters like Hunk play bugfree the majority of the time). The stuff he's shown isn't very different: debug mode has already been known and shown lots of places, the "classic" camera is already in the game if you play the Japanese version and play as Ashley, playable Hunk has been possible a long time via savegame editing, the replaced enemies is something I haven't seen before but it sounds feasible by hacking the game. And replacing textures is a nobrainer thanks to the PC version.

And of course, the most obvious thing of all. He started the hoax days before 1st April and has been slowly revealing new stuff the following days, and now he says he won't reveal anything new before next week (and of course, next week it'll be April and then he'll finally admit it's just a hoax and people will start to cry).

M3d10n

Is that a hacked GC version? The PC version dynamic lighting doesn't look like that, and the cutscenes are MPEG videos taken from the GC version, so custom clothes and skins don't show up on them.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
U K Narayan said:
Not unless Capcom says anything about it.
Capcom said it was fake, they don't have a building in San Francisco, box art doesn't get "worked on" in their US building, etc.

Draft

Dude is a known faker.

Videos are convincing but not OMG this is flawless convincing.

I hope that God punishes him.

Grecco

voltron said:
Explain the videos then oh so wise one. And I want more than just a "hax" answer. Technical details or it doesnt happen.

this

Draft said:
Dude is a known faker.

Also come on a video camera off a TV screen.

Draft

skinnyrattler said:
So, should I be allowed to just say, 'Buy the Wii version' in this thread if people tell me to keep dreaming when I ask for RE5Wii or GTA4Wii?
Yeah why don't you do that.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Good point, but thats not entirely the truth. I suppose I can say now that the Hunk mini-game in that video is actually on a debug copy I was given. Its clearly not finished, as you can see by Hunk's name not even appearing on the bar. I was asked not to share it unless I made it seem as if it was fake, but the contact who sold it to me has since vanished so I see no point in holding back info about it now. Obviously the title screen was a mock up made by me, though as it has no title screen or any normal way to access it.

The reason I took this classic edition so seriously is simply because of the Hunk Mini-Game he mentioned. From what hes told me its extremely similar in premise to what was left on this other version. I can't wait to do a feature on it now though, if just to see how much its changed.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT

"uh it turns out that my fake WAS ACTUALLY REAL I JUST COULDN'T SAY IT BEFORE"

Sandman7

Draft said:
Dude is a known faker.

He will be eaten by a zombie while playing RE5. Poetic justice n'all.

Draft

Dot50Cal said:
If it comes to that, then it comes to that. But let it be known, I didn't bring this topic to the boards over here :lol
The polished veneer of your treachery begins to chip.

I shall savor your banning.

You deserve no less, for what you've done to me.

Draft said:
The polished veneer of your treachery begins to chip.

I shall savor your banning.

You deserve no less, for what you've done to me.

we will drink his blood and shit into his neck. his ass should hurt every april from know on.

Top Bottom