• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage: PS Vita version hitting retail

Spinoff90

Paid the extra for the 3-5 day shipping to Canada. Hadn't checked the tracking in a few days and figured it might be arriving today so just checked on that. Instead I was greeted with this.

May 3, 2015 , 2:51 pm
Departed
London, UNITED KINGDOM
Your item departed a transfer airport in Heathrow, London, UNITED KINGDOM on May 3, 2015 at 2:51 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 2, 2015 , 6:47 pm
Departed
Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
May 2, 2015 , 8:53 am

*SNIP*

Should I be contacting Fan Gamer? The e-mail with the shipping confirmation has the right address so there shouldn't have been a mistake with that. But there is no logical reason why it should have gone from LA to London when I am in Calgary. London, Ontario I could understand since a lot of imports tend to go through the East first. But London, England?

Still no update with the tracking so tried calling USPS who were no help at all. Can't tell me where the package is and then after being passed around from person to person tried to blame FanGamer for putting the wrong address on the package. But Canada Post who would take over the package in Canada show that a shipping label destined for Canada was created on April 30th if you put the tracking number into their site. So it obviously must have a Canadian address on it and no reason it should have gone to England.

Decided to order a copy from VGP after getting off the phone to avoid the risk of not getting a copy at all since who knows where the other package has ended up. Sucks that what is a $30 US game is now costing me over $120 at the moment thanks to somebody in a post office somewhere that doesn't know basic world geography or something. Wish I would have known VGP were getting some before ordering since it is cheaper and I would think Canada Post will know Canada well enough not to send the package off to England. If the other one does show up I guess I could do a return to sender and just be out the shipping cost since FanGamer say they won't refund the shipping cost on their faq. Or might be better off just seeing if a friend wants it. I have never sold anything on Ebay.

BN7if18.jpg

If it doesn't show up at all I would assume they would refund it right? Never dealt with FanGamer to know if I am in for a customer support headache or not.

Sadly still not the most I have spent on a Vita game. Between the cost of it, the shipping cost and then getting hit by UPS brokerage fees the Technika Tune Limited Edition sure didn't come cheap. But it was worth every cent.

Shizuka

Contact Fangamer and ask for a refund or a replacement copy. If they refuse to do either of those, call your credit card and try to cancel the charge. It's an extreme measure, but you shouldn't be paying for something you didn't receive.

Spinoff90

Contact Fangamer and ask for a refund or a replacement copy. If they refuse to do either of those, call your credit card and try to cancel the charge. It's an extreme measure, but you shouldn't be paying for something you didn't receive.

Yeah if it doesn't show up at all I will contact them about a refund and hopefully that goes smoothly. Assumed a replacement wouldn't be possible since they sold out which is why I ordered the second copy from VGP to be safe. Will give it a week or so to see if anything ever does happen with the package. Does say it departed London from that last update from May 3rd so somebody on that end might have noticed the error and sent it on the way here. So that would take a few weeks if it ended up in the basic postal service instead of the express international it was supposed to be. But not too promising when USPS don't have the slightest idea where it has gone and could only confirm they did indeed send it to England.

Shizuka

Yeah if it doesn't show up at all I will contact them about a refund and hopefully that goes smoothly. Assumed a replacement wouldn't be possible since they sold out which is why I ordered the second copy from VGP to be safe. Will give it a week or so to see if anything ever does happen with the package. Does say it departed London from that last update from May 3rd so somebody on that end might have noticed the error and sent it on the way here. So that would take a few weeks if it ended up in the basic postal service instead of the express international it was supposed to be. But not too promising when USPS don't have the slightest idea where it has gone and could only confirm they did indeed send it to England.

Even if it's a limited run, any respectable company keeps a few copies reserved for replacements or damaged copies. You played safe by ordering a copy from VGP+ and you won't have to worry about that now, but it makes it even easier for the to issue a refund in your case.

I am seeing them on eBay and the prices are all over the place. At least one was $40 with a minimal shipping fee. So if anyone misses an official way to buy new, you might be able to hit ebay for very little mark up -- for now. Other listings are up there already.

Glad I snagged this. I want to collect for the Vita in the future as the physical games come down in price. This is one you can't wait on, though.

My copy is waiting for me at the post office, will pop in tonight on the way home from work. Already got the game digital, but wanted this to go alongside my PS4 retail copy.

Carnby

Check out the eBay listings. There are multiple "buy it now" listings for 30 to 50 dollars. This version isn't going to be sought after like the PS4 version, no matter the rarity.

Shizuka

Check out the eBay listings. There are multiple "buy it now" listings for 30 to 50 dollars. This version isn't going to be sought after like the PS4 version, no matter the rarity.

I thought the PS4 print was 1800, that alone can make it more rare than this one, not to mention that it's too soon and the "300 leftover" was a clever move to counter early scalpers.

Top Bottom