• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rewrite (anime/tv) |OT| Key VN transformed into beautiful anime once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkark07

Banned
Lucia. No way, they got my best girl.

On another note, Kagari is really stealing this anime. She should have started talking since episode one. Amusing how she defeated so easily Kaguya.

Cornbread78

I wish we got more of this throughout the whole season. Good character interactions, clear story direction and good comedy. The "booty call" gag with Kagari was pretty funny stuff. I just hate how the beginning of this show was a mess and the ending is sure to be rushed leaving a ton of stuff unexplained..

Cornbread78

Damn, so much shit going on all at once in this episode. If they really did a proper adaptation, this might have all made more sense, but since this is more of a showcase summary of the VN, this was obviously rushed and slopped together.... such a shame that this show has turned out this much nonsense.

todd360

Damn, so much shit going on all at once in this episode. If they really did a proper adaptation, this might have all made more sense, but since this is more of a showcase summary of the VN, this was obviously rushed and slopped together.... such a shame that this show has turned out this much nonsense.

Why did they even bother with this? They should have given it the treatment it deserves or nothing.

Cornbread78

Why did they even bother with this? They should have given it the treatment it deserves or nothing.

I'm pretty sure there is an anniversary edition coming out with some new content and this is being used as marketing for it, but who really knows why they slapped this together the way they have...

Cornbread78

Rewrite-Episode-13-Subtitle-Indonesia-310x165.jpg

What was that ending? Is there a second season coming? Nevermind, what even was this show? I'm at a loss for words, probably because my expectations were too high to begin with beacause Rewrite is one of Key's biggest and "best" VN's, however.... Nothing was conclusive and nothing made sense until the very end. Hey, at least they managed to
kill off the entire cast, other than Kagari, so that's something unseen.
Hopefully, those that played the VN got something out of this at least..

Linkark07

Banned
So.... as soon as the credits started, I couldn't stop laughing. What the hell was that? How could Key allow Rewrite to be butchered like this? This was just awful in so many levels that can't even be described.

Shame, was expecting something better. That said, while still bad, I still had some fun, and at least they went with a Kill 'em all route.

And a second season has been announced. So Moon and Terra will get adapted. Hopefully 8bit doesn't screw those 2 routes, especially Terra.

Hopefully, those that played the VN got something out of this at least..
Hahahaha... No Cornbread, as a VN reader I just felt disappointment seeing how one of my favorite VNs had one of the worst anime adaptations ever.

Linkark07

Banned
It's gotta be better than this past arc/route...

Well, Moon and Terra are way better than any of the girls routes, that's for sure, especially Terra. That said, I'm waiting for this to see how 8bit handles
screw
this.

But cautiously optimistic it is actually good. Read Grisaia second season was actually great compared to the first one.

Cornbread78

Well, Moon and Terra are way better than any of the girls routes, that's for sure, especially Terra. That said, I'm waiting for this to see how 8bit handles
screw
this.

But cautiously optimistic it is actually good. Read Grisaia second season was actually great compared to the first one.

Yeah, Grisaia S2 was really, really good.

Linkark07

Banned
After everything that happened last season, I actually liked this episode. My only complaint would be that they didn't show anything about Lucia's route or Akane's route. I assume people who only watched the anime would be extremely confused as to what is happening here.

Quite surprised they used Tabi for the Opening, was expecting Rewrite. Probably it will be next week's opening, and the one they will use until they enter Terra.

Linkark07

Banned
So this has finally ended. Overall, I liked Season 2, despite being obviously rushed as hell. For what it was, they faithfully animated Terra while skipping some stuff. Moon was disappointing though.

Second season got a 7/10 in my books. At least we got animated Suzuki Bondo Adult Kotarou and Terra. Plus the opening was superb. Animation was ok, CG scenes were awful, and the action scenes were quite short, especially Kotarou vs Esaka.

As for the journey, I absolutely liked how it ended.

Cornbread78

So this has finally ended. Overall, I liked Season 2, despite being obviously rushed as hell. For what it was, they faithfully animated Terra while skipping some stuff. Moon was disappointing though.

Second season got a 7/10 in my books. At least we got animated Suzuki Bondo Adult Kotarou and Terra. Plus the opening was superb. Animation was ok, CG scenes were awful, and the action scenes were quite short, especially Kotarou vs Esaka.

As for the journey, I absolutely liked how it ended.

I'll have to watch it at some point. I was pissed at how bad S1 turned out for newbies to the VN like me, lol.

Linkark07

Banned
I'll have to watch it at some point. I was still posses at how bad S1 turned out for newbies to the BBC like me, lol.

S1 had potential, but it definitively needed more episodes
and possibly a better studio than 8bit.

Either that or just focus on Terra completely. I think that Terra as standalone is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom