• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty is goddamn hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking lost it when they travelled amongst dreams and somehow landed in a gnome orgy or some shit, and they saw Morty's sister wearing lingerie and she asked them if they wanted to have an "inter-generational sandwich" or something. LOL.

TheOGB

Banned
First episode was so-so, wasn't really clicking with me, but the Inception episode was hella funny. That one sold me on it.

This was a real surprise. I wasn't expecting much from the commercials. Even with Harmon's name attached I thought it was going to be another fleeting Adult Swim experiment but wow is it funny.

blamite

Good episode tonight. Jerry's part was fantastic. Probably should've been more spaced out from the Inception episode though.

Trouble

Banned
Love this show.

Morty, can you get to the left nipple?
Are you kidding? I'm hoping I can get to both of 'em, Rick.

zert

cFb1g2p.png

"Why would a Pop Tart want to live inside a toaster?"

ZoddGutts

Great ending for the latest ep. Show keeps improving. Funny how the weakest ep was the first ep happened to written by the creators of the show, since then it's had different writers. Won't be till ep 6 when it's written by one of the creators of the show, hopefully it's better than the first ep.

Burger

Love it!

"By the way I don't have discoloured butthole flaps, that was part of the simulation!"

"Uhh sir should I cancel that appointment then?"

"YAH! OF COURSE YOU SHOULD! no keep it move it up actually if you can"

*stitches*

All the episodes have been great, and I can see the world of the show slowly expanding, things and characters to revisit. I love the "dark" humor.

Along with Adventure Time and Regular Show, my cartoon itch has been scratched.

I really want to enjoy the show as I love the Back to the Future trilogy, but the whole show feels off to me. Maybe it's the oddly wet and constant belching, or possibly the extreme naivety of Morty. I'll keep watching for now in hopes it grows on me.

I can't believe how many great cartoons are on TV right now. Meanwhile, Hollywood keeps pumping out these generic CG movies that all look the same.

(I know there are some good animated movies, but they are few and far between and virtually no adult-oriented content)

Burger

I can't believe how many great cartoons are on TV right now. Meanwhile, Hollywood keeps pumping out these generic CG movies that all look the same.

(I know there are some good animated movies, but they are few and far between and virtually no adult-oriented content)

If I like this, what else currently on TV would I enjoy?

Tucah

you speak so well
I was kind of down on the first episode but I finally got around to the second - goddamn that was hilarious. Looking forward to the last couple episodes I have to catch up.

Mononoke

Banned
I really like this show, but I'm still coming around to the voice acting. I love aspects of the VO, but there are little things that bugged me. I haven't seen past episode 2, so I'm not sure if that starts to work itself out. Either way, I really enjoyed the characters overall, and the humor. I need to catch up to the latest episode.

iddqd

Not feeling this one (the Grandpa voice is shit and I know that its the creator) but I also did not love Uncle Grandpa in the beginning and that turned out fun for me.
I'll give it another shot.

Martheron

I've only caught the first, the body theme park, and the holo-simulation episodes. I love EVERYTHING aside from rick's burping. Just doesn't seem to add anything aside from being annoying, though they really toned it down from the first one so I might be okay with it. Will catch when I can and possibly buy the DvD when it comes out.

It's a shame Unsupervised didn't make it. It was that rare adult cartoon that doesn't center on awful human beings. The two leads's unwavering optimism and naiveté was refreshingly charming.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. It was very smart, and charming is the perfect word to describe it.

NastyBook

"You can run but you can't hide, BITCH!" Scary Terry sealed the deal for me on the Inception episode. Show's top notch. This past episode's ending was fucking epic too.

Drago

Just watched the first two episodes. This show is absolutely hilarious.

"Where are my testicles, Summer?"

Caught an episode while flipping channels last week. It is now scheduled to record every week on my DVR. Really, really funny show.

blamite

Really good episode tonight, probably my favorite so far. I'm glad to see Rick and Morty's relationship actually developing in each episode, the show could easily get repetitive if it stayed the same so It's really good to see that's not happening. Also Jerry is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom