• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty is goddamn hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morty started stuttering in this episode? I think it's really showing some character development. Especially after that WTF-worthy scene.

AniHawk

mr. meeseeks is totally house of cosbys. i love how his catchphrase 'i'm mr. meeseeks look at me!' would just enter in the middle of a sentence no matter the context.

Messofanego, man, thanks for the recommendation. I had totally ignored this show. Watched a few on youtube after seeing this thread and I'm sold. Hilarious and fantastic

Saw the simulation episode and the meeseeks episode. Anyone have the Youtube links for the others?

Akahige

Messofanego, man, thanks for the recommendation. I had totally ignored this show. Watched a few on youtube after seeing this thread and I'm sold. Hilarious

Saw the simulation episode and the meeseeks episode. Anyone have the Youtube links for the others?
They seem to only have the 2 latest available at a time on youtube.

mr. meeseeks is totally house of cosbys. i love how his catchphrase 'i'm mr. meeseeks look at me!' would just enter in the middle of a sentence no matter the context.

This show took awhile to click with me, but it's utterly fantastic.

The human body amusement park caught my interest and then the inception one sealed the deal.

The Meseeks are comedy gold.

Messofanego, man, thanks for the recommendation. I had totally ignored this show. Watched a few on youtube after seeing this thread and I'm sold. Hilarious and fantastic

No problem, man, glad you're enjoying it.

BBboy20

This is the best animation Adult Swim ever had. Movements and expressions move organically at times.

Would have ignored it if Dan Harmon wasn't involved but it turned out to be a show of it's own right. Easily the best thing Adult Swim has done since *beforetomgoestothemayor*

TheOGB

Banned
That episode was pretty goddamn funny. Loved the family subplot, and Morty sticking up for himself was great (but that bathroom scene was maybe 30 seconds too long, I think).

Tom_Cody

I have only just started to get into this show. I didn't like the pilot too much but I loved the Inception episode. I need to watch the rest of the episodes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I watched the first episode a while back and was instantly turned off, maybe I should give it another chance.

MNC

I'm on the bandwagon. When I heard Dan Harmon was making something new, I was thinking it was just going to ride on his name and be a bad show. Boy, was I wrong. This shit is amazing.

Where was this thread ages ago? I love this show. Just started watching last month. Adult swim always has some weird stuff and I decided to give this a chance and I love it. Last night's episode when he was fucking up that thing in the bathroom had me dying. Love this show.

DarkKyo

Where was this thread ages ago? I love this show. Just started watching last month. Adult swim always has some weird stuff and I decided to give this a chance and I love it. Last night's episode when he was fucking up that thing in the bathroom had me dying. Love this show.

The show is like two months old! So this thread isn't that old.

The show is awesome, as was last night's episode. I love the intricate sci-fi concepts and the humor is pretty great too.

The show is like two months old! So this thread isn't that old.

The show is awesome, as was last night's episode. I love the intricate sci-fi concepts and the humor is pretty great too.

Lol I know, I was exaggerating :D!

Awesome indeed. I love the whole sci-fi setting with a dysfunctional family, the son who's basically a loser but has crazy hilarious space dimension ripping adventures with his crazed drunk delusional Super genius grandpa however learns about life at the same time is a pretty good synopsis. I don't know the guys who make this show per se but who ever they are, this is the best thing in a while. I did like superjail tho. I wish they would get rid of squidbilles.. I hate that show.

New episode is great, but I worry they are going to make Rick more of a good guy now.

Him being an asshole is what makes the show work.

I doubt they're gonna write him up as a good guy but in every episode so far he's proven that he loves his grandson and although he doesn't show it to Morty. Like after they go through the portal Rick goes back to fix that last thing.

The Meeseeks episode was amazing, and the Anatomy Park episode was great.

Dan Harmon needs to get way more work because this year alone he turned around "Community" and made it excellent again, and now has a critically acclaimed animated TV series

This show is on a roll. Last episode was great

That R scene was insane lol

Wow, the writer for that scene got into the technical aspects of it over at the big R -
http://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmort...planation_of_the_jellybean_bathroom_scene_by/

I'm amused by the first post:

I felt wrong for it giving me a laugh and that post makes it funnier
Although..they probably should have conveyed all that to make it seem less controversial, but that is probably what they were going for.

this show is great. when does it air each week?

sjxajHW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom