• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzVal

All I meant was.....well....he says tomorrow will be something interesting.

Then someone asked about Wii Street U and he responded.

iyDfN4W.png

thanks I though that the news did not interest him, which woukd have been contradictory, and more in line too being the street app

Instro

Go to Straight Right thread.

I don't understand, last I was aware they were confirmed to be working on a project by way of linkedin and that had been narrowed down to Deus Ex by process of elimination. What has changed in respect to this tease from ign?

Oddduck

I don't understand, last I was aware they were confirmed to be working on a project by way of linkedin and that had been narrowed down to Deus Ex by process of elimination. What has changed in respect to this tease from ign?

The only thing the linkedin said was it was an AAA Square Enix project from Straight Right.

Karagi said it was a western title so that eliminated Final Fantasy and other Japanese titles. So everyone assumed it was Tomb Raider.

I would just read this. Straight Right thread: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495664&page=8

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Square-Enix may not have had initial intentions to port Human Revolution for obvious reasons. It's possible someone like Straight Right pitched the project to them (as can happen with outsourced ports, and as I expect ME3 ended up ported). It probably wouldn't have cost much, and Square-Enix figured "why not?".

EDIT: And yeah, Demon's = Sony, Dark = Namco. That's why Dark is not a literal sequel to Demon's.

Oddduck

Square-Enix may not have had initial intentions to port Human Revolution for obvious reasons. It's possible someone like Straight Right pitched the project to them (as can happen with outsourced ports, and as I expect ME3 ended up ported). It probably wouldn't have cost much, and Square-Enix figured "why not?".

EDIT: And yeah, Demon's = Sony, Dark = Namco. That's why Dark is not a literal sequel to Demon's.

Also, I bet their deal to do a movie on Deus Ex: Human Revolutions played a role as well. They probably want as many people to play the game as possible before making the movie.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/deus-ex-game-headed-hollywood-874097

Effect

Deus Ex is such a waste of time to port. Even if it wouldn't cost much why even green light it. It's not going to sell. I really hope this isn't the game they're working on.

Effect

At least Wii U owners would have something to play.

Many aren't going to buy anything just because it's out. I doubt they'll be taken advantage of like that. I hope they wouldn't. Especially since something like this would just be put on store shelves or if they're smart put on the eShop without any fanfare. There will be no push of any kind behind it to show why people should buy the game. Tossing people scraps isn't what is needed nor will that type of action be appreciated I think. It really shouldn't be. It will be just one more late failed port in the wake of the other systems getting new games. Then Wii U owners will be blamed because they didn't fall for whatever game being played by SE.

I really dont care for deus ex honestly

It frustrates me that this is a thing, seriously. Who greenlit this? "Oh man, let's get that two year old game out on WiiU! That one people can pay 20 bucks or less for on EVERY OTHER PLATFORM. They'll totally pick it up!"

Just... ugh. Why wouldn't you pour those resources into something new? Take a fucking RISK. God.

Shaffield

It frustrates me that this is a thing, seriously. Who greenlit this? "Oh man, let's get that two year old game out on WiiU! That one people can pay 20 bucks or less for on EVERY OTHER PLATFORM. They'll totally pick it up!"

Just... ugh. Why wouldn't you pour those resources into something new? Take a fucking RISK. God.

better than nothing i guess?
idk, they don't really have to pour any significant time or money into the port, and i doubt its a team that would be working on anything risky anyways.

i do agree that it shows SE half-assing their WiiU support though, which could be a negative trend

PhantomR

Banned

It doesn't even need to be something NEW. Just one of their current IPs. Tomb Raider, Lightning returns, etc. Any of those would be much preferable to an old Deus Ex.

better than nothing i guess?
idk, they don't really have to pour any significant time or money into the port, and i doubt its a team that would be working on anything risky anyways.

i do agree that it shows SE half-assing their WiiU support though, which could be a negative trend
Its better than nothing but its still bullshit. No offense to Wii U owners that have not played it and would love to give it a chance, but really this is not a game that we should be getting. Its almost like Wii U is becoming a hand me down console and developers putting what they want on it old, late, new just because its a new console that havent had those games yet. Almost a trend. Why dont we get tomb raider, or lightning returns. Why go through the effort to port some old ass game might as well port other old ass games. How would you feel if 360/PS3 is getting GTA V when Wii U is getting GTA IV DLC Filled edition for 60$. Please I dont want that shit.

Its better than nothing but its still bullshit. No offense to Wii U owners that have not played it and would love to give it a chance, but really this is not a game that we should be getting. Its almost like Wii U is becoming a hand me down console and developers putting what they want on it old, late, new just because its a new console that havent had those games yet. Almost a trend. Why dont we get tomb raider, or lightning returns. Why go through the effort to port some old ass game might as well port other old ass games. How would you feel if 360/PS3 is getting GTA V when Wii U is getting GTA IV DLC Filled edition for 60$. Please I dont want that shit.

I think it's an insult. I haven't played the game, but I would be a fool to pay 60 dollars for the game when I can get it for my PS3 or on Steam for 20. It's complete bullshit, and they should be called out for it.

This is the kind of shit "games journalists" need to be talking about. This should be completely unacceptable.

Kevin

Pretty much why I only bought a Wii U for Nintendo made games. I really hope the IGN announcement is for a better title myself. Something to get excited about. I've already seen Deus Ex go down to $5 several times already.

NateDrake

Pretty much why I only bought a Wii U for Nintendo made games. I really hope the IGN announcement is for a better title myself. Something to get excited about. I've already seen Deus Ex go down to $5 several times already.

I hope for a $19.99 eShop release of Bayonetta in the near future. Would be a pleasant announcement.

lol if Deus Ex was real. And if it was, why they still waitin on revealin this. At least get this shit out fucking NOW and be done with it already.

I hope for a $19.99 eShop release of Bayonetta in the near future. Would be a pleasant announcement.

That would tickle me pink. I've been waiting to pick it up... I wanted to just get it on PS3, but after the horror stories compared to the Xbox 360 version, I decided to wait until I was able to get a new 360. If I can pick up a WiiU version that isn't complete shit, I'll go that route instead.

Shaffield

it is an annoying trend, i totally agree with that.
im not sure if its going to stay that way going forward, especially once the WiiU library starts to fill out and the other nextgen consoles release. this might just be some companies that don't want to seriously invest in the WiiU yet, but they see the empty launch window and a chance to throw some successful games at the Nintendo audience that might have missed out, and make a quick buck from it.

i fully expect the WiiU to have a steady stream of games coming out from first parties and collaborators, and third parties like Atlus, Sega, P*, and Namco, but the console might mostly exist in its own little sphere once the next gen really gets rolling.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
It is literally impossible to please gamers. Hit buyers sure, but damn gamer entitlement is at danger will Robinson levels! That's why all you're getting is hit buyer blockbusters these days kids!

(Males me sad)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RE: Why port Deus Ex? Consider this: Straight Right has a new IP in works for the Wii U. They also have to ensure all their staff are busy and employed, and juggle their finances. Pitching a fairly inexpensive port of an old game may have worked nicely into their schedule, assuring staff have something to do and are getting paid for it.

That's why all you're getting is hit buyer blockbusters these days kids!

The Wii U isn't getting any hit blockbusters :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom