• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Hey his episode set him up to maybe get better

But this is Rick and Morty

it set him up to get better, but the show loves using him as a punching bag for easy jokes.

If they want to advance his character, have him find a woman who actually enjoys his beta male humor and personality. Then he moves on with his life and ocassionally sees the kid.

Such a shame they threw him away this season.

hughesta

Banned
it set him up to get better, but the show loves using him as a punching bag for easy jokes.

If they want to advance his character, have him find a woman who actually enjoys his beta male humor and personality. Then he moves on with his life and ocassionally sees the kid.

b plot tonight

Zubz

Banned

It at least makes sense from a story perspective. Jerry is better the further away he is from everyone. He still has a lot of growing to do on his own, but Rick was actively holding him back from doing anything there.

Granted, a lot of his flaws are his own, so he might just remain... Jerry.

This is what I'm hoping B plot is. But I feel it'll be more like Jerry goes on a date and the woman is turned off by how pathetic he is.
The show doesn't have many throwaway plots. I'm sure they'll do something interesting with it. And just doubling down on Jerry being pathetic, especially after the position we left him in last time would surprise me.

Maybe Beth gets super mad at Rick and tries to go back to Jerry.

Zubz

Banned
Huh. This is an interesting turn for Beth. It would definitely explain her behavior this season, though!

She's totally going to end up finishing the job in an attempt to save him, though. And maybe kill Jerry's new girlfriend. The A & B Plots are definitely intertwining at some point.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm beginning to think Beth got into surgery to dissect bodies and mutilate flesh

Zubz

Banned
So that Future Summer clip in the intro absolutely means next episode is about C-137 & the original Morty (The Evil/Eyepatch/President one), right?

Also, shout-outs to Summer for coining a new name for "Woke Misogynists."

And holy shit, Beth!

Top Bottom