• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reveal your subscriptions list... if you dare!

danielberg

Neophyte
only amazon prime and only after i discovered they have the expanse which i wanted to watch for a while binged all 3 seasons lol maybe i am crazy but the show is better than game of thrones especially season 2 and 3.

Last edited:

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Amazon Prime, Netflix w/UHD 4K options, Marvel Unlimited, DC Universe, Xbox Live w/ Game Pass, Origin Premium, Google Music, NordVPN, Disney+ in the fall.

Don't really care about the costs, I get my moneys worth from the services I use.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
Netflix
Hulu
Prime
5 bucks a month to patreon for PCperspective
nfl sunday ticket (if I ever miss a bears game I go into deep depression)
switch online
Gaf gold

Gargus

Banned
Amazon prime for movie streaming and free shipping.

Netflix for streaming and dvd/blu ray rentals. Especially the discs since I can get movies not streaming on Netflix or anywhere. Get new movies to watch and so on. I don't need another service with netflix streaming, the discs, Amazon primes streaming.

Playstation plus. Sure I can play games online but I get it during sales each year for 50 bucks which is less than 5 dollars a month. I get 2 games a month at no additional cost of which I always play at least one which negates the cost, plus the psn store discounts. By using ps+ I actually save more than it costs each year.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Curiositystream (lots of mediocre docs but nice background viewing material - would recommend at least checking out the trial)
Cable TV (comes with Crave which is our Hulu I guess)
PlayStation Plus
Xbox Game Pass PC
NYTimes
Toronto Star/Wall Street Journal combo subscription

I also used to have EA Access for a bit but I‘ve lost interest in their games for now
Will also check out Ubisoft’s upcoming service I suppose

edit: Forgot YouTube Premium. I don’t like their originals but it’s worth to completely rid myself of viewing commercials

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Spotify
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Nintendo Switch Online

Every once in a while I sub to Netflix, only to cancel it the next day, because I don't care about films or TV.

Amory

I have way too many. Most of which I should probably cancel.

YouTube Premium (for zero ad videos and picture-in-picture mode on my Android phone. It's the best $10 I spend every month)

Netflix & Netflix Blu ray

Amazon Prime (purely for shipping, I basically never watch their content)

PS Plus & Xbox Live Gold (I need to drop these. I basically only play on PC and Switch now and I only subscribe to PS and Xbox to keep my free games library which I never play anyway)

Nintendo Online

Hulu (which I don't use but it includes Spotify, which I use very much)

Giant Bomb Premium (don't watch their stuff much anymore but I love those guys and I want to keep supporting them)

FiOS TV (fiancee likes regular old TV. I also need it to watch Celtics games)

Google Play Pass (it's $2 and I'm just checking it out for a few months. Very unlikely I keep it)

That...might be it? I'm getting Stadia at launch for some reason so I guess I'll be adding whatever premium Stadia tier soon.

Last edited:

Banned
I've cut a lot down and here's my list as of today:

Xbox Live
Apple Music(free with Verizon)
Netflix

SpoopySpeedster

Neo Member
Currently:
Spotify
Hulu
Showtime (these last three are in a $5 student bundle so keeping that as long as possible)

Netflix (I get this when I hear of good titles from them)

Nintendo Online (yearly)

Previously I had subscriptions to Shudder, Cartoon Network, Crunchyroll, Xbox Live Gold, and Philo

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You mean like Subscribed threads?

Mine is pretty normal.

BzxtOlD.png

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Amazon Prime (yearly---mainly for free shipping as I don't shop in stores)
Nintendo Online (yearly---came with Smash Bros)

I feel liberated!

Last edited:

Dural

Prime - ($119/year) For the free shipping.
YouTube Premium - ($0/month) It's pretty much free for answering questions through Google Opinion Rewards app, great for music.
Gamepass Ultimate - ($???) Not sure what I paid, got in on that deal in June for really cheap. I do the Bing rewards thing daily, so get live for free normally.
Nintendo Online - ($???) Came with Mario Maker 2 which was $55.99, likely not subscribe after the year is up.
Area 51 IPTV - ($5/month) Fuck cable and satellite tv!
NordVPN - ($72/3 years) Charter needs to stop spying on what I'm doing!
Plex - ($60/lifetime) Had since the beginning, most used subscription. Friends and family also connect to my server.
ABCMouse ($30/6 months) My 6yo daughter uses it, gonna cancel the subscription in Dec.

I feel like I have something else but can't think of what it is.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I’m not putting ad blockers on my phone sorry. Plus, premium allows you to play music while your phone is locked
There's an add on called Video Background Play Fix that allows youtube videos/music to play when your phone is locked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greedings

PS+
Netflix
Amazon Prime (but I get that for free)

Thinking of ditching PS+, I barely use online any more, and the free games aren't really worth it.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Netflix -- mom's
Hulu -- shared with a friend and we use the 12 dollar a year deal with ads so cheap
Origin access on PC -- only 30$ a month
PS+ -- only ever bought the 40$ a year cards during Black Friday.
Amazon Prime -- mom's

That's it and since most is paid for by or shared with others I basically only spent 76$ a year for all my subs.

Nightrunner

PS+ (Black Friday deal)
Netflix and Prime Video only for a month when they've accumulated some shows I wanna watch. I sub for a total of 4 months per year with 2 per platform.

ROMhack

Spotify is the only thing for me and I use it daily .

I don't like subscription services because they make me feel like I should be doing something I don't want to. Stressful and bad for mental health.

Last edited:

Tenaciousmo

Internet services - 68.20$
Cellphone - 51.12$
Netflix -18.68$
Amazon Prime - 7.57$ / month (90.83 a year)
PlayStation Plus - 4.25$ (got a deal for 50-51$ for a year.)
Humble Bundle Monthly - 18.87$(varies depending on the canadian dollar.)
Gym - ~15$/month (10 months at 12, 2 months at 29 per year)
Electricity - 50$/month in summer, new place , don't have numbers for winter/fall yet. expecting ~200/250$ per 2 months.

Phase

PS+
Xbox Live
(cancelling soon, xbox sucks now)
Spotify (use it so much, this one's most worth for me)

Using family's Netflix.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

YouTube Premium $11.99 (?)
Car $500
Apartment $780
Gym $40

That's it. I used to have Spotify, Netflix, PS Plus, stuff like that, but I reduced them only to things I actually use and "need" every day.

Dark Star

Netflix
Spotify
Hulu

Netflix has always been pretty great with movie selection, most of the original shows are decent. Hulu has some good content, but I'm very selective when it comes to the original shows (like Castle Rock, Mr. Inbetween, and The Act). Spotify is a fine way to stream albums and newly released music, but I listen to mostly underground music that is free on SoundCloud/YouTube, so I don't use it much.

I don't pay for these services personally, but my sister does, so I just leech off of her accounts when a good movie or show gets released lol. I'm totally content with not using any streaming services, because I'd rather spend my entertainment time reading good books or playing story-driven videogames.

However, HBO Now and Amazon Prime are very tempting, but few people invest in them as daily-drivers. Likewise, never bought into PS+ or other popular gaming services like that. I don't see the long-term appeal in services that only offer like 2 good shows/games to watch/play every month.

Last edited:

Katsura

Youtube premium - I have adblock solutions on all devices but i figured this way the people i watch still get some money
Nintendo online - Cheap, i like the NES and SNES additions and Tetris 99 is fucking awesome. Those vouchers aren't bad either
pCloud - Dropbox alternative with more privacy
Tutanota - End to end encrypted email service
GAF gold
Bitchute - Bronze monthly, when i remember to renew since it's cryptocurrency. Mostly to support a Youtube alternative
Gamepass - Just too good a deal to pass up
Strive - Italian and Spanish football. I had another Danish streaming service for EPL and CL football but they kept raising the price (like twice in 6 months) while losing rights to other sporting events so i cancelled. Now i usually either just find a random CL stream or get some cheap IPTV
Adguard mobile - Content blocking and DNS filtering on iphone? Yes please

I think that's it

Last edited:

Caffeine

xbox live 3 months for $3.33 each. its not on renew though. I dont really leave any recurring. just when I feel like it I sub. i just had another free month of netflix that ended. and prime instant video which was also free ends on the 29th.
I use spotify free in the browser and seem to never get ads. unlike the desktop app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom