• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty is goddamn hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I didn't think this week's would top any of the episodes so far but it just did. Definitely a 10/10 with
dem feels
ending. It'll be a crime if this series doesn't get renewed.

I loved the fact that Rick and Morty kept referring to
the genetic mutants as "Cronenbergs."
It really amused me, especially since
The Fly is one of my favourite horror films.

And wow, that ending
hit pretty hard. It was unusually heavy for such a silly, tongue-in-cheek show.

Mariolee

Oh my goodness...that was crazy dark. Like, I wonder if they'll make any reference to it next episode because...holy moly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow, that's
one hell of a reset button. The fact that there's infinite realities means Rick can mess up as many worlds as he wants and it will all be better. While Morty gets more and more traumatized. That thousand yard stare...

I'm glad this has been renewed, the show is so great.

Mariolee

Wow, that's
one hell of a reset button. The fact that there's infinite realities means Rick can mess up as many worlds as he wants and it will all be better. While Morty gets more and more traumatized. That thousand yard stare...

Nah, he said that he could do it "four, five times tops" which acknowledges that the writers can't just keep using this as a resolution.

Rick reminds me of a messed up version of the Doctor, where if the Doctor became apathetic after seeing all of time and space and just said, "Screw it." Morty of course being his companion.

Wow, that's

Was waiting for it to be a dream or some kind of simulation. Not even Fringe went that dark with alternate realities

Xevren

Loved tonights episode, this show is probably what I look forward to most out of the shows that I watched. Such a gem.

Moaradin

Sounds like I need to check this show out. Usually not a fan of Adult Swim stuff other than Venture Bros and Boondocks.

DarkKyo

Sounds like I need to check this show out. Usually not a fan of Adult Swim stuff other than Venture Bros and Boondocks.

If you like the "super science" present in Venture Bros you will love how overboard they go with the concept in this show. Anything seems possible.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Uhm...wow...that was the first episode of this show I've ever seen. It was indeed goddamn hilarious, right up until the end which actually hit me emotionally. Is it always that fucked up?

Toa TAK

Banned
So I just watched the recent episode, and I'm going back to watch the rest.

This show is hilarious and wrong but right in so many ways.

Clevinger

holy fuck, that ending. so awesome and fucked up

and omg @ Rick making hand gestures and his dead body's hanging eye getting in the way

Tokubetsu

Poster from SA totally pointed something out about Rick that I hadn't even thought of from that angle. The whole "don't think about it" and his general attitude about everything and his family:

It's becoming pretty clear why Rick became an alcoholic nihilist if he's done this sort of thing before. And if he can only do it another 3 or 4 times then he's done it a whooooooooole lot of times by now.

If they ever get to have a clear ending to this show I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Morty being as apethetic about everything (well almost everything) like his grandad.

I mean, how many times can Morty bury his own corpse and kill his parents before he picks up the bottle too?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Poster from SA totally pointed something out about Rick that I hadn't even thought of from that angle. The whole "don't think about it" and his general attitude about everything and his family:

If they ever get to have a clear ending to this show I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Morty being as apethetic about everything (well almost everything) like his grandad.

I mean, how many times can Morty bury his own corpse and kill his parents before he picks up the bottle too?

I interpreted it as he only got it right in a few universes period, meaning he isn't near as genius as he claims. I still agree with the overall sentiment about his character though.

Alric

Amazing episode. You can definitely tell the Rick has been through this so much he just doesnt care but seeing Morty at the end trying to come to terms with everything that just happened was amazing. The show is only getting better. I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't get picked up for another season. One of the best things on TV right now.

AniHawk

Amazing episode. You can definitely tell the Rick has been through this so much he just doesnt care but seeing Morty at the end trying to come to terms with everything that just happened was amazing. The show is only getting better. I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't get picked up for another season. One of the best things on TV right now.

second season was confirmed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait til you see the King Jellybean episode.

Yeah, went back and watched the series up until now today. That was also pretty dark, but it actually worked for me, since it led into a moment of compassion from Rick that felt earned and satisfying. Not that I'm saying I don't like the ending of the most recent one or anything, it just really hit me out of left field

MNC

Oh man Jesus Rick that was a real fucking dark episode. I hate watching these on tuesdays, it means I have to wait 7 more days until I can watch the next episode. :/ It's nigh unbearable.

Finally caught up with the first three shows

- The pilot was ok. Not sure if I would keep watching the show if I had seen the pilot first. Rick seemed like more of a jerk in the first episode

- Lawnmower Dog was great. Uplifting is an awesome sci-fi concept and the dog's evolution was done really well. And the episode made what could have been a played-out Inception riff work. Really hope we see Snowball again

- Anatomy Park was good, but didn't enjoy it as much as the second episode.

But the recent three episodes just blow the first three away. This show is fantastic, one of my favorite on TV now.

That "Love Potion" ending...it was dark and well done and just absolutely thought provoking. Rare for a show to make me really think about the consequences and repercussions of an ending, but damn I'm still thinking about that ending

Hope this show keeps up the momentum. It's awesome to be present at the start of a new show, most animations shows like Futurama and Family Guy had been on for years before I got into them

Mononoke

Banned
I have to say, I'm really surprised by how good this show is. I mean, I'm a fan of Harmon and all, but I just didn't really expect the style of comedy to really be my thing. But goddammit, I'm always laughing so hard. This show is just so twisted.

This latest episode had the best ending.

This is the first animated show I've liked in forever.

I think it's because I'm not used to animation being so dark. Besides Robot Chicken, what other animation/anime are out there that you guys recommend that are this dark and funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom