• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Entire Senate to Attend Briefing on North Korea at White House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So wasn't a test of some kind expected today considering it's a big anniversary? Hate say it but I think Trump made NK blink.

Calling north Koreas bluff has never been the issue. The consequences of doing it are the issue. Right now is especially dangerous since Kim does not believe his inner circle is loyal. Ultimately this could end up being a test of how close his generals are to being able to form a coup.

Three generations of kims have been careful to ensure that doesn't happen by comparentalizing and frequently murdering them for suspicion and often just for show.

You want to be a general asking a potentially loyal general if he wants to plot against Kim?

You sure can't email or call each other and Kim will reward snitches.

KingBroly

Banned
So wasn't a test of some kind expected today considering it's a big anniversary? Hate say it but I think Trump made NK blink.

The problem is that Fat Boy is not right in the head. He already off'd his brother because he thought people were getting close to offing him. You can't reason with a guy like that.

We, as outsiders, have no idea what's going on right now besides what we're being told, for good reasons and bad. Good because we don't wanna signal to the enemy what we know or what we're doing. Bad because it makes us nervous.

brian577

Banned
Calling north Koreas bluff has never been the issue. The consequences of doing it are the issue. Right now is especially dangerous since Kim does not believe his inner circle is loyal. Ultimately this could end up being a test of how close his generals are to being able to form a coup.

Three generations of kims have been careful to ensure that doesn't happen by comparentalizing and frequently murdering them for suspicion and often just for show.

You want to be a general asking a potentially loyal general if he wants to plot against Kim?

You sure can't email or call each other and Kim will reward snitches.

Forgive my ignorance but what does loyalty have to do with the expected nuke test?

Stinkles

Forgive my ignorance but what does loyalty have to do with the expected nuke test?

NK cannot modernize or reform because it's government is built around a single note scam

They cannot oust him in a coup because he mortars people all the time

He's surrounded by educated elites who know the clock is ticking on the scam but it's too personally dangerous to attempt an ouster.

They are now worried that an incompetent us administration may not care about the shelling or nuking of Seoul and may take catastrophic preemptive action.

This is NK 101 but the Trump administration may be the crazy one this time.

studyguy

Keep in mind, everything that is occurring this week will drop all at once before the week is out as it caps off his 100th day.

I'd say it sounds tinfoily to assume Trump wants to inundate the news by the end of the week, but frankly they're looking for wins wherever they can find them as they're devoid of any substantive legislative victories.

Expect something on NK, tax reform and (assuming they don't shit the bed) patting themselves on the back for whatever federal spending bill they put out
ignoring the fact that making a budget isn't meant to be some bureaucratic hail mary.

ftfy

fGSiaAJ.jpg

the hands are too big :(

Stinkles

Keep in mind, everything that is occurring this week will drop all at once before the week is out as it caps off his 100th day.

I'd say it sounds tinfoily to assume Trump wants to inundate the news by the end of the week, but frankly they're looking for wins wherever they can find them as they're devoid of any substantive legislative victories.

Expect something on NK, tax reform and (assuming they don't shit the bed) patting themselves on the back for whatever federal spending bill they put out
ignoring the fact that making a budget isn't meant to be some bureaucratic hail mary.

Not tinfoily at all. He claimed he was going to do taxes the budget and healthcare by Wednesday. He's flailing. And Obama stole all his headlines today. He's going to do something crazy this week.

Hold on to your butts.

So I've been watching Thae Yong Ho videos lately and he seems to think NK will collapse within 5 years. Lets see if Trump can keep his dick in his pants for that long.

Not tinfoily at all. He claimed he was going to do taxes the budget and healthcare by Wednesday. He's flailing. And Obama stole all his headlines today. He's going to do something crazy this week.

Hold on to your butts.
Not entirely correct his AP interview made the rounds. Granted the interview was a disaster and a new low for him. Truly ramblings of a clueless 70 year old mad man that clearly has some deep rooted mental issues related to his ego and amplified by the fame. Basic information that was common sense to a lot of people are major revelations that he is only just now realizing.

Also don't forget he is going to try and push for the wall to be in the budget. Just hope that the craziness of.this week doesn't overshadow any revealing info from the Sally Yates testimony.

brian577

Banned

It was for their 85th founding anniversary, they were going to do something today regardless. Better this than a nuke or missile test which is what is usually done.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39701481
North Korea is celebrating its army's 85th founding anniversary on Tuesday. It marked the event with a large-scale firing drill, South Korea said.

It was for their 85th founding anniversary, they were going to do something today regardless. Better this than a nuke or missile test which is what is usually done.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39701481

I think it is pretty likely we will see another underground nuclear test soon. It has been reported in a few places that there are recent satellite images suggesting they preparing for one, and may already be ready for a new test.

North Korea May Be Preparing Its 6th Nuclear Test

Volleyball games appear to take place at North Korean nuclear test site

hobozero

I think it is pretty likely we will see another underground nuclear test soon. It has been reported in a few places that there are recent satellite images suggesting they preparing for one, and may already be ready for a new test.

North Korea May Be Preparing Its 6th Nuclear Test

Volleyball games appear to take place at North Korean nuclear test site

No nuke test is almost worse. It could imply that they are saving what devices they have built for actual use.

brian577

Banned
The latest intelligence reports say there haven't been any unusual movements. Calm the fuck down and stop with the ridiculous speculation. They are not battlefield testing a nuke!

Yep I can't recall when NK attacked the US or sent terrorist over here. Something in NK must be something he wants bad.

This stupid president goal is to bomb every continent and see if anything happens. I wouldn't be surprise if this fool went after some South American country next or Cuba. Africa countries too weak to do anything then again he hates Obama with a passion so...

Trump must have seen Olympus has fallen and thought it was a documentary.

But I hope this is just grandstanding. I am sick of all the fighting in the world.

jstripes

Banned
Yep I can't recall when NK attacked the US or sent terrorist over here. Something in NK must be something he wants bad.

This stupid president goal is to bomb every continent and see if anything happens. I wouldn't be surprise if this fool went after some South American country next or Cuba. Africa countries too weak to do anything then again he hates Obama with a passion so...

The North Korea situation is the geopolitical equivalent of a NeoGAF "I've had a bright red sore for a week that leaks and hurts when I poke it, what should I do?" thread.

studyguy

Something about Donald the Dove.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/857322651399983104
SAO on North Korea: "What you’ll see soon is...the military preparations that are under way" Declines to go into detail when pressed

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/857320450925481990
#China now views #DPRK as a threat to its interest and security, "that's a big shift," says sr. administration official.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/857323542324629505
SAO on “Trump doctrine”: "I think what he’s done is recognized that there’s a cost associated with inaction” pointing to Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom