• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RetroGOG: Use GOG Galaxy 2.0 to Play and Track Your Retro Games

Boy Lag

Neo Member
Im having problems with the snes plugin.
While it works great the first time. When closing galaxy and the relaunching.
The launcher gets stuck at a random percentage when importing.
Only way to fix it is to force close galaxy in task manager.
Havent tried the other ones yet seeing as I have mostly SNES set up right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles jshackles , appreciate as always the work you do. Issue I'm seeing is apostrophes preventing games from being discovered. Found the issue while wondering why the latter DKC games and Pugsley's Revenge weren't being added to GOG despite showing up in Retroarch's list. Changing the name of the files corrected the issue, but Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt can't show up via database without the apostrophe. Is that something that can be fixed easily in Python?
There is definitely something going on with games that have an apostrophe in their name, but I think this might be a bug with Galaxy itself. Everything on the plugin side appears to be working as intended and logs show that games with apostrophes (I used Atari 2600 Yar's Revenge in my testing, along with several others) are all importing correctly and being correctly added to the library like they're supposed to be.

I'll keep testing and see if there is anything else that can be done from the plugin, might have to put in a support request with the Galaxy developers though.

Im having problems with the snes plugin.
While it works great the first time. When closing galaxy and the relaunching.
The launcher gets stuck at a random percentage when importing.
Only way to fix it is to force close galaxy in task manager.
Havent tried the other ones yet seeing as I have mostly SNES set up right now.

How many games do you have in your Retroarch library? Another user mentioned they were having this issue when they tried to use Galaxy to load several hundred games at once.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
RetroGOG got featured on

(top billing in the Community, Emulators section too!)

Development update: I've sent 8 different platform's achievements on to GOG, hopefully they'll add them to their database. They seem to be taking their sweet time with it.
Are they communicating with you? (GOG, I mean).

jshackles

Added support for both Nintendo DS Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS Nintendo 3DS

0u1wwPE.png

Are they communicating with you? (GOG, I mean).

Yes but through the "Friends of Galaxy" contact who is passing all the information back and forth.

Last edited:

Yadorato

Neo Member
Thanks a lot
jshackles jshackles , I was looking everywhere for this, but somehow it sin`t working for me. I Have complete US romsets for most of the systems, but as soon as I reset galaxy and connect each platform, it won`t show any of my roms. Any Idea how can I solve this ?

jshackles

Thanks a lot
jshackles jshackles , I was looking everywhere for this, but somehow it sin`t working for me. I Have complete US romsets for most of the systems, but as soon as I reset galaxy and connect each platform, it won`t show any of my roms. Any Idea how can I solve this ?
When games are added to GOG Galaxy, there is a pretty resource-intensive process that happens between the GOG client and the GOG back end servers. Essentially, your account is associated with every game that's been added and each game has it's metadata downloaded from GOG's DB server.

Because of this, I've been doing some testing and have found that adding about 50 games (or less) is currently the ideal way of using these integrations. Typically, adding more games than that can cause the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client to crash. So adding complete romsets to this, at least for the time being, is ill advised. Hopefully the Galaxy client and/or my plugins can be updated in the future to handle this process a bit more smoothly.

petey212

Neo Member
Hi Jshackles,

Love the plugins! Great work so far.

Just checking that my install is working correctly though, if a game doesn't exist within gog's list, what's meant to happen? The reason I ask, I've added ds, gb, ps1 and snes and the only one that's pulled in the full list of games is ps1.

Thanks!

Pete

SpideyBR

Neo Member
I've seen that SNES using the bsnes core didn't import anything, but using the Snes9X core worked flawlessly. Any requirement from the core that the integration requires?

For example, RetroAchievements requires some memory APIs that are optional that the bsnes core also doesn't support.

jshackles

I've seen that SNES using the bsnes core didn't import anything, but using the Snes9X core worked flawlessly. Any requirement from the core that the integration requires?

For example, RetroAchievements requires some memory APIs that are optional that the bsnes core also doesn't support.
There aren't any specific core requirements, just be sure to update the user_config.py file to point to that core's DLL file. Also if the games aren't importing into GOG, first make sure that they are successfully importing into Retroarch.

Boy Lag

Neo Member
Im wondering if there is a way to recognize network drives?
The bulk of my games are on a Freenas enclosure.

Ive also been noticing that when you have a lot of games and the importing crashes the plugin.
That python scripts continue to run after I force close got galaxy.
After doing this everything runs fine on next start.
Hope that helps a bit.

petey212

Neo Member
There aren't any specific core requirements, just be sure to update the user_config.py file to point to that core's DLL file. Also if the games aren't importing into GOG, first make sure that they are successfully importing into Retroarch.

Not sure why some are imported and other's aren't, only thing I can think of is that the games that aren't being picked up can't be linked to an entry in Gog's database because I haven't cleaned up the names yet.

Also, I noticed that Gog have a Commodore 64 entry, is this on the cards? That would be pretty cool 😀

UOVrwat.png

ajtwxt9.png

RudN7mh.png

rpgHkba.png

ZCNvhQH.png

7WTx6PN.png

aGCwCpN.png

7B2MrKH.png

petey212

Neo Member
Just tested renaming and that's worked for some of them so I think I was right.

Only one I can't get to work now is Bionic Commando for Gameboy. The game doesn't exist according to Gog. I wonder what db they are using as their source?

jshackles

Only one I can't get to work now is Bionic Commando for Gameboy. The game doesn't exist according to Gog. I wonder what db they are using as their source?
Interesting findings, I'm going to dig into this a bit more. I have noticed an issue with parsing some games that have an apostrophe in the name (python doesn't like that they're not escaped) but that doesn't look to be the issue here exactly except for maybe Bowser's Inside Story. Your SNES game file it's probably hitting too many fuzzy results on a lot of those entries. "chrono" probably works because there are very few games that have that in the title besides Chrono Trigger. But GOG definitely isn't going to be able to database match "MARIO" to a particular games (Super Mario World? Mario Is Missing? Mario Paint?).

The database they're using according to my sources is a custom fork / API integration from

JHorbach

Neo Member
Hello jshackles jshackles I really liked your plugins, but for some reason the games don't show in GOG, the plugins connect normally, but nothing shows up (The consoles show in GOG but with no games), in the first I thought the problem was that my library has a lot of games, but after that I tested recreating a playlist of NES just with 3 Mario Games (they are all no-intro named and Retroarch recognize them just fine), and even this way no results, I suppose I did something wrong in the config file.

This is my config file for NES, the roms are in "D:/Emus/NES/" and the Retroarch .exe is in "D:/Retro/" the retroarch folders are default ones... In the NES rom folder there are only the three Mario roms and I deleted my old big playlist file in Retroarch and created another with just the three games to make sure. Doesn't work either. I don't know if I did something wrong, and a really appreciate if you could help me.

# Enter the path for your roms and RetroArch here. Be sure to add a "/" at the end of each path.
# example:
# emu_path = "C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/RetroArch/

rom_path = "D:/Emus/NES/"
emu_path = "D:/Retro/"

# Enter your core DLL file here, be sure to include the file extension
# example:
# core = "mesen_libretro.dll"

core = "nestopia_libretro.dll"

Last edited:

Artrios

Neo Member
This is awesome! I have noticed though that when hovering over games their name appears outside of the name box

AndrewPK200

Neo Member
Hello jshackles jshackles I really liked your plugins, but for some reason the games don't show in GOG, the plugins connect normally, but nothing shows up (The consoles show in GOG but with no games), in the first I thought the problem was that my library has a lot of games, but after that I tested recreating a playlist of NES just with 3 Mario Games (they are all no-intro named and Retroarch recognize them just fine), and even this way no results, I suppose I did something wrong in the config file.

This is my config file for NES, the roms are in "D:/Emus/NES/" and the Retroarch .exe is in "D:/Retro/" the retroarch folders are default ones... In the NES rom folder there are only the three Mario roms and I deleted my old big playlist file in Retroarch and created another with just the three games to make sure. Doesn't work either. I don't know if I did something wrong, and a really appreciate if you could help me.
I'm Having the same problem, trying having the games in different locations does not appear to make a difference,

Last edited:
I just discovered GOG galaxy. I hated having 6 different apps to go to, to access my games. Now all in one place with a great interface, makes PC gaming more enjoyable. This retro support makes it even more awesome!

jshackles

This is something I've been working on:

JLEncJP.png

The goal of the application will be to have an easy installation wizard for all of the various plugins. It will detect that you have GOG Galaxy 2 installed, and will search automatically for the default Retroarch installation. Once it finds your Retroarch install (either automatically in the default place, or by you specifying a path) it'll search your playlists to see which plugins you need then automatically download those plugins and configure them. It'll also check your Retroarch config to make sure you have play time tracking enabled. Once the wizard has stepped through everything, you'll be able to launch GOG Galaxy 2 and then "Connect" the plugins which will start loading up a list of your games.

The whole thing should be pretty slick when it's done. You'll even be able to run it multiple times (if needed) for example like if you add a new system to Retroarch and need the wizard to download and configure a new plugin. I'm trying to make it as "user friendly" as possible, to take out the need for downloading plugins with weird names, editing text files, or diving through your user profile. Of course, when I'm ready to release it I'll be doing so on Github and the source code will also be available.

jshackles

Awesome!! If you need any help with testing I would be happy to lend my time! I have GoG on several machines here and could do a decent smoke test for ya if you ever need it.

Thanks for working on this!
Yeah that'd be helpful, thanks for the offer! For other apps like this I've wrote in the past, usually NeoGAF is my willing beta testers. :messenger_fire:

jshackles

I've added support for

PlayStation 2 PlayStation 2
TurboGrafx-16 TurboGrafx-16
3DO 3DO

to the plugin repository. I believe this is the last set of intersecting systems that are fully supported by Retroarch that are included in the GOG Galaxy API. The only other systems with GOG ids are NeoGeo, ColecoVision, ZX Spectrum, and Commodore 64. However, none of these system have database entries in Retroarch which means that playlists won't be automatically generated which means GOG can't pull API data for these systems.

Now that these have all been generated, I can include them easily with the install application I'm working on.

jshackles

I just released version 0.3 of RetroGOG

• It is no longer necessary to specify ROM path in user_config.py file
  • Application now supports all viable Retroarch playlist types which have a corresponding GOG Galaxy 2.0 platform id
  • Preparations made for new configuration wizard
There are some pretty fundamental changes in this release to how RetroGOG handles rom files. This should allow the plugins to work with a lower memory footprint, and it also means you no longer have to have all of your rom files in the same folder per system, they could be literally from anywhere or a mix of folders.

"Preparations made for new configuration wizard" = the windows application I'm working on that is designed to be easy to get everything up and running. I've got it working now where it will automatically download plugins directly from the web (based on what systems you have in Retroarch) and configure them. It still needs a bit of work to tidy up before it's released in beta. Here are a few screenshots of the work-in-progress to keep you all held over until then!

0IouPng.png

Agir17H.png

These two screens (and the opening screen I shared before) are essentially the entirety of the program (there is one other "advanced" screen to select cores if multiple cores are installed per system).

In addition to that, I'm working on one other super-secret piece of the puzzle that should help bring the whole thing together beautifully. More info on that soon!

jshackles

The RetroGOG installation / configuration wizard is now available in the Github repo

This is very much still a "work in progress" application, but the basic functionality was there so I thought it'd be good to at least get it out the door and working. I've got a lot of plans for the application itself moving forward, but that can be iterated in the future.

Would love to hear some feedback from users.

XmlfREn.gif

Last edited:

JHorbach

Neo Member
Hello man, I've just tested your new program, it found both Retroarch and GOG 2.0 just fine, I them selected just a fresh N64 Playlist (with just a couple roms to not overwhelm the system) but it gave me this error in response:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at RetroGOG.frmPluginSelect.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RetroGOG
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Torrent/RetroGOG-master/RetroGOG.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
System.IO.Compression
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

jshackles

Hello man, I've just tested your new program, it found both Retroarch and GOG 2.0 just fine, I them selected just a fresh N64 Playlist (with just a couple roms to not overwhelm the system) but it gave me this error in response:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
RetroGOG
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Torrent/RetroGOG-master/RetroGOG.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
System.IO.Compression
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Interesting. In your Retroarch playlist folder, what is the name of the playlist file there?

JHorbach

Neo Member
Nintendo - Nintendo 64.lpl

Bellow the content copied from the file.

{
"version": "1.4",
"default_core_path": "",
"default_core_name": "",
"label_display_mode": 0,
"right_thumbnail_mode": 0,
"left_thumbnail_mode": 0,
"sort_mode": 0,
"items": [
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Super Mario 64 (USA).z64",
"label": "Super Mario 64 (USA)",
"core_path": "DETECT",
"core_name": "DETECT",
"crc32": "3CE60709|crc",
"db_name": "Nintendo - Nintendo 64.lpl"
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Paper Mario (USA).z64",
"label": "Paper Mario (USA)",
"crc32": "A7F5CD7E|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Mario Tennis (USA).z64",
"label": "Mario Tennis (USA)",
"crc32": "4E9560F6|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Mario Party 3 (USA).z64",
"label": "Mario Party 3 (USA)",
"crc32": "B7445DDC|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Mario Party 2 (USA).z64",
"label": "Mario Party 2 (USA)",
"crc32": "E58A1955|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Mario Party (USA).z64",
"label": "Mario Party (USA)",
"crc32": "4D60ABE5|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Mario Kart 64 (USA).z64",
"label": "Mario Kart 64 (USA)",
"crc32": "434389C1|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA) (Rev 2).z64",
"label": "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA) (Rev 2)",
"crc32": "32120C23|crc",
},
{
"path": "D:\\Emus\\N64 GOG\\Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA).z64",
"label": "Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA)",
"crc32": "B428D8A7|crc",
}
]
}

Last edited:

jshackles

J JHorbach I think I found the issue. Try re-downloading the exe and seeing if the new version fixes this issue.

Sorry for the trouble!

JHorbach

Neo Member
It works now, but I have the same problem I did when I manually configured the plugins, no games are listed. I've tried a bunch os systems (NES, SNES, N64) my games are correctly named by No-Intro standards (you can see it on the playlist file I posted), unzipped, but it doesn't seems to work, I'm from Brazil, so my GOG is in Portuguese, maybe something isn't recognizing within GOG and the Roms, I really don't know what to do.
etNGIqq.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Weird, that should definitely work with the playlist you posted. Once the plugin is connected in Galaxy (and with Galaxy still open), can you try deleting that playlist file and having Retroarch regenerate it?

What should happen is the games will get noted by Galaxy and be added to your library.

AntsaK2

Neo Member
This plugin really is awesome! Thank you so much!

I got everything else working just fine but my GBA library
gives this error:

mscorlib
RetroGOG
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/antti/Downloads/RetroGOG%20(1).exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Is it something in my end?

Deanobro

Neo Member
Great work jshackles jshackles .

This is just what I'm looking for. I see your list of future features includes GUI functionality.
Is that close to fruition? Or would I be better off firing up a Python editor and setting up manually?

jshackles

Great work jshackles jshackles .

This is just what I'm looking for. I see your list of future features includes GUI functionality.
Is that close to fruition? Or would I be better off firing up a Python editor and setting up manually?
Thanks!

The GUI application is available now (RetroGOG.exe on the Github repository) and it seems to work fairly well although I have a lot of features planned for it going forward. It's definitely the easiest way to set everything up at the moment.

AntsaK2

Neo Member
The RetroGOG installation / configuration wizard is now available in the Github repo

This is very much still a "work in progress" application, but the basic functionality was there so I thought it'd be good to at least get it out the door and working. I've got a lot of plans for the application itself moving forward, but that can be iterated in the future.

Would love to hear some feedback from users.

XmlfREn.gif

When I add games through your tool they won't anymore record playtime.

I had previously added games manually (without platforms) and thay recorded playtime just fine.

Do you have any idea what this could be?

jshackles

When I add games through your tool they won't anymore record playtime.

I had previously added games manually (without platforms) and thay recorded playtime just fine.

Do you have any idea what this could be?
Make sure that your Retroarch settings are such that it's saving the runtime log in aggregate. (Saving per core is optional but is ignored by RetroGOG).

F2b9U8K.png

Launching the game through GOG Galaxy should record play time automatically and immediately. Launching the game outside of GOG, it may take a bit (depending on how many games you have) to catch up.

AntsaK2

Neo Member
Ye
Make sure that your Retroarch settings are such that it's saving the runtime log in aggregate. (Saving per core is optional but is ignored by RetroGOG).

F2b9U8K.png

Launching the game through GOG Galaxy should record play time automatically and immediately. Launching the game outside of GOG, it may take a bit (depending on how many games you have) to catch up.

Yes Sir, that was the issue. Thank you so much!

I also posted 4 messages above one problem with my GBA library not working with your installer. Do you have any ideas what could cause that?

Deanobro

Neo Member
Thanks!

The GUI application is available now (RetroGOG.exe on the Github repository) and it seems to work fairly well although I have a lot of features planned for it going forward. It's definitely the easiest way to set everything up at the moment.

Thanks for the reply.
I looked at your Github earlier and DL'd the .exe (I should have checked there before making this post).
It added the cores to GOG just fine but my playlists/Games aren't showing in GOG.
I deleted the integrations and re-ran your .exe but same result.
Any suggestions?

JHorbach

Neo Member
Thanks for the reply.
I looked at your Github earlier and DL'd the .exe (I should have checked there before making this post).
It added the cores to GOG just fine but my playlists/Games aren't showing in GOG.
I deleted the integrations and re-ran your .exe but same result.
Any suggestions?
I had the same problem, this was the solution:
Weird, that should definitely work with the playlist you posted. Once the plugin is connected in Galaxy (and with Galaxy still open), can you try deleting that playlist file and having Retroarch regenerate it?

What should happen is the games will get noted by Galaxy and be added to your library.

jshackles

Yes Sir, that was the issue. Thank you so much!

I also posted 4 messages above one problem with my GBA library not working with your installer. Do you have any ideas what could cause that?
Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Boy Advance is still a bit... tricky. GOG Galaxy's API only has a single entry ID ("gameboy") that all three of those plugins use and share. So obviously this can cause problems if you have multiple Game Boy systems installed or connected.

The error that you got though, it almost looks like you don't have the latest version of the exe. Can you try re-downloading from Github and see if that fixes the issue?

AntsaK2

Neo Member
Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Boy Advance is still a bit... tricky. GOG Galaxy's API only has a single entry ID ("gameboy") that all three of those plugins use and share. So obviously this can cause problems if you have multiple Game Boy systems installed or connected.

The error that you got though, it almost looks like you don't have the latest version of the exe. Can you try re-downloading from Github and see if that fixes the issue?

I downloaded the latest version but I still get the same message and this error log:

mscorlib
RetroGOG
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I also don't have any other Game Boy libraries than 4 GBA games.

jshackles

I downloaded the latest version but I still get the same message and this error log:

mscorlib
RetroGOG
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing
System.Configuration
System.Core
System.Xml
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I also don't have any other Game Boy libraries than 4 GBA games.
OK thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely be looking into this.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I just never coded in the information for GBC or GBA, just regular Game Boy.

Last edited:

jshackles

I've updated RetroGOG to v0.4

• General release and availability of the new configuration wizard
  • Fixed parsing issue with apostrophes in game names
Huge thanks to AntsaK2 AntsaK2 and J JHorbach (whose issues should both now be fixed in the latest release)

Last edited:

AntsaK2

Neo Member
I've updated RetroGOG to v0.4

• General release and availability of the new configuration wizard
  • Fixed parsing issue with apostrophes in game names
Huge thanks to AntsaK2 AntsaK2 and J JHorbach (whose issues should both now be fixed in the latest release)

Yay, my GBA library installed with no problem.

Thank you so much for this installer. It really is a godsend!

Top Bottom