• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Aussie-Gamer has some interesting Wii U related news tomorrow, too. Hint: you'll need to think in multiple dimensions to understand it...

From their twitter.... Thoughts?

Fez is the first thing that springs to mind, but... that doesn't quite strike me as likely. Antichamber could be intriguing.

Maybe it'll just be some 3DS connectivity, possibly related to the new StreetPass functionality Iwata mentioned.

I hope it's Wii Music 2 instead.

?oe?oe

Wii Music U would be amazing. The game is unbelievably misunderstood, which is understandable after that horrible reveal.

Because the original Wii Music was utterly amazing fun and Im really hoping that the Wii U will be focused toward more and more excellent local multiplayer games. There really aren't enough of them these days.

Plus there's no doubt lots of instruments it would be fun to approximate on the gamepad.

goomba

Banned
I never tried Wii music , the hate seemed unanimous and the reviews were so low.

Hearing that it actually has fans makes me want to try it :)

javac

it better have the inventory on there as well. The more think about it... the more the wiiU concept seems fucking stupid for most games. ugh...

Like the Wii controller, only a select few games would work with the concept out of the box, with most games having to be built around the 'hook' in order to make good use of the controllers unique feature. The Metroid Prime games worked well with the control set-up, even Resident evil 4, games made for traditional controllers that worked well with the motion controller. Games like Donkey Kong CR? Not so much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never tried Wii music , the hate seemed unanimous and the reviews were so low.

That's because the E3 showing was horrible. The press didn't even give it a chance because they didn't know the difference between a music game and a rhythm game.

?oe?oe

If you're a fan of making music and can be patient in using the games fine tools, give it a try! Despite what E308 might suggest, the game is actually deep in it's mechanics. You will be able to create remixes any way you want; with solos, drawn out melodies with large varieties of instruments (even Mii vocals), using the wiimote in elevation to control volume, pitch and tone etc. You control each of the instruments separately going off a music sheet, but you can improvise however you want. Then you put it all together. You can even produce some of your own songs when you're comfortable. Put in the effort to get the best results.

Ability to create music videos and albums covers and watch them like as on a music channel is an added bonus :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ability to create music videos and albums covers and watch them like as on a music channel is an added bonus :)
The ability to easily share your creations will be the biggest benefit for Wii Music. It's also why I'd like to see a sequel to WarioWare DIY.

I was almost tempted to buy WiiFit just so I could use the balance board for the drums to have more control over the rhythm.

?oe?oe

I was almost tempted to buy WiiFit just so I could use the balance board for the drums to have more control over the rhythm.
Yeah... the balance board drum mode isn't actually good. It's pretty unresponsive. You can't get anything worthwhile using it.

Ydahs

I'm not expecting anything from Nintendo themselves or anything 'big'. I think it might be a pleasant third party announcement or a renowned indie developer announcing a new eShop title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom