• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'll be Mr. Negativity today and predict this is an announcement of Rayman Legends going multiplatform.

Feel free to stone and boo me if I'm wrong.

I doubt Rich would hype up a major exclusive going multiplatform + delayed, unless what Harker said was true about good/bad news and we don't know the second piece of the puzzle yet.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'll be Mr. Negativity today and predict this is an announcement of Rayman Legends going multiplatform.

Could be, especially if it really is delayed.

While Legends going multi wouldn't be a huge surprise, for Rich to pimp it as "very interesting Wii U-related news" would be ridiculous.

Blades64

Banned

Wouldn't be much of a huge blow for Nintendo (sales wise), but a blow nonetheless.

Eh...I wouldn't mind either way. As long as I get to play it with the GamePad. :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If this is followed by a Splinter Cell or Watch Dogs Wii U confirmation, Harker's post would make perfect sense.

radcliff

Activision got the TMNT license. Maybe the TMNT NES & SNES titles will be put up on Wii/Wii U VC. One hand taketh (Ubi had the NES original on the Wii VC but it was removed), the other giveth (Activision gets the license and puts all the TMNT games on the service)?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
well, it's official: Legends coming to PS360 in Septemebr alongside Wii U.
Great job Nintendo, with your probably last home console.

theman5141

Neo Member
Murmurs on Twitter that it is Rayman for PS3/360.

Let me put this into context. Legends going multi-platform actually benefits the more destitute folks like myself immensely in obviating the purchase of a Wii U. On the other hand, I was anticipating something positive on the Wii U news front for once, and find it highly disingenuous on Rich's part to drum up excitement for something that ought to be framed as "interesting" for PS3/360/PC(?) owners.

I figured it would be ported to other systems, but why on earth would they announce it before actually launching it on Wii U when they've said all along it was an Exclusive? They just killed any possibility that Rayman Legends would sell on Wii U. Nintendo has to do a better job of working with the Publishers to make sure these announcements don't happen until a while after it's released on their platform.

Let me put this into context. Legends going multi-platform actually benefits the more destitute folks like immensely in obviating the purchase of a Wii U. On the other hand, I was anticipating something positive on the Wii U news front for once, and find it highly disingenuous on Rich's part to drum up excitement for something that ought to be framed as "interesting" for PS3/360/PC(?) owners.

Yeah, it is sort of a dick move. "The WiiU can't hold down an exclusive" is interesting news in a way, not for fans of the system though. Either way, I totally agree with what you are saying. I was very anxious about buying a WiiU, and I really wanted to play Legends. A £30 purchase is going to be so much easier to make than a £300 one :)

I figured it would be ported to other systems, but why on earth would they announce it before actually launching it on Wii U when they've said all along it was an Exclusive? They just killed any possibility that Rayman Legends would sell on Wii U. Nintendo has to do a better job of working with the Publishers to make sure these announcements don't happen until a while after it's released on their platform.

Rayman Legends, Zombi U could go multiplatform

That was back in June.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
well, it's official: Legends coming to PS360 in Septemebr alongside Wii U.

Eeh, let's not exaggerate, here.

Unless you think next gen they'll go with the Homeled!

Earendil

This is pretty much how I feel. It's great that other people get to play it, but why did they have to 'Resident Evil 4' it?

Yes because the exclusivity of a sequel to a (admittedly amazing) niche, underselling 2D platformer was always going to decide the fate of Nintendo's console business. This must be why we didn't get a Rayman game for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom